Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

Hot toys made TWO Batman Begins suits. One for Begins and one for the Dark Knight. Why not this?

The first Batman Begins suit was awful(imo) so an upgrade was welcome but more importantly that suit played a part in the dark knight and thus it was released in that line, did the Mark 1 do anything in Ironman 2 ....no it did not!, now unless the Mark 1 play's a part in The Avengers or Ironman 3 don't expect a re-release of it.

Hot toys made TWO Batman Begins suits. One for Begins and one for the Dark Knight. Why not this?

Exactly, Hot Toys looks for ways to improve on their product when they can utilize an appearance in a sequel. Let's say for argument's sake that in Iron Man 3 which is projected for 2013, the Mark suits are better, and the Mark VI makes an appearance in the film in some fashion I would wager that they'd go back an improve.

The Mark I is a longshot, especially since it was a display piece as was a BD Mark III (the damage is slightly different though...) but not out of the realm of possibilities. Considering though how much time they showed the Mark II, the party fight, the flight to the base, the transition from the Mark II to the War Machine Mark I, this should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone...

Nah not surprised at all and honestly I welcome it to have another (and even better version) of this armor. I'll buy it and add it to the collection of Iron Man pieces.

Exactly, Hot Toys looks for ways to improve on their product when they can utilize an appearance in a sequel. Let's say for argument's sake that in Iron Man 3 which is projected for 2013, the Mark suits are better, and the Mark VI makes an appearance in the film in some fashion I would wager that they'd go back an improve.

The Mark I is a longshot, especially since it was a display piece as was a BD Mark III (the damage is slightly different though...) but not out of the realm of possibilities. Considering though how much time they showed the Mark II, the party fight, the flight to the base, the transition from the Mark II to the War Machine Mark I, this should come as absolutely no surprise to anyone...

I meant the Mark II, the Mark is damn near perfect. Sorry i didn't make myself clearer.

Back in the day I made a joke in the SW threads to freaks _____ing about Stormtrooper teeth that it was as shameless as people in the Marvel threads _____ing about the rivets on the IM figures. Glad to see some of you have sunk to a new level of shamelessness to bring that joke to reality. :lol

Back in the day I made a joke in the SW threads to freaks _____ing about Stormtrooper teeth that it was as shameless as people in the Marvel threads _____ing about the rivets on the IM figures. Glad to see some of you have sunk to a new level of shamelessness to bring that joke to reality. :lol

It's a legitimate complaint, and was clearly an oversight by the folks at Hot Toys. And it was obviously enough of a mistake that Hot Toys has made sure to correct it in a subsequent release.

Pat yourself on the back for your joke.

The joke's on you, genius, because they did it. And have made alot of us happy.

6a853733jw1dgfh0aygp1j.jpg

^
1. BD Mk.3's back leg flaps
2. Sparce accesories... probably just the fig with hands
3. Abs, probably have articulation, Mk.IV/V/VI style
4. Might come with the base that came with Mk.4... there might be extra parts to it.

Really hoping this Mark II is the 'tall' version akin to the Mark IV, VI and WM. I'd love to pose him face-to-face or back-to-back with Mark IV Tony...

hmmm dont think this will be just a new MarkII... Maybe its some kind of dio with Hammer next to it ;)

When I first saw the teaser I thought about that too. Hopefully its not. I want a full Mark II!!!

As far as is this announcement goes: this rocks!! put Keaton, Nicholson, and Reeve aside. Give us more Iron Man, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, and Cap.

6a853733jw1dgfh0aygp1j.jpg

^
1. BD Mk.3's back leg flaps
2. Sparce accesories... probably just the fig with hands
3. Abs, probably have articulation, Mk.IV/V/VI style
4. Might come with the base that came with Mk.4... there might be extra parts to it.

Image 3091 looks like they are comparing the two Mark IIs

It's a legitimate complaint, and was clearly an oversight by the folks at Hot Toys. And it was obviously enough of a mistake that Hot Toys has made sure to correct it in a subsequent release.

Pat yourself on the back for your joke.

The joke's on you, genius, because they did it. And have made alot of us happy.

:exactly::goodpost::yess:

An Mk.3 variant with tony head might be the con. exclusive..

Anything is possible considering the leap form MK II to MK III wouldn't be that much of a stretch but I think that if HT was doing a SDCC Ex we would have seen it by now. HT usually shops their Con Exclusives to multiple outlets, other shows or as we've seen in the past retail exclusives for folks overseas. They aren't exactly secretative about it.

I think this will crack the $280 line!

why do you think that? these small fig prices would be getting pretty out of hand if it does reach that mark. The re hashes are getting pretty old for this line when there's drones, whiplash Mark II, and Iron Monger still to do.

I'm sorry but what rehashes? The only rehashes were the mk 3, gunmetal, and the majority of the first mk 2. A few parts may have been reused but pretty well all iron man figures have been brand new! I do agree we need something for iron man to fight, not just an inarmored opponent that mk 6 would clear away with his munitions pods! Lol I really want and iron monger first and foremost, but this new mk 2 is a welcomed addition! (I just hope they also release this mold in mk 3 colours!)

If it's not chrome than it already failed. Looking forward to seeing this one. I hope (and I don't think it will be) a SDCC exclusive.

Back