Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found on Instagram.

JeywqN5.jpg

Iron is definitely the worst there. Sideshow maybe the best? Can't tell really cause the HT ones are much closer then the other two which is a bit unfair. Also that's just the proto, as we all know Sideshow hardly ever delivers proto quality, the life size was definitely a massive step down :|

I do, I've been disappointed with their SW 1/4th efforts since then, doubly so since their Vader is by far the best Vader out there but Yoda was disappointing :| Currently the HT is the best licensed effort so far for me. There is an amazing custom kit but unfortunately I can't get one :(

Too true :(

The only glaring contrast from the others on Grogu is the color saturation. Compared to the other pics the IS Grogu just looks like he has more makeup and there seems to be a gloss/sheen overall. That said I think it all adds to the realism if not the accuracy. Heck, I'll go as far as saying it looks like the best option in those pics. The HT clearly looks like plastic and the SS Grogu looks more like an old man than a child. Regardless, they would have had to completely drop the ball on Grogu for me to pass on Mando. To me that clearly didn't happen.

The only glaring contrast from the others on Grogu is the color saturation. Compared to the other pics the IS Grogu just looks like he has more makeup and there seems to be a gloss/sheen overall. That said I think it all adds to the realism if not the accuracy. Heck, I'll go as far as saying it looks like the best option in those pics. The HT clearly looks like plastic and the SS Grogu looks more like an old man than a child. Regardless, they would have had to completely drop the ball on Grogu for me to pass on Mando. To me that clearly didn't happen.

I was gonna say the Child doesn't have double bags under his eyes, but yeah he does...

Grogu_opt.jpg

And I dunno how many versions of the puppet there are - thought there was only one multi-million dollar hero puppet - but they also blend in CGI - so the ears do have a wide base:

Grogu2.jpg

At least the few times I've talked to IS - they take, or at least at the time, took, tremendous pride in "working with actual files from the films" (Marvel's Civil War at the time).

To me, while the HT Grogu looks cute, compared to the real thing seems like he's been smoothed over. Which may or may not be what we see watching the show, as our eyes probably blend some details. What we see in poly is right there in 3D from IS.

Not saying IS can't trip up - it was surprising that the helmet needed tweaking. But IMO their ability to sculpt and do textures is outstanding. Based on past happiness, for the most part - especially with the CW 1/4, I'm willing to jump in. Love the clean, iconic design of this piece. TBH think the Sideshow Child is scary.:horror

Unless one uses reward points I imagine there won't be any savings due to Sideshow's shipping rates.

Massive savings for those that don't live in The States and don't get "free" shipping.

Last edited:
Free shipping for international customers?

Edited - meant to say don't get free shipping.

So for international customers, you'd pay 850, plus shipping (which is already 100 over Iron Studios MSRP), and get screwed.

People are justifying the extra 100, saying that that's what they expected for shipping with The States. Again, all good and well for local, not so great for international.

Edited - meant to say don't get free shipping.

So for international customers, you'd pay 850, plus shipping (which is already 100 over Iron Studios MSRP), and get screwed.

People are justifying the extra 100, saying that that's what they expected for shipping with The States. Again, all good and well for local, not so great for international.

Oh ok. Well wouldn't the international shipping rate from SS negate the $100 difference? I've heard of shipping rates in the $200 to $300 range. Again, with significant reward points it should prove beneficial to order from SS. I guess every little bit helps for the international customers.

Oh ok. Well wouldn't the international shipping rate from SS negate the $100 difference? I've heard of shipping rates in the $200 to $300 range. Again, with significant reward points it should prove beneficial to order from SS. I guess every little bit helps for the international customers.

Not sure, just hoping they have it at the MSRP.

Last edited:
Don?t they have their own Mando P.F. to sell that looks very similar to this?

Has SSC ever put up a rival statue for PO at the same time as something they?re releasing?

Vader. I'm pretty sure they had that premium format opera singing Vader up at the same time as the IS. Or maybe it was their Rogue One Vader.

Back