Is there any need for a MK IV/VI V2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a MK IV/VI or WM MK I Version 2.0?

• Yes! We need them all as Die Casts!

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • No! They are still blending in. Better give me another Ledger Joker.

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Good point, not exactly new to collecting Iron Man but until last year I resisted getting into another collection focus (as Star Wars & Doctor Who are my main collectibles)..., & now I've broken the resistance I'd happily have the ones I missed if they were reasonably priced SO yes, although I want diecast for the materials & a better base, I also want them because of the better price too. lol ;)

They'll never be as cheap as the originals were but if one can save about $70-$100 than I guess it's better than nothing(the reissues, if made, will be over $300).

They'll never be as cheap as the originals were but if one can save about $70-$100 than I guess it's better than nothing(the reissues, if made, will be over $300).

Yes, diecast definitely commands more money BUT I can't see any reason to make the early suits again unless they go down the diecast path..., for now I'm happy getting the house party protocol suits though & I'd rather they made those really than repeats. :)

Nope.

They were done perfectly, no need to do them again in another medium and bang everyone for an additional $50-75 a pop.

Would much prefer they doing new suits they haven't tackled, Hammer Drones, Pepper, etc than wasting time redoing what's been done already.

Would love to see a rerelease in diecast. I'm not really looking to collect them all, but would love a mk6 or mk7 and a diecast im2 war machine to display together.

I'm hopeful that they made make a diecast War Machine mark I in the diecast format seeing as they've done Whiplash mark II & Iron Man mark III in diecast now..., doesn't mean they will do it of course but like I said, I'm hopeful. ;)

Nope.

They were done perfectly, no need to do them again in another medium and bang everyone for an additional $50-75 a pop.

Would much prefer they doing new suits they haven't tackled, Hammer Drones, Pepper, etc than wasting time redoing what's been done already.

I second this reasoning. My Mark IV-VI have aged well and still stacks up to the new armors. My Mark IV is on par with my Silver Centurion.

People complain about missing out on the initial releases is sickening to me. It's part of the hobby, don't take the easy way out and ask for a rerelease. Actually go out and hunt one down for a good deal like an old school collector, it's a part of the hobby.

I've said it when I first joined the thread. The Mark III was the only one that needed a revisit. All the others armors had rereleases with newer build techniques except for the Mark III.

Instead of redoing armors that don't need updates, I would much rather see HT tackle new stuff, not just new IM armors, but other lines.

They certainly hold up, but theres a lot of room for improvement

The 4 and 6 were done without using the Legacy effects 3D model, so theres lots of proportion/details missing, as well as the lack of repulsor blast, neck articulation etc... They do need a redo imo

I second this reasoning. My Mark IV-VI have aged well and still stacks up to the new armors. My Mark IV is on par with my Silver Centurion.

People complain about missing out on the initial releases is sickening to me. It's part of the hobby, don't take the easy way out and ask for a rerelease. Actually go out and hunt one down for a good deal like an old school collector, it's a part of the hobby.

I've said it when I first joined the thread. The Mark III was the only one that needed a revisit. All the others armors had rereleases with newer build techniques except for the Mark III.

Instead of redoing armors that don't need updates, I would much rather see HT tackle new stuff, not just new IM armors, but other lines.

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap

They certainly hold up, but theres a lot of room for improvement

The 4 and 6 were done without using the Legacy effects 3D model, so theres lots of proportion/details missing, as well as the lack of repulsor blast, neck articulation etc... They do need a redo imo

Legacy means nothing to me, just look at Sideshow's Iron Man releases. Almost all of them are a complete mess and they work hand in hand with Legacy, which clearly means nothing in the end product and who care nothing about accuracy.

:goodpost: :exactly: :clap

Legacy means nothing to me, just look at Sideshow's Iron Man releases. Almost all of them are a complete mess and they work hand in hand with Legacy, which clearly means nothing in the end product and who care nothing about accuracy.

but hot toys "freestyle" sculpt isnt up to par either, the main problem with every companies (sideshow included) is they base all their stuff off of early stage references... and with 3D sculpting Legacy can change a ton of things quickly, so its tough to be 100% accurate

but hot toys "freestyle" sculpt isnt up to par either, the main problem with every companies (sideshow included) is they base all their stuff off of early stage references... and with 3D sculpting Legacy can change a ton of things quickly, so its tough to be 100% accurate

How is it not up to par? Hot Toys IM & related portraits, IM armors and arc reactor detailing + paint apps are currently the best in the business with IM being arguably their best selling line.

How is it not up to par? Hot Toys IM & related portraits, IM armors and arc reactor detailing + paint apps are currently the best in the business with IM being arguably their best selling line.

Sorry

I mean not up to par with\ the mk 7/ 42 (7 has some issues too)

1. the neck adapter sucks - needs an update
2. the upper bicep from the side profile is ugly, not accurate, mk 7 has this issue too
3. the "butt" area blows, from the side again, too sunken in into the back of the thigh. Look at mk 7 to see the difference
4. Diaper area needs an update
5. elbow joint are hideous (especially from the side)
6. needs some more "mass" in the torso area

Sorry

I mean not up to par with\ the mk 7/ 42 (7 has some issues too)

1. the neck adapter sucks - needs an update
2. the upper bicep from the side profile is ugly, not accurate, mk 7 has this issue too
3. the "butt" area blows, from the side again, too sunken in into the back of the thigh. Look at mk 7 to see the difference
4. Diaper area needs an update
5. elbow joint are hideous (especially from the side)
6. needs some more "mass" in the torso area

You're going to have to post some comparison pics b/c no way I'm Googling all that ocd crap :lol

You're going to have to post some comparison pics b/c no way I'm Googling all that ocd crap :lol

:lol

you own the figures, no? take a 4/6 and a 7/42, turn em sideways back to back

and prepare to be disappointing

ill try and get some pics taken tomorrow night, working now and have a comic show to work tomorrow :D

:lol

you own the figures, no? take a 4/6 and a 7/42, turn em sideways back to back

and prepare to be disappointing

ill try and get some pics taken tomorrow night, working now and have a comic show to work tomorrow :D

Why the hell would I do that? I'll never display them sideways or stare at Stark's ass :rotfl

Why the hell would I do that? I'll never display them sideways or stare at Stark's ass :rotfl

well when you put it that way.... :rotfl

heres a couple pics of HT's bust, you can see the neck and torso have more mass or substance, also note the upper bicep area

IM10.JPG

IM11.JPG

A pretty ridiculous mentality in regards to no rereleases. There are no "good deals" for the mark VI unless you're willing to spend $400+, even for ones with pinking panties and loose joints. The people that have one to sale will sale with hopes of getting as much money, if not more than the next person. Not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg to buy one of these, nor does everyone have as much time as you to hunt down these figures. You could also argue that waiting for a rerelease is just like waiting for a good deal, because rereleases do happen, because hey, it's part of the hobby. Rereleases don't hurt you in anyway, but it does provide an opportunity to those without a high income and who just started collecting.

Who's saying they won't eventually? Re-releasing four to six IM armors in diecast isn't going to take away from what HT wants to do in the future. If there's a franchise they know will sale, it'll happen.

A pretty ridiculous excuse and mentality in regards to no rereleases. There are no "good deals" for the mark VI unless you're willing to spend $400+, even for ones with pinking panties and loose joints. The people that have one to sale will sale with hopes of getting as much money, if not more than the next person. Not everyone wants to spend an arm and a leg to buy one of these, nor does everyone have as much time as you to hunt down these figures. You could also argue that waiting for a rerelease is just like waiting for a good deal, because rereleases do happen, because hey, it's part of the hobby. Rereleases don't hurt you in anyway, but it does provide an opportunity to those without a high income and just started collecting.

Playing devil's advocate it's not ridiculous at all if you consider them a 'collectible', which many do. Just b/c you missed the boat on earlier releases and don't want to pay to play doesn't mean a company should dedicate it's time re-issuing a product it has already so you can save a hundred bucks. Rereleases could easily bottom out the value of the entire line, which would hurt someone in the even they want/need to sell their collection for whatever reason.

Playing devil's advocate it's not ridiculous at all if you consider them a 'collectible', which many do. Just b/c you missed the boat on earlier releases and don't want to pay to play doesn't mean a company should dedicate it's time re-issuing a product it has already so you can save a hundred bucks. Rereleases could easily bottom out the value of the entire line, which would hurt someone in the even they want/need to sell their collection for whatever reason.

I was more referring to the ridiculous part in regards to him feeling "sickened" by rereleases and that everyone should just be old school and do it "his" way. :p No one here is demanding HT to rerelease just because we missed some figures. It's more of just expressing interests in the matter if they do do a rerelease. I just bought a Mark VII for $400 new which I guess could be considered a good deal, but that was still quite steep for my wallet. Definitely won't be getting the Mark VI unless I can find one for under $400, or if HT decides to make a diecast rerelease.

While possibly true on the value of the line, the rereleased figures will also sale out eventually, in which case the value of the originals might not even be affected that much. Both the avengers mark VI and IM2 mark VI still sale quite high, both being about equally priced.

I was more referring to the ridiculous part in regards to him feeling "sickened" by rereleases and that everyone should just be old school and do it "his" way. :p No one here is demanding HT to rerelease just because we missed some figures. It's more of just expressing interests in the matter if they do do a rerelease. I just bought a Mark VII for $400 new which I guess could be considered a good deal, but that was still quite steep for my wallet. Definitely won't be getting the Mark VI unless I can find one for under $400, or if HT decides to make a diecast rerelease.

While possibly true on the value of the line, the rereleased figures will also sale out eventually, in which case the value of the originals might not even be affected that much. Both the avengers mark VI and IM2 mark VI still sale quite high, both being about equally priced.

Gotcha. The value of older releases generally drops steeply once a new one is announced, see the Mk 3 for example. You should have been around when they announced the Mk 1 reissue the first time lol, people were fuming over that one. As for the Mk 6, good deals can still be found for the IM2 version with some patience and luck, but the reason the VI in general has held it's value is bc the Avenger release was a very limited run and many missed the boat on the original. You could pick up the original Mk 2, Mk 2 AUV and 3 on eBay near retail.

Back