Is the prometheus body crap???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sideshow introduces a product thats not ready?? And your ok with that?
Bow down before the one you serve! I am tired of excuses....I can afford the line, I just dont feel like dropping hundreds on a cool line only to be dissapointed by the pinoccio flimsy bodies..thats why I asked the question (thread title) not get into a Sideshow vs Hot Toys battle, but on that note Hot Toys is, hands down, the god of the 1/6 scale! Period!

Is somebody a little Emo crybaby? Quoting Reznor :lol. Now it all makes sense. :p All kidding aside, products are deemed ready from production samples. If the production sample had loose joints, then it's an issue with design. If it didn't, then it's an issue with production. In either case, I'm completely comfortable with the fact that I knowingly spent a measly $90 (x4) and purchased a first-gen body which would likely have minor issues. The rest of the accessories more than compensated for any joint issues. You're crying that the sky is falling and you haven't even gotten a second Prometheus to compare to your first. Your argument would be entirely more relevant if it was POST Snake Eyes' release and you had both in hand for comparison/contrast.

Not too skinny. It it was any bulkier, I think it won't let thicker clothes look right.

Not too skinny. It it was any bulkier, I think it won't let thicker clothes look right.

Well, mine is on a Hot Toys body now, and he looks a lot better: clothes are better filled.
I am keeping the body to use for another character with a less muscled body or so.

Member smallstudios posted a photo of his Indy in another Indy thread to give you an idea.

They may take 1/6 scale production to unprecedented levels on 2nd tier properties, but call me when they get the rights to make figures for a real franchise like Star Wars, Indy, LOTR, or GI Joe. SSC FTW. ;)

:horror Batman. IronMan. Rocky. Rambo. POTA. RoboCop. Predator. Superman.
POTC...

:lecture
This is the most lucid and true thing I've ever seen teemu post. :D

teemu is dead or a shapeshifter has taken possession of his body likeness. :monkey2 Either way it's a win win for the human race. Are we there yet? Who won?

:horror Batman. IronMan. Rocky. Rambo. POTA. RoboCop. Predator. Superman.

Batman, Ironman and Superman are all, respectively, the movie licenses and not the actual character licenses from DC and Marvel.

Rocky, Rambo and RoboCop are definitely niche market (and that's hard for me to say because my HT RoboCop is by far my favorite 1:6 figure to date), not mass market wants.

I'll give you Predator. Especially with the addition of Dutch's team. But the price may very well keep them out of the average collector's hands as well.

POTC? :huh :lol

Last edited:
Hot Toys also produced figures of the Aliens saga, with the nostromu crew, the USMC marines and Ripley and even a power loader.

Pirates of the caribbean, Hell Boy II, The Spirit, Planet of the Apes are also some of their licensed items.

Hot Toys could have produced a better G.I. Joe line but, at what price? Their new Predator figures will be from $180.00 for the humans to $200.00 for the Predator.

Batman, Ironman and Superman are all, respectively, the movie licenses and not the actual character licenses from DC and Marvel.

Rocky, Rambo and RoboCop are definitely niche market (and that's hard for me to say because my HT RoboCop is by far my favorite 1:6 figure to date), not mass market wants.

I'll give you Predator. Especially with the addition of Dutch's team. But the price may very well keep them out of the average collector's hands as well.

POTC? :huh :lol

I consider Batman, Superman, IM, Rocky, Rambo, POTA, Predator, Robocop and , yes, even POTC
to be "real properties" in response to Khev's comment.

And Bantar, how could I have left out Aliens.:duh 2nd tier? I think not!

Don't bother teemu. Nam is a SS lover boy, and loves to argue his point even when it's blatantly wrong. Again don't bother. I hope Snake Eyes kicks ass for you guys!!

In this instance, he is right though. The point he's trying to make is When ANY company first releases a new product that is a totaly new design, there ARE going to be issues. This is not unique to sideshow, but this would include Medicom ( Dragonball Z 1/6th anyone? ) Hot toys ( Aliens bodies being brittle?) major car manufactured, software designers, etc. It's just how the real world works. Yes, we're paying a premium price, but there is no getting around reality.

However, that is not to say that sideshow could have handled it better. Mailing everyone who purchased indy a gift card, sending out replacement bodies with fixed joints. hell, even a coupon. but they didn't. They do, however, let you return any product, open or otherwise, within, I beleive 30 days for any reason whatsoever, and that includes " I just did not like it" for a full refund.

In this instance, he is right though. The point he's trying to make is When ANY company first releases a new product that is a totaly new design, there ARE going to be issues. This is not unique to sideshow, but this would include Medicom ( Dragonball Z 1/6th anyone? ) Hot toys ( Aliens bodies being brittle?) major car manufactured, software designers, etc. It's just how the real world works. Yes, we're paying a premium price, but there is no getting around reality.

However, that is not to say that sideshow could have handled it better. Mailing everyone who purchased indy a gift card, sending out replacement bodies with fixed joints. hell, even a coupon. but they didn't. They do, however, let you return any product, open or otherwise, within, I beleive 30 days for any reason whatsoever, and that includes " I just did not like it" for a full refund.

Bah, Krayt's a selfricheous Medimoron anyway. He refuses to see any faults from Medicom or HotToys as it is and wouldn't know a good product from Sideshow if you beat him unconscious with it. :lol

:rolleyes:Yeah i never praise SS!

GO check the LOTR section. And the old ben thread and the jedi Luke thread and countless others. Damn what an outright lie and ignorance.

Ya know what NVM i tried to give ya the benefit of the doubt but nope i made a mistake back on iggy.

Josh pt2 but worse. No wonder so many people here dislike you.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the prometheus body had a Penls, I am sure that would be limp too...think Sideshow would improve it after a couple of tries??

If the prometheus body had a Penls, I am sure that would be limp too...think Sideshow would improve it after a couple of tries??
facepalm.jpg

:rolleyes:Yeah i never praise SS!

GO check the LOTR section. And the old ben thread and the jedi Luke thread and countless others. Damn what an outright lie and ignorance.

Ya know what NVM i tried to give ya the benefit of the doubt but nope i made a mistake back on iggy.

Josh pt2 but worse. No wonder so many people here dislike you.

You think I joined this forum for friends?! :rotfl I could care less who "dislikes" or hates me here. The friends I've made here are all honest and considerate, not a bunch of backstabbing, whiners who hate anyone who says something derogatory about their "perfect" little Medicom or HT toys. Besides, how pathetic must your life be that you actually worry what internet people think of you? :google Additionally, you seem to think that calling me "Josh pt2" is somewhat of an insult. While I don't really care what you're inferring, from what I've seen of Josh, he actually speaks his mind and doesn't run around like a spoiled princess with a run in her tights like you do.

And FYI, before you run around pretending to like a companies products, you should take your Aricept. Do you even remember what you post in the LOTR section?:

Uh no! I think every 1/6 LOTR figure besides The Hobbits and GTG are mediocre. Partially cause of the buck or paints apps..

So unless you're trying to prove that you're a hypocrite, I'd say you're full of crap.

I'm sure if you actually had any real grounds for debate other than libel, you'd have better slams. :rolleyes: Because yours haven't improved over several.

This thread is a simple debate...I think by asking for legit opinions about the prometheus body is fair! I am not whining..I am trying to save me some money if these figures are not up to par and getting opinions from other freaks here if the body is worthy or not.
I am excited for this Joe Line and thats not the question...if I am gonna be buying, I want good figures and its my right to want that from this Company (Sideshow)
Its not about bashing Sideshow, its about money spent for flimsy 1/6 action figures

Hey guys, lets not get too crazy here. :) As for my comments about Hot Toys and "2nd tier" properties, I was mostly kidding. I'd definitely consider The Dark Knight and POTC to be top tier franchises. Still not on the level of SW, LOTR, Indy or GI Joe though. But you can't deny that the quality is off the charts. As for the Pro, I'm still cautiously optimistic that we'll all be more than pleased with Snake Eyes.

This thread is a simple debate...I think by asking for legit opinions about the prometheus body is fair! I am not whining..I am trying to save me some money if these figures are not up to par and getting opinions from other freaks here if the body is worthy or not.
I am excited for this Joe Line and thats not the question...if I am gonna be buying, I want good figures and its my right to want that from this Company (Sideshow)
Its not about bashing Sideshow, its about money spent for flimsy 1/6 action figures

So inferring the Pro is a "limp" prick or "the Buck is better" are reasonable comments?! :rotfl You've gotten opinions from other freaks about it. Several that stated it wasn't nearly as bad as what you were making it out to be yet it's like you're trying to convince everyone into taking your side. Most of us understand it's only an initial release and expect, as even Sideshow stated, that it will improve over time. Yet here you are wholly condemning the damn thing over its initial release.

Debating, isn't just about talking, or in this case, reading, it's about presenting your argument and then listening to that of others. Nobody has stated the Pro was perfect. I didn't even state that. But you're failing to listen or in this case read. Again, nobody's denying the Pro has issues. But we're pretty much saying, let's wait and see if the next body has issues before declaring that the sky's falling.

We get what you were saying in the initial post. Hell, we've gotten it through the 8 pages you've been reiterating the same BS over and over and over and over.... If you're that hard up for cash and don't want to waste it on a "loose" Snake Eyes, then STFU, save your money and wait to pick him up until reliable freaks give their reviews on him. It's as simple as that.

My Indy had no loose joints. His head isn't loose either. I just didn't like what the proportions portended for how Prometheus SW figures would look next to Buck SW figures.

So inferring the Pro is a "limp" prick or "the Buck is better" are reasonable comments?! :rotfl You've gotten opinions from other freaks about it. Several that stated it wasn't nearly as bad as what you were making it out to be yet it's like you're trying to convince everyone into taking your side. Most of us understand it's only an initial release and expect, as even Sideshow stated, that it will improve over time. Yet here you are wholly condemning the damn thing over its initial release.

Debating, isn't just about talking, or in this case, reading, it's about presenting your argument and then listening to that of others. Nobody has stated the Pro was perfect. I didn't even state that. But you're failing to listen or in this case read. Again, nobody's denying the Pro has issues. But we're pretty much saying, let's wait and see if the next body has issues before declaring that the sky's falling.

We get what you were saying in the initial post. Hell, we've gotten it through the 8 pages you've been reiterating the same BS over and over and over and over.... If you're that hard up for cash and don't want to waste it on a "loose" Snake Eyes, then STFU, save your money and wait to pick him up until reliable freaks give their reviews on him. It's as simple as that.

Nah, just some of you are just too stupid to understand what I have been asking in the 1st place and turned this into a Sideshow Love Humpfest vs Hot Toys, thats why I have had to somewhat repeat myself as you just dont get it...I never said anything about old "buck" bodies either..now go humpp your 4 Sideshow Indy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back