Ironman 3 Spoiler/Figures Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other suits are also mobile as well though? granted that the size might be bigger, but thats debatable depending on which marks we are talking bout.

I believe there was one other suit was shown to be of modular parts as well ... dissemble to like 3 parts and re-assemble, but this was done without Tony... so a pre-prototype to Mk. 42 probably ...

Having just seen the movie, I'm prepared to see that a large number of the suit variants will be shelf warmers, as will Mandarin.

I liked the twist, but doesn't mean much for a figure.

I just add a 'figure' to the title so that its more appropriate here.

Good thread though, as the whole time I was watching, I was thinking on which HT figure they'll likely make and I'll most likely buy :lol

Question of the day here, guys - So whats the main difference of mark 42 compared to the previous armors, asides of being super fragile and getting broken down all the time?

I mean at least each of the mark upgrades usually meant more stuffs being added, or weapons.

At this point, Tony have already set all of his suits to be controlled by jarvis upon command, and also dissect and transform again automatically just like the mark 42s.

I agree with you. now after I've seen again the pre-order for iron man mark 42 diecast by play imaginative. they said that will be Articulated flaps and weapons systems on suit.
maybe they only included the old wrist laser weapon on mark 6 & 7? because I didn't see any weapon from mark 42 except the repulsor beam from the palm and the chest:cuckoo:

I would like to see the faces of those who pre ordered red snapper when they see the part where Tony says "heartbreaker help out red snapper" and Red snapper just gets torn up lol

Yeah me too... when Rhodey's all like... wheres mine? And Tony basically flips him off... i was like awwwwwwwwwwwww...............

Iron Patriot sucked in the movie. The 10 minutes of screen time of War Machine in IM2 was much cooler.
I dont care if its just regular bullets, WARMACHINE ROCKX

Well.. .Manderin is passable in my books unless its cheap (which probably won't be), but a battle mode Pepper... now i could get into that.
My thoughts exactly and the sole reason that I love IM2. Although he used his palm repulsor just once, the continuous firing from his twin machine guns and the mini-gun was plain badassery! It's really disappointing that IP isn't involved in much action in IM3.

Imagine Tony overriding the PA system with AC/DC during the house party. :rock
Quite much like he overrides the comm during his entry in Avengers. I love that scene. Do we get to see that kinda Stark in IM3?

Shame that the only thing left of previous movies was Dummy....

I hope Joss Whedon is more mentally capable than using Extremis extruding out from the Bones/skin for Armor for Avengers 2. As with Extremis bomb/heat... to put it mildly, "dumb".
If all the people who've watched the movie are to be believed, I don't know what made Whedon say this :dunno

I just add a 'figure' to the title so that its more appropriate here.

Good thread though, as the whole time I was watching, I was thinking on which HT figure they'll likely make and I'll most likely buy :lol

Question of the day here, guys - So whats the main difference of mark 42 compared to the previous armors, asides of being super fragile and getting broken down all the time?

I mean at least each of the mark upgrades usually meant more stuffs being added, or weapons.

At this point, Tony have already set all of his suits to be controlled by jarvis upon command, and also dissect and transform again automatically just like the mark 42s.

I just don't get it. If all the other armors were just unmanned ones controlled by Jarvis, how did they get ripped so easily as everyone's saying?

Last edited:
I just don't get it. If all the other armors were just unmanned ones controlled by Jarvis, how did they get ripped so easily as everyone's saying?

They actually account for themselves quite well, but the Extremis soldiers are tough bastiches.

They showed him working on modular pieces but I found it odd they just decided that suits were like a car he could step into and out of anytime he chose to with no effort.
Even in Avengers we saw he still needed a gantry of some type to help him.

Also found it interesting just from a 'toy sales' perspective that the main suit of the film (golden mk.42) was more of an incompetent comic prop than a real suit. I was wondering as I was watching how many people are going to want to pay $300+ for a diecast 1/6 version ....or $700+ for that 1/4 diecast one...

In Avengers, the Mark VI is removed with a Gantry, the Mark VII deploys with help from the bracelets, no gantry required and provided entry/exit similar to that shown in IM3.

I found it odd that he was still using the Mark VII at all, he's built 42 suits, and the 7 is still the best day to day suit??

In Avengers, the Mark VI is removed with a Gantry, the Mark VII deploys with help from the bracelets, no gantry required and provided entry/exit similar to that shown in IM3.

I found it odd that he was still using the Mark VII at all, he's built 42 suits, and the 7 is still the best day to day suit??

The other suit was kinda specifc, for example igor was too big, and red snapper have a huge pair of arms, and the deep suit space thing I guess are build for travelling into space/out of earth atmosphere.

Plus I think he didnt wanna spoil it for us. :lol

So is getting hit by the bus? :lol

I just put that down to comics logic. :D

Best not to think too deeply about these things, otherwise we'd realise the sudden acceleration/decelerations Tony is subject to inside the suit would reduce him to squishy red toothpaste....

Re: Ironman 3 Spoiler Discussion

Anyone else think that Hot Toys might have issues moving all of their different armor types after customers see the movie?

I think they may need to change strategies and price point pretty quickly to get them to sell.

I think there are going to be a LOT of Iron Man 3 clearance sales right across the internet in 2 years time.

Re: Ironman 3 Spoiler Discussion

I think there are going to be a LOT of Iron Man 3 clearance sales right across the internet in 2 years time.

Hmm... I think you may be right. :lol

But I think HT is cutting the amount of POs now, just like what Bandai did, so it might not flood the market. Take a look at DX Joker and Batman, that almost sold out the moment it reaches instock status.

I agree with you. now after I've seen again the pre-order for iron man mark 42 diecast by play imaginative. they said that will be Articulated flaps and weapons systems on suit.
maybe they only included the old wrist laser weapon on mark 6 & 7? because I didn't see any weapon from mark 42 except the repulsor beam from the palm and the chest:cuckoo:

Mk. 42 has non-functioning missiles... used against one helicopter non conventional style.

Tony did not put on Mk. 7 in IM3 (Mk. 7 was only in the Avengers flash-back)

Mark VII - I'm gonna go watch it again later in a couple of hours as I have a date with the missus, I'll try to take some pics if I remember. :lol

Back