Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, in the MCU they never fully clarified his USAF status. I believe we are supposed to infer that after his CW injury in the Mk. III, he retired from active duty hence the Mk. IV showing RET (retired) suffix. As we saw when Cap and his “rebels” brought Vision back to the Avengers compound in IW, it was obvious that Rhodey was manning the fort and pissed off Secretary T. Ross when he ignored the order to arrest everyone. I’m only guessing that the RET suffix was dropped had to do with the BLIP leaving it imperative to keep Rhodey in as USAF while working with whoever was left of the Avengers who must have been pardoned. In the comics, he does achieve full bird Colonel rank but never officially higher USAF rank. But that’s just my take on it as those 5 years have a number of gaps to be filled in.

EDIT: Sorry, I just noticed that I barely addressed your actual question based on my prediction for Armor Wars. As for what’s known right now for the series, well nearly nothing outside of the comic run. But I would assume that aside from unsavory factions, straight up villains and the ilk, the DoD of the US government will most likely be one of the factions trying to steal and control Stark Tech. I just can’t imagine that Rhodey will be able to do everything possible to keep Tony’s wishes that no government should control the armor tech without being at first threatened with USAF (or whatever official title/rank) he holds to eventually just going full on order disobedience. Again, that’s just my take from what could be gleamed from the comic run. I do hope that Paltrow gets some suit time as I don’t hate her as Pepper and she would undoubtedly want to protect the legacy.

You have background info that I don't as I never read the comics. I agree they left Rhodey's status as vague throughout the finale. I took his injury from Civil War as the cause for his "official" retirement, hence the RET on the Mk IV, but was considered an active military retirement only as he was still acting as a "liason" between Govt. and Avengers due to the Sokovia Accords and his access to the War Machine suit. Makes sense that after the snap he would be reinstated to full active duty (despite career ending injury) to help maintain the peace. Technically speaking, I think the only thing his brief retirement changed was his ability to give commands to other military. Nothing else seemed to change for him. He still answered to Ross (albeit appropriately rudely) in either a military or Avenger/Accords fashion, and he was still in control of the War Machine suit. I think that the only difference we the audience saw in his status was a little extra white painted letters on one suit. :D
I also agree that he is VERY protective of Tony's tech. Remember in Iron Man II, that even though he stole the Mk II, (we know Tony let him) he took the Arc Reactor with him while Hammer modified the suit, thereby denying anyone access to the power of Stark's tech. Just like the Yellowjacket suit, what good is the suit without the fuel?

You have background info that I don't as I never read the comics. I agree they left Rhodey's status as vague throughout the finale. I took his injury from Civil War as the cause for his "official" retirement, hence the RET on the Mk IV, but was considered an active military retirement only as he was still acting as a "liason" between Govt. and Avengers due to the Sokovia Accords and his access to the War Machine suit. Makes sense that after the snap he would be reinstated to full active duty (despite career ending injury) to help maintain the peace. Technically speaking, I think the only thing his brief retirement changed was his ability to give commands to other military. Nothing else seemed to change for him. He still answered to Ross (albeit appropriately rudely) in either a military or Avenger/Accords fashion, and he was still in control of the War Machine suit. I think that the only difference we the audience saw in his status was a little extra white painted letters on one suit. :D
I also agree that he is VERY protective of Tony's tech. Remember in Iron Man II, that even though he stole the Mk II, (we know Tony let him) he took the Arc Reactor with him while Hammer modified the suit, thereby denying anyone access to the power of Stark's tech. Just like the Yellowjacket suit, what good is the suit without the fuel?

YES, now I’m loving how you totally get it! It’s great how a small seemingly insignificant scene in regards to the larger overall Infinity Saga like hiding the Arc Reactor can totally help setup some vital background for Armor Wars! Thank you for your insight.

just received MMS586-D36 Iron Man MARKXXI and MMS499-D26 War Machine MARKIV so pretty much out of the box on these..
MIdas is such a beautiful Figure.
had to do these inside, raining here so light really affects both of these.And a wimpy older camera does not help.
this will look totally different in natural light.

Attachments

• IMG_5521.JPG
    IMG_5521.JPG
    363.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_5534.JPG
    IMG_5534.JPG
    678.7 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5548.JPG
    IMG_5548.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_5550.JPG
    IMG_5550.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_5542.JPG
    IMG_5542.JPG
    459.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_5544.JPG
    IMG_5544.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_5547.JPG
    IMG_5547.JPG
    391.3 KB · Views: 267
Small rub marks on the hip area of mine, Sent SS an email yesterday and today they said they are sending me a new body. Can't get customer service much better than that.

Small rub marks on the hip area of mine, Sent SS an email yesterday and today they said they are sending me a new body. Can't get customer service much better than that.

Did they require you to send back or destroy the original body though?

Hip Defect.jpeg

Have some scuff marks here at the hip. Rest of the body has minor stuff I can look over. Is this normal weathering?
Do you guys have this?
I am going to reach out to sideshow.

View attachment 508544

Have some scuff marks here at the hip. Rest of the body has minor stuff I can look over. Is this normal weathering?
Do you guys have this?
I am going to reach out to sideshow.

This isn't normal. This has been reported by others too unfortunately. QC job on HT is pitiful. This seems to be a prevalent issue.

I also have a bad issue with chipping on mine. I’ll have some pictures where you can see where the paint is chipped off. I got in touch with sideshow and my options were return it for a replacement or a $50 credit. I figured with all the other people saying how this is common the $50 credit was my best option. Luckily from a distance you cannot see the chips but I know they’re there so it kind of bugs me. Really sucks when I figure that causes amount that the quality control was this bad.
24175A23-C0BE-43D3-8408-EB0F378919F0.jpgE3C4BD3C-F10C-4628-B7B2-FB1562040DE4.jpgEBFF88C0-B9E4-492D-AB21-4B9825BB43AE.jpg

izt_is and Megagalvatron1.Those rub spots scratches and chip should not be there.I would return it for a replacement instead of accepting a credit unless you are really ok with it as it is.If the next one they send you is bad return that and just get your money back.Use the more than $400 on another Figure.

Last edited:
this midas is really ****** waste of time. i am waiting for replacement too. in fact, my recent CA46, mark 7, midas all had issues.....really wonder how is QC at factory doing for high end collectibles. not sideshow's fault btw

Yeesh, seeing all these paint issues I think I've officially lost interest in this figure.

izt_is and Megagalvatron1.Those rub spots scratches and chip should not be there.I would return it for a replacement instead of accepting a credit unless you are really ok with it as it is.If the next one they send you is bad return that and just get your money back.Use the more than $400 on another Figure.

Yeah I do feel this really sucks. The bad part is I used $200 worth of reward points for it. I will not get reimbursed for that if I take my money back. I also used a $25 off coupon for this figure. So I honestly just have to weigh the options of if it’s worth waiting for them to send one back in hopes of the one they send being better. As people here of said they’ve gotten one that’s just as bad. Ironically enough I told them four days ago that I would take the $50 so I could purchase another figure as I had a coupon that was expiring today. They never got back to me. I’ve emailed them twice in the last two days to see if they would respond. I have not heard back from them at all. In the email saying I will take the $50 I did I ask if it would work with my coupon then never heard back. While I don’t feel it’s their fault about the QC issues definitely their fault on the lack of responding to my emails. I definitely wouldn’t recommend this figured anybody as this seems to be common place. Only good thing I can say is you can’t see any of the paint scuffs from a distance on my figure. So sitting in the cabinet you can’t really notice them unless you get up close.

you are right the QC issues are not Sideshows fault.That is just Hot Toys bad QC.It's not like this Figure has a lot of accessories to check.. it's basically just the Figure. Not too difficult to look at before packing.It's like they don't even check what is going out.
I guess I got lucky not to have any issues on the one I received.
But SS not responding is not very good,hopefully they will still honor your coupon considering you had contacted them before expiration.
Hope it works out for you.

Back