Is there hope for the future of the Buffiverse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't really mean Andrew as the lead - but the new, young Watcher's Council could give us the continuity of character that an ongoing series needs and we could still kill off the slayers through the series.

Yeah, the prequel idea sounds very good, it would be cool to see Spike killing the Slayers and how they got to the final battle, etc, what Anyanka was doing, the adventures of Darla and of course, more of Druscilla.

I've heard that the animated series is still in limbo - designs were done and scripts written, and a lot of the original cast had agreed to do the voices. But haven't heard anything in a while.

Have you seen Eric Wight's character designs and concept art from the animated series, wyrmn3500?

Go to EricWight.com for a look!

dww.jpg

thanks for the link frankenfan -- designs look pretty cool -- i remember reading somewhere that it was going to basically represent season one in an animated format & from the characters presented that sounds pretty accurate.

Another great link Frankenfan. I'd like to see animated Buffy come to pass. Seem's kinda' like the way to go to bring a series back.

I'm with you, chamildav!

I've always maintained the characters lost their way after the high school years, so I was very pleased to learn the animated series would revisit the original premise —*albeit with Dawn.

Although the show appeared to be targeting a younger audience than it's live action predecessor, the addition of most of the original cast members as voice talent, veteran Buffy writing staff and, visionaries Joss Whedon, Jeph Loeb, and Eric Wight at the helm, the animated series series held a lot of promise.

(Plus, as an animation maquette enthusiast, I was salivating at the prospect of adding figures based on Wight's designs to my collection!)

Is there hope for the future of the Buffyverse? For me, the answer lies in the past.

Back