Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Furyan, I might be buying (3) Silver Centurions. That's how much I love this suit!

I was heavily into the Mark V because it had the silver/red color scheme as the Silver Centurion and thought that would be the closest we would ever get to having one. Now that we're going to get one, I'm gonna take joy in buying one for display at home, one for display at the office, and one to keep sealed MISB.

If you are an Iron Man fan, I would HIGHLY recommend getting the IM3 Art of Iron Man book. Its amazing. I love the story boards, the complete list and pics of all 42 armors, and all the behind the scenes looks at what didn't appear in the movie. I would bet there was footage of WM Mark 2 that was cut, and hopefully will show up on the DVD.

The concept art is awesome.

:exactly: Agreed. I just got my Art of Iron Man 3 book yesterday and now I am searching around for the Art of IM2 book because I want more info on the Mark V.

The only thing I do not like about the Art of IM3 book is that I wish the photos of the Mark suits included actual photographs of the CG footage or production models for each suit. I was fine with all the Mark Suit art being mostly paintings, but it would've been nice to have some sort of more realistic looking art like high resolution CG renditions included.

Furyan, I might be buying (3) Silver Centurions. That's how much I love this suit!

I was heavily into the Mark V because it had the silver/red color scheme as the Silver Centurion and thought that would be the closest we would ever get to having one. Now that we're going to get one, I'm gonna take joy in buying one for display at home, one for display at the office, and one to keep sealed MISB.

It is a nice looking suit, and if it's a plastic MMS at a reasonable price i may get it, but for the crazy prices they want now i doubt, the only suits left that'll i'll pay those prices for are Shotgun and Gemini. And at a push Sneaky, Bones and Nightclub (Black) but only if they get made and Shotgun and Gemini don't.

I have the Avengers MK VII as my red suit and i love it's design so don't feel the need for another red one at the new prices

While I don't have three planned in my budget, I do understand your excitement. This is one of the four IM3 suits that I'm committed to buying.

If you grew up in the 80's and/or read the comic book from issue #200 and on, then this is not "just another red suit." For many of us, the Silver Centurion is iconic pop culture that marked a major change in the Iron Man legacy. Plus, the Silver Centurion is the true Mark VII of the Marvel Universe.

:exactly::exactly: Well said.

:exactly: Agreed. I just got my Art of Iron Man 3 book yesterday and now I am searching around for the Art of IM2 book because I want more info on the Mark V.

The only thing I do not like about the Art of IM3 book is that I wish the photos of the Mark suits included actual photographs of the CG footage or production models for each suit. I was fine with all the Mark Suit art being mostly paintings, but it would've been nice to have some sort of more realistic looking art like high resolution CG renditions included.

As great as ir is, it would be 10 times better if they went into more detail with all the marks.

I wouldn't mind the other art books either. Let us know if you have any luck finding them.

As great as ir is, it would be 10 times better if they went into more detail with all the marks.

I wouldn't mind the other art books either. Let us know if you have any luck finding them.

Mike, this eBay seller has several of The Art of Iron Man 2 for $24.99 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/400484365094

I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one and keep my fingers crossed its in good condition. The cheapest 3rd party seller on Amazon for a new book is $70.00 + shipping. :(

Yep :exactly: or Gemini, Sneaky etc. just don't fancy anymore red suits and don't like Igor so not a lot interests me so far. Got Tony and the MK42 p/o'd tho.
Effin yeah :rock

The one thing that's been bothering me about this movie plothole-wise that I cannot come up with an answer to....

Rhodey succumbs to an extremis chick just grabbing his arm, then his armor "shuts down" all the way until the armor gets too hot... but the Mark 42 is seen grappling with Savin.... soooo why was Rhodey not able to blast that chick away or ever even think about escaping?
He's too dumb to use the repulsors. He didn't even use them in IM2 except when Tony called for it. Heck, Savin puts them to use them in IM3 when he's in the IP suit. :slap

This is how.
Thanks for posting this. Even I didn't know

MrClean08: Baller status confirmed:horror!

You know,Im right there with you man. Silver Centurion is my ultimate fav of all these HT Ironmen. If I could budget 3 in there I would fo sho! This suit is the one Ive always wanted,and like you said earlier this is the definative comicbook IM suit. Gimme this and an new MK III and Im gravy:drool

The one thing that's been bothering me about this movie plothole-wise that I cannot come up with an answer to....

Rhodey succumbs to an extremis chick just grabbing his arm, then his armor "shuts down" all the way until the armor gets too hot... but the Mark 42 is seen grappling with Savin.... soooo why was Rhodey not able to blast that chick away or ever even think about escaping?

The only explanation I have is that because AIM did the Iron Patriot rebrand, they would of had access to Rhodey's operating system and could of set up a virus where his suit shuts down when he came into contact with an Extremis heat signature. He could have been trapped and unable to escape until the shell was being compromised and he was forcibly ejected. Tony would have been able to fight Savin because AIM never had access to the 42 and wouldn't have been able to add this virus. The scene is kind of weird and you have to sort of come up with something on your own. That is the best I've got :dunno

The only explanation I have is that because AIM did the Iron Patriot rebrand, they would of had access to Rhodey's operating system and could of set up a virus where his suit shuts down when he came into contact with an Extremis heat signature. He could have been trapped and unable to escape until the shell was being compromised and he was forcibly ejected. Tony would have been able to fight Savin because AIM never had access to the 42 and wouldn't have been able to add this virus. The scene is kind of weird and you have to sort of come up with something on your own. That is the best I've got :dunno

THIS :lecture

I was about to mention that :lol you don't have to come up with something on your own.. Tony asks Rhodey if AIM changed something in his armor when he is driving in Tenessee.

This is one of the things that make me love this movie, there are no plotholes at all... you really have to be fast and see every little scene I had no problem but it seems like most people missed a couple of details :rotfl

Last edited:
:rotfl .... Well I was trying to be nice. But yeah, the answers to a lot of people's questions are answered either directly or strongly implied in the film itself. I've read a couple of articles now talking about plot holes and some of them I end up wondering if they even watched the movie.:cuckoo:

:rotfl .... Well I was trying to be nice. But yeah, the answers to a lot of people's questions are answered either directly or strongly implied in the film itself. I've read a couple of articles now talking about plot holes and some of them I end up wondering if they even watched the movie.:cuckoo:

Really?!? :slap :lol:rotfl that might be proof that Iron Man 3 is not a movie for dumb people, missing a detail is something.. it happens especially with a fast movie like this one, but writing an article about a non existing plothole is beyond retarded :lol

I don't know if I will change my mind later but the Iron Patriot is the only armor I plan on getting after seing the movie. The lack of screen time and lack of well lighted shots of those other armors made me lose interest in them. Never liked the banana colored mark 42 and since it was so weak in the movie I still have no interest in it.

I could still end up breaking down after seeing the in hand pictures of the HT figures

THIS :lecture

I was about to mention that :lol you don't have to come up with something on your own.. Tony asks Rhodey if AIM changed something in his armor when he is driving in Tenessee.

This is one of the things that make me love this movie, there are no plotholes at all... you really have to be fast and see every little scene I had no problem but it seems like most people missed a couple of details :rotfl

Every movie has plotholes none are flawless

Back