Is the prometheus body crap???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't youse just use a little dab of super glue and keep the joint mobile till it dries? Or is the cost too much? The effort too great, and the result too stifling to the ability to moan ad nauseum.

It's the luck of the draw when you buy anything that is packaged so you can't check. At least a loose joint is an easy fix. Not like when something is broken.

So that means collectors should be out a couple hundred dollars until Sideshow gets it right?? I am not investing Money in this line if its not gonna measure up to what these figures are suppose to do or be. I swear some of you will accept whatever toy companies give you and kneel before these companies and swallow their swords

I don't whine like a little tittybaby about my collectibles. Additionally, I own 4 Indys. On all of them, the neck was a little loose and Indy did the drunken nod, but that was due to the weight of the hatted Indy headsculpt (3 of the 4 Pros now reside with HT headsculpts capping them and none are loose. The 4th is boxed away minty fresh). The joints weren't tight but they were far from the chicken little "ragdoll" loose you'd have everyone believe. But hey, instead of playing the runaround and hinting that we're queers because we're actually being realistic about first generation products, just answer the question. Do you get everything in your life 100% right the first time? Because if you don't, that'll make you one hell of a hypocrite for bashing someone else because they don't.

besides the super glue fix, i also swapped out the rubber cap in the bottom of the neck adapter with one from a hot toys figure ( i've got several spares) Fixed the problem right away :)

little time, little patience, and indy is fantasticly sturdy now :)

I don't whine like a little tittybaby about my collectibles. Additionally, I own 4 Indys. On all of them, the neck was a little loose, but that was due to the weight of the hatted Indy headsculpt (3 of the 4 Pros now reside with HT headsculpts capping them and none are loose. The 4th is boxed away minty fresh). The joints weren't tight but they were far from the chicken little "ragdoll" loose you'd have everyone believe. But hey, instead of playing the runaround and hinting that we're queers because we're actually being realistic about first generation products, just answer the question. Do you get everything in your life 100% right the first time? Because if you don't, that'll make you one hell of a hypocrite for bashing someone else because they don't.

I guess you have extra income to blow...as I do not!! If I am gonna to be PAYING MONEY for these...yes I want quality...its not about your corny comment "Do you get everything in your life 100% right the first time?"

I am not a company making toys for money so your comment makes no sense at all of the issue being talked about here. I simply asked collectors on here if the body is crap? some say it is, others are fine with loose joints. but to defend a company for not making quality for the money being charged is just plain dumb...and to accept "improvement" is a cop-out...How about...the issue is addressed and WILL be fixed from Sideshow

i don't think it's fair to call it crap yet. we've only seen 1 figure on the body. when we've got 5-10 figures on the body, if it's still like a piece of pasta, then it's crap. but I really don't think this will be the case. But untill then, superglue away!

I'll give Sideshow 1 last chance at this, if the next fig that use the new body ends up just like Indy's, I will just buy parts of ebay and bash it with Hot Toys body.

I'll be honest. I'm expecting snake eyes to be as bad as indy. I'm guessing it will be the third release before they get it right.

Don't mind, super glue till they fix it, and then E-bay for replacement bodies once thy do.

I'll be honest. I'm expecting snake eyes to be as bad as indy. I'm guessing it will be the third release before they get it right.

Don't mind, super glue till they fix it, and then E-bay for replacement bodies once thy do.

while that might be a solution...should we really have to be super glueing the pro body to tighten the joints?? I dont think so. Sideshow just needs to FIX it! not gradually Improve!

I guess you have extra income to blow...as I do not!!

In all honesty I don't know that it would be wise for anyone to buy collectible figures if they *didn't* have extra income to blow. They're just fun toys after all. :) But I do understand wanting these figures to be as perfect as reasonably possible. 1985 is my all time favorite action figure and there's no way I'm passing up this version!

SE1-1.jpg
SE3.jpg

SE2-1.jpg
SE4.jpg

SE5-1.jpg

SE7.jpg

No need to Tease Khev....What I mean about diposable income is...I dont have disposable income to be buying loose jointed figures...The figures look great, its this new body thats got me on the fence (no I am not paying more money for a Hot Toys body)
I just want quality for the money I am gonna be spending on this line...its such a simple request isnt it?

No need to Tease Khev....What I mean about diposable income is...I dont have disposable income to be buying loose jointed figures...The figures look great, its this new body thats got me on the fence (no I am not paying more money for a Hot Toys body)
I just want quality for the money I am gonna be spending on this line...its such a simple request isnt it?

I hear you. $120 is your perceived value of SE with tight joints. If he comes on a loose body then it won't sit as well with you. Nothing wrong with that. Here's to hoping he's a total homerun! :duff

Just my opinion, but looking at the "action pose" in the last shot realy REALY makes me think sideshow needs to get a bit more imaginative with there posing for photography.

but to defend a company for not making quality for the money being charged is just plain dumb...and to accept "improvement" is a cop-out...How about...the issue is addressed and WILL be fixed from Sideshow

Dumb? Bub, you clearly have no concept of what it's like to introduce a new product. I don't care WHO you are, HT, Medi, SS, Hasbro, DiD, Dragon, etc, there will ALWAYS be bugs in new products that need to be worked out through the course of new releases. Some of you guys think HotToys is the Messiah of toys but guess what, they had bugs too when they released their new bodies. I'm also a realist and don't have fairytale expectations of perfection for new products. If you don't have that kind of money to gamble, common sense would have warned you then about buying a 1st gen product which is guaranteed to have bugs. Clearly, by your statements and need for comforting shows you lack the wisdom to know this. Sideshow should be complimented for releasing a new body type. Their Buck was a stable platform they could have continued to use for all their 12" releases. But because of consumer demand for a body update, they took the initiative and had one produced. What's there is hardly perfect, but it's better than what was, not half as bad as you'd have people think for what it is, and has a hell of a lot of potential for what could be.

Additionally, "loose body" or not, Indy was well worth the $90. Medicom's wasn't even close to worth the price they charged, Takara's is still a myth and anything HT would've produced would've been close to double the price.

Dumb? Bub, you clearly have no concept of what it's like to introduce a new product. I don't care WHO you are, HT, Medi, SS, Hasbro, DiD, Dragon, etc, there will ALWAYS be bugs in new products that need to be worked out through the course of new releases. Some of you guys think HotToys is the Messiah of toys but guess what, they had bugs too when they released their new bodies. I'm also a realist and don't have fairytale expectations of perfection for new products. If you don't have that kind of money to gamble, common sense would have warned you then about buying a 1st gen product which is guaranteed to have bugs. Clearly, by your statements and need for comforting shows you lack the wisdom to know this. Sideshow should be complimented for releasing a new body type. Their Buck was a stable platform they could have continued to use for all their 12" releases. But because of consumer demand for a body update, they took the initiative and had one produced. What's there is hardly perfect, but it's better than what was, not half as bad as you'd have people think for what it is, and has a hell of a lot of potential for what could be.

Additionally, "loose body" or not, Indy was well worth the $90. Medicom's wasn't even close to worth the price they charged, Takara's is still a myth and anything HT would've produced would've been close to double the price.

So Sideshow introduces a product thats not ready?? And your ok with that?
Bow down before the one you serve! I am tired of excuses....I can afford the line, I just dont feel like dropping hundreds on a cool line only to be dissapointed by the pinoccio flimsy bodies..thats why I asked the question (thread title) not get into a Sideshow vs Hot Toys battle, but on that note Hot Toys is, hands down, the god of the 1/6 scale! Period!

but on that note Hot Toys is, hands down, the god of the 1/6 scale! Period!

They may take 1/6 scale production to unprecedented levels on 2nd tier properties, but call me when they get the rights to make figures for a real franchise like Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, or GI Joe. SSC FTW. ;)

There are quite few threads here about the faults of Hot Toys. I wonder why noone who posts there ever post in these "HT is GOD" threads?

There are quite few threads here about the faults of Hot Toys. I wonder why noone who posts there ever post in these "HT is GOD" threads?

They show no fear with their products and push the limits. That is what makes them. Yea, they have some faults and problems here and there. My First Blood Rambo has fading hands, but other than that, no problems with my figs by them.

As for the Pro, the body is fine. And Snake Eyes looks bad ass.

Don't bother teemu. Nam is a SS lover boy, and loves to argue his point even when it's blatantly wrong. Again don't bother. I hope Snake Eyes kicks ass for you guys!!

Apart from the loose joins, nobody thinks it is too skinny for the Indy character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back