Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as you have pictures I don’t see why they would refuse if there’s proof and I just wanted an exact figure. Someone else had the same experience and had returned it 3-4 times. I just followed heed considering the price for this figure.
I don't blame you. I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself so I understand.

It's just interesting to me because I've heard of other people exchanging items with Sideshow X amount of times before they lose patience and give an ultimatum to either keep the item or return it. So the fact you and others went back and forth 4 times with SS is impressive.

The fact that Marvel failed to portray the flashiest suit on-screen, is a crime. The 2'' on IM3 don't count.
The headsculpt and glasses are both aftermarket.

DSC_1068.jpgDSC_1077.jpgDSC_1069.jpgDSC_1078.jpgDSC_1081.jpgDSC_1070.jpg

Hi guys. I'm a new HT collect and midas is my 2nd Ironman with 2 more on the way from pre-orders.

My midas arrived with an issue with the 2 inner leg flap not fully able to close flush.

It's just stuck half open and if I try to press down on to closing it flush , I'm met with high resistance

Is this normal ? Will SS send me 2 legs replacement? Just curious. Other wise. My midas is pretty good. No scuff or paint chips at the usual spots. Although there are some minor defects. I can look past those. The leg flaps however are major eye sores
20220125_175257.jpg
20220125_234707.jpg
this gold boy is a beast. I love it .

Last edited:
I would send that pic and what the problem is to Sideshow. They are the best at customer service. They sent me a replacement leg for a scuff mark on mine. I have over 50 IM figures and have had plenty of QC issues over the years but SS took care of all the problems i had.

I would send that pic and what the problem is to Sideshow. They are the best at customer service. They sent me a replacement leg for a scuff mark on mine. I have over 50 IM figures and have had plenty of QC issues over the years but SS took care of all the problems i had.
Hey thanks for the advice. I did send SS photos with the issue and I got the usual cookie cutter response
Screenshot_20220127-102100_Email.jpg

What do I do now ? I sent another response emphasizing my concern and disappointment and wish they'd reconsider. However I don't think they will budge.

In the case of returning for a refund , would I get charged a restocking fee ? And lose out on a few bucks? I would have to order another unit and wish it comes problem free. Man such a headache

That's definitely not normal. If it is, they must have an entire bad batch or the guy didn't really look at any other figures. You can pull a ton on pictures for this figure that would show that's not a common issue at all - maybe you could send some as a comparison.

Back when this released they gave me the same answer for scuffing on my helmet. After talking with them some more they sent me a whole new head. Though a not closing leg flap is not common and they should replace it. Complain some more and it may work to your benefit.

thank you guys so much for the advice. i collected some photos throughout the last 10 pages on this thread and sent it back to SS with a little more detail about this problem. i have never heard of or seen this on the mark 7 nor other midas.

Back when this released they gave me the same answer for scuffing on my helmet. After talking with them some more they sent me a whole new head. Though a not closing leg flap is not common and they should replace it. Complain some more and it may work to your benefit.
Actually the 1st replacement had the same scuff so they sent me a 2nd lol. So I can't really complain about their customer service.

In the case of returning for a refund , would I get charged a restocking fee ? And lose out on a few bucks? I would have to order another unit and wish it comes problem free. Man such a headache
I mean you could ask, its been a few years but the one time I returned a figure because of a problem and them not having any parts or anything I wasn't charged anything to do so.

Then again ordering another, especially a Midas, is definitely going to be a minefield of scuffs do deal with

I mean you could ask, its been a few years but the one time I returned a figure because of a problem and them not having any parts or anything I wasn't charged anything to do so.

Then again ordering another, especially a Midas, is definitely going to be a minefield of scuffs do deal with
yea, to piggy back on this. can i like, order a new one right now and since they still offer free shipping and arrives in 2 days. in the mean time let the return process begin. once it arrives i just take the 2 good leg? given that itll be fine on the new one, because i dont want to chance it by sending it back for a refund and than order a new one, because the new one might have more issues other than the flaps not closing, IE,, paint scuffs and what not, than ill have to start it all over.

all that is hypothetical of course. might be a last resort if they refuse to send me 2 replacement legs.

so, SSC was able to send me 2 replacement legs, however the ones that arrived, although flaps are good and normal, the paint is left to be desired. lots of scuff and black dot chips. so right after i sent SSC another email regarding the bad replacements, instead of waiting for another 2 to arrive . i took the matter in my own hands and try to put 2 sets together to form a good one. and the results were great. just as i expected.

after dismantling the outer legs shells on both sets i noticed the bad flaps on my original are slightly bigger and bent just a few mm upwards. almost like a bad mold/cast. not sure the right term

nothing seems different gut wise nor the hinge track. the flaps how ever, were.

after putting them back together, i no longer have weird flaps. cheers

273375230_10228125733987860_1891044468715101301_n.jpg
273304106_10228125736867932_5217960992167516460_n.jpg
273299355_10228125734947884_5237745994570638433_n.jpg
273212558_10228125731107788_1835403419930430592_n.jpg
273216921_10228125732667827_3177268773308808890_n.jpg

I haven't read the last few pages but the black dots are probably pitting that was painted on intentionally. Maybe checking out justin's collection on youtube and comparing may help. I don't think hot toys makes "clean" iron man armors anymore.

Hi guys. I'm a new HT collect and midas is my 2nd Ironman with 2 more on the way from pre-orders.

My midas arrived with an issue with the 2 inner leg flap not fully able to close flush.

It's just stuck half open and if I try to press down on to closing it flush , I'm met with high resistance

Is this normal ? Will SS send me 2 legs replacement? Just curious. Other wise. My midas is pretty good. No scuff or paint chips at the usual spots. Although there are some minor defects. I can look past those. The leg flaps however are major eye sores View attachment 558776View attachment 558777this gold boy is a beast. I love it .
I got the same problem as you. Unfortunately for me, i got it off a local 3rd party toy store, and they are ghosting my text, pms etc…was wondering if i could get spare legs flaps anywhere to DIY repair. Btw how do you manage to open up the legs? Cheers

Yes, go up a few post and you'll see how I was able to get it off.

Unfortunately. It looks like the flaps it self was miscast by a few mm off resulting it to slightly pop out. I got 3 sets of replacement until I got good flaps. All 3 replacement legs had major blemishes. I was lucky to piece it all together to form a perfect pair.

If you are good with a metal filer. You could perhaps file down the excessive portion.

Yes, go up a few post and you'll see how I was able to get it off.

Unfortunately. It looks like the flaps it self was miscast by a few mm off resulting it to slightly pop out. I got 3 sets of replacement until I got good flaps. All 3 replacement legs had major blemishes. I was lucky to piece it all together to form a perfect pair.

If you are good with a metal filer. You could perhaps file down the excessive portion.
I’m checking ebay or china site if there’s any spares available, but kinda difficult. Have yet to open up any of the ironman and this is more scary due to its gold paint…

Back