Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know wtf to do now? No idea if I still have one secured through collectorzown. I'm inching toward ordering another with Spec...:gah:

hahah I'm so nervous and I wanted to use my points via Sideshow but I'm confident that Spec will get these in.

Getting deja vu. Same **** happened with Vader. IS Vader shows off their sculpt at the same time SS does. At first it looks like IS Vader will be available in the US then it suddenly isn't. Later SS announces IS Vader is available exclusively through them.
SSC had it for a while at least - I got mine through them.

IS video posted today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sehF56Z1DuA

Grogu looks pretty good there...

Looks exactly as he does in the pics to me. Which in my case is not a good thing.

Gave up on SSC and ordered it from Popcultcha.

I've got no idea what is happening with this piece, but I can honestly say I've never seen such a bizarre roll-out.

(Sugo Toys have it as well).

hahah I'm so nervous and I wanted to use my points via Sideshow but I'm confident that Spec will get these in.

I caved in and ordered from Spec too. If I end up with a couple of them so be it. I'm not missing this, I just don't care for the other two choices. I don't think I will have trouble unloading in the future, especially if this stays a relatively limited exclusive.

Getting deja vu. Same **** happened with Vader. IS Vader shows off their sculpt at the same time SS does. At first it looks like IS Vader will be available in the US then it suddenly isn't. Later SS announces IS Vader is available exclusively through them.

I figured since then that IS and SS would have an ongoing agreement with relation to the Star Wars franchise. Last I checked SS has an exclusive license to 1/4 scale Star Wars statues. So I was surprised to see IS Mando appear in places like BBTS but not SS. Not surprised to see where the situation is going now. Hopefully IS and SS can come to an agreement once more. Cuz Sideshow is out of their minds if they think someone like me is going to settle for their product simply because they cockblocked Iron Studios.

:lol:lol:lol

Besides, as Thanos and some of the Court of the Dead pieces show, and others - Sideshow can do stellar work when the want to. If they had done a Mythos Mando - maybe that classic shot of Mando reaching into the cradle, or something dramatic with switchouts like the Obiwan or Boba Mythos, I'd be all over it. Look at the Asaj piece.

To me both the Cara, Moff, and Mando pieces look like they were churned out fast; not a lot of thought or details - or care about the portraits either.

what a disappointment, I usually buy from SSC, but this time I'll have to find a dealer here in Italy.

Yeah, the whole thing is a bit weird.

Especially with Sideshow putting up the IS Black Widow last night. If you're interested in this, I wouldn't take any chances and pre-order as soon as possible.

Especially with Sideshow putting up the IS Black Widow last night. If you're interested in this, I wouldn't take any chances and pre-order as soon as possible.

Yeah, well, I bit the bullet and PO'd from Popcultcha. Costing me for shipping, but I've had good luck with Popcultcha in the past (a perfect CW Falcon for one thing) and figure they get stuff in, if anyone does.

Just didn't wanna sign up with another vendor that I don't usually use...but thanks a lot, SSC!:mad::pfft: The funny part is Popcultcha is offering the Sideshow piece too.:pfft:

Wanted to use RPs; + am paying a premium (of sorts). But this piece IMO is pretty well iconic/classic for the character. Luv it. So didn't want to take the chance of not getting it; IS never has huge production runs of 1/4. Then the aftermarket cost is insane.:horror

Yeah, the shame is that if Sideshow had stuck to their model of mixed media premium format figures, they would have a much more viable product to compete against Iron Studios fully sculpted statue.

Yeah ordered mine from Popcultcha too. I had some pennies saved so got 10% off! Asset aquired.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well, this isn't good.
I'll have to consider the Hot Toys version now.

If Sideshow's 1/4 offering is the only choice left, I guess I'm not displaying a 1/4 Mando.

Well, this isn't good.
I'll have to consider the Hot Toys version now.

If Sideshow's 1/4 offering is the only choice left, I guess I'm not displaying a 1/4 Mando.

Can still order from Specfic or Popcultcha if you want it badly enough.

over at statueform they're saying that Iron Studios won't even carry it

I have no idea what is going on here lol

over at statueform they're saying that Iron Studios won't even carry it

I have no idea what is going on here lol

Pure guess but based on some IS vid that I can't find - the artists were talking - it looked like someone was working on an IG design. Maybe IS is gonna put out more Mando stuff and who sells and ships merchandise is gonna get divided up.:dunno

I can see where Sideshow didn't want the competition:lol

But still think it's a stupid decision.:pfft:

Pure guess but based on some IS vid that I can't find - the artists were talking - it looked like someone was working on an IG design. Maybe IS is gonna put out more Mando stuff and who sells and ships merchandise is gonna get divided up.:dunno

I can see where Sideshow didn't want the competition:lol

But still think it's a stupid decision.:pfft:

If Sideshow made a competitive product they wouldn't have to pull **** like this.

You know they saw the IS statue, realized it is better and threw a fit to protect their inferior work.

Back