Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repose still love this guy
9bbc964a077f22d09a2459b79d8f1f52.jpg

still a fan of mine.

I had my figurine when it was released in December in HK.

the size was scuffed and I had requested a replacement by my dealer (Toyswonderland) which he did by sending me a new copy.

https://www.instagram.com/ironredsfigures/

Last edited:
Mine was scuffed also but i would still kept it even if i didn't get a replacement body. It wasn't noticeable from a normal viewing distance so i could have lived with it.

Well, as long as you can live with it and it doesn't set off your OCD then that's all that matters. :lol

So anyone ordered from Popcultcha (Australia) before?

I received my Midas 2 weeks back and the hips area have bad scuffs, sent an email to Popcultcha and I still have not received any replies from them.

I have ordered from them a few times but never had to deal with customer service. I heard they are very slow to respond to emails.

I received my Midas 2 weeks back and the hips area have bad scuffs, sent an email to Popcultcha and I still have not received any replies from them.

I've only ordered from them once. They were very quick to reply when I had an issue regarding billing (I guess when it comes to them getting their money they are quick to respond :lol).

However when I had a QC issue that needed addressing, I believe they took about 1-2 weeks to reply and that was only after I followed up again. HOWEVER when they did reply back they took care of me. So I guess maybe do a follow up email at some point again.

Overall I was very happy with my experience with them!

I've ordered a lot from Popcultcha. No issues.

The one time I had a QC issue with a figure, it took a while to get a response, then get the replacement part but they took care of me.

Communication from them is especially slow from them right now on all fronts because of the pandemic, though. It has been taking a while for people to get replies.

Thanks, I did a follow up email a few days ago. Hopefully I get a reply... Otherwise I will have to ask again.

I understand it's due to pandemic and stuff so I guess I will just wait a bit and see.

With Popcultcha, you're best off just calling them. Bit of a hassle internationally, but I picked up some skype credit some 6 years ago to call BCS and it still hasn't run out. But the two times I've called PC, they've sorted me out in minutes.

Looks like I need to touch up on the gold paint on the hip myself, is there anyone who did similar re-painting works? Mind pointing me the correct color so I don't have to trial and error all the available gold paints on a spoon?

Even with the scuffs. It's still the prettiest suit hands down.
The gold just takes it next level

Mine arrived yesterday and it had scuffs at the usual suspected areas. Notified sideshow and sending it back for a replacement. I get a feeling I will be doing so a few more times as indicated by other individuals who mentioned they had to return theirs 2-3 times before getting a clean one. But I get a feeling I’ll get something more worst and damaged out of spite of the return. Happened when I returned my MarkVII then they sent me one with dented box, non working light, then finally just gave up asking for a replacement.

Yep got my replacement and crotch was immaculate but deep scratches on back flaps and on both thighs and calves.

I still really want this and have $200 in rewards points I’d like to use but so damn worried about the paint issue, and more worrisome is now that this is being offered with free shipping from Sideshow, I wouldn’t be surprised if I get a returned one.

After a 4th return I had sideshow inspect it before shipping it to me. It arrived mint. Only problem is that I had paid for the double boxing but they ended up shipping it without. Can't complain they just reimbursed me and I'm happy with a mint figure. A little disappointed in them during the 3rd try where customer service indicated the pictures i sent were normal. This was the email they sent me:

"Please know that after comparing your photos to our in-house sample and a few stock pieces, we have found that your request regarding the scuffs appears to be a common variation, as all the collectibles I examined looked similar to your current item in this regard."

WTF I didn't ask for a weathered version neither was it listed. If all of the were common in all their stock pieces then why did I get a mint one after I had them inspect it before sending it to me. Seriously I don't blame them, but please don't give me the BS. I'm glad that its over with.

After a 4th return I had sideshow inspect it before shipping it to me. It arrived mint. Only problem is that I had paid for the double boxing but they ended up shipping it without. Can't complain they just reimbursed me and I'm happy with a mint figure. A little disappointed in them during the 3rd try where customer service indicated the pictures i sent were normal. This was the email they sent me:

"Please know that after comparing your photos to our in-house sample and a few stock pieces, we have found that your request regarding the scuffs appears to be a common variation, as all the collectibles I examined looked similar to your current item in this regard."

WTF I didn't ask for a weathered version neither was it listed. If all of the were common in all their stock pieces then why did I get a mint one after I had them inspect it before sending it to me. Seriously I don't blame them, but please don't give me the BS. I'm glad that its over with.
That's incredible that SS allowed you up to 4 returns?! I feel like they would have cut you off after the 2nd or 3rd attempt. Anyways I don't blame you because I probably would have done the same thing (but I would have internally felt bad for asking so many times! So more power to ya lol). Yeah, I get that these figures are mass produced, but at these price points they should not be arriving with these type of defects/imperfections.

Also, this figure must not be selling well if SS is promoting it with free shipping now... (must be all the figs that got returned due to paint complaint).

I would have gotten this, but essentially all the reviews complain about the paint scuffs...just not worth the hassle for me. And at this point I doubt I would receive a truly "brand-new" one that wasn't actually a return.

As long as you have pictures I don’t see why they would refuse if there’s proof and I just wanted an exact figure. Someone else had the same experience and had returned it 3-4 times. I just followed heed considering the price for this figure.

Back