Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyh84

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok I dont know if this thread will sink or swim but the idea of it is to discuss the film and how it relates to our purchases without fear of spoiling anything for those who haven't seen the film yet.

I wont post my thoughts in this post so if you're reading this and you haven't seen the film yet and dont want anything spoiled then get out now and dont come back until you've seen the film!!

For those of you still here the floor is yours.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ironman 3 Spoiler Discussion

What's wrong with the movie section? This is the MARVEL collectibles section

mystiqueibtl.gif

Last edited:

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I know all the major spoilers and I don't care about being spoiled, so my question is, I pre-ordered the Mark XLII and the Iron Patriot but I'm starting to think I should wait more for a Diecast version of a WM and a Mark III/IV/VI/VII (I like the classic red and gold). For those who have already seen the movie, is the Mark XLII bad *** enough to be a must have? It would be my first IM armor btw

For those who have already seen the movie, is the Mark XLII bad *** enough to be a must have? It would be my first IM armor btw

Not imo no.

It's basically the only armour he uses in the film and it probably see's way more action than any of the previous suits (1 through 7) but to me at least even that doesn't make it a must get especially if you dont own any Ironman figures already

If I were you I'd definitely try and pick up a mrk IV or VI or wait and see if they re-do the mrk III :)

What's wrong with the movie section? This is the MARVEL collectibles section

And this thread is to discuss which collectibles from the film people will buy without potentially posting spoilers

No it isn't because that would be posting in a thread which could potentially spoil the film for others, it's already been clearly pointed out that if you're subscribed to a thread then the spoiler tags are redundant in the emails members receive

Listen Nova dont go all forum police on me, especially when you created an IM3 thread of your own despite *****ing previously about others doing so it's hypocrisy at it's finest :lecture

Scrolled to the bottom so I don't have to reach spoilers, but post this kinda crap in the movie discussion area INSTEAD of the COLLECTIBLES thread!!!

This isn't Vietnam! There are rules!!!

While I don't personally see this thread as being NEEDED, seeing as the movie is only a week away, I don't understand everyone saying this doesn't belong here when infact it's in the right place.

He's stating that this is for those who want to talk about the movie and reflect that onto their thoughts about the figures coming out for IM3.

I already got spoiled for the "twist" so I understand why people are eager to talk about it and I'm curious on people's thoughts about the Manderin figure after having watched the movie.

Stop coming in here and saying it's in

Nova doesn't like people creating Ironman threads (although it's ok for him to do it) and TotalDominAsian obviously saw the title didn't read any of the OP and decided to make himself look foolish, I wouldn't worry about either (I know I'm not) :)

It is nice to have a place where you can discuss your opinion on a figure without gear of people accidentally finding out details before they see the movie.

I'm very unsure on the Mandarin, he looks fantastic.
and i'm not sure if any other villain figures from IM3 would have the same shelf presence.

keen to see what it comes with

the biggest killer really comes from the lack of the other armours in the movie.

the designs are fantastic, but their screen time was realllllllllllllly limited.

What do you guys think about buying an Iron Patriot figure/statue after seeing the movie? I was pretty hyped to see it in battle alongside Iron Man (or alone) but since we never got any of that.. I'm thinking it's not that important as I thought it would be. War Machine 2.0 was completely absent as well.. did I miss it in the few minutes where the other armors had only seconds of screen time each? I was kinda expecting Tony to say to Rhodey, "there's my boys, and I have a present for you Rhodey..." in comes War Machine 2.0...

Mark 42 took mostly a beating.. never really kicked ***.. which was a huge disappointment for me. It was cool how it could part by part just fly right onto Tony attaching itself on him but that was pretty much it.. and the cool design of it of course. It didn't have flight capability during the home attack.... energy lost power pretty quick.. he had to charge it on a boat.. it broke several times... boy, it felt like a mess! :lol

But I'm still gonna buy the Mark 42, love the design.

I'm very unsure on the Mandarin, he looks fantastic.

My opinion on the Madarin is this; as a figure I'm sure he'll look great the only question is whether or not you in your own mind can get past the plot twist or not (some though may not even think of the plot twist as a factor)

So far I'm undecided and it really will depend on how good he looks as a figure when the full reveal happens

Last edited:

That's why I think I will still get it too and wait for a more classic diecast version in the future! The design is pretty bad *** and unique

I'm gonna go for the Hot Toys diecast version and if available in my continent.. the Play Imaginative 1/4th scale version.

8659813699_1efe2b88d0_b.jpg

o3Oi2Kq.jpg

So awesome!! :panic:

I'm gonna go for the Hot Toys diecast version and if available in my continent.. the Play Imaginative 1/4th scale version.

8659813699_1efe2b88d0_b.jpg

o3Oi2Kq.jpg

So awesome!! :panic:

I thought the HS from play imaginative for Tony Stark better than the Tony from HT. The HT Tony HS is way too rounded. I'm getting him, but it's not 100% imo.

What do you guys think about buying an Iron Patriot figure/statue after seeing the movie? I was pretty hyped to see it in battle alongside Iron Man (or alone) but since we never got any of that.. I'm thinking it's not that important as I thought it would be. War Machine 2.0 was completely absent as well.. did I miss it in the few minutes where the other armors had only seconds of screen time each? I was kinda expecting Tony to say to Rhodey, "there's my boys, and I have a present for you Rhodey..." in comes War Machine 2.0...

This is one of things I wanted to discuss most, firstly no you're not wrong War Machine didn't feature AT ALL, I even thought that it might be part of the end credits scene when it was obvious it wasn't part of the actual film but no nothing whatsoever :dunno

As for IP I didn't love the look of the figure before hand and the film has just convinced me that I dont need it, it certainly plays just as big a role in the film as the mrk 42 but nah not for me

Basically at this point the only figure I'm sure to get is the MMS191 which is good for the bank balance but somewhat sad considering the amount that Hot Toys are going to bring out from this license :(

I thought the HS from play imaginative for Tony Stark better than the Tony from HT. The HT Tony HS is way too rounded. I'm getting him, but it's not 100% imo.

Yeah, PI pretty much nailed it, but I think Hot Toys did their best Tony Stark likeness yet with the Mark 42. I love that headsculpt.

I so wanted this one as well, but now I don't know...

35025_10152738783185648_1881936367_n.jpg

Yeah, PI pretty much nailed it, but I think Hot Toys did their best Tony Stark likeness yet with the Mark 42. I love that headsculpt.

I totally agree! The other factor that made me PO him. That's a great HS! I wish HT would review their Tony Stark HS again, it's just not right...

This is one of things I wanted to discuss most, firstly no you're not wrong War Machine didn't feature AT ALL, I even thought that it might be part of the end credits scene when it was obvious it wasn't part of the actual film but no nothing whatsoever :dunno

Totally weird... I was expecting all kinds of things.. Deep Space suit, Tony flying to space and ****.. but it didn't happen. :lol

As for IP I didn't love the look of the figure before hand and the film has just convinced me that I dont need it, it certainly plays just as big a role in the film as the mrk 42 but nah not for me

I liked the design actually, at first impression from the behind the scenes pictures I thought it was a joke but then came the trailers it looked pretty nice in my eyes. I still love the HT and PI Iron Patriot figures but I don't know if I can't justify spending that kind of money on them considering it did nothing in the movie besides being used by the enemy to hijack the president...

Basically at this point the only figure I'm sure to get is the MMS191 which is good for the bank balance but somewhat sad considering the amount that Hot Toys are going to bring out from this license :(

Yeah it's really sad the amount they are putting out, they must be pretty disappointed by the movie now realizing that the different armors was not that important at all except for the end fight but I mean that you didn't see any individual value or importance to them... at least I didn't.

Back