Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

A revamped mark 2 can be justified because the proportions were way off, Mark 1 is pretty much perfect aside from the Downey sculpt, maybe it could do with being a small bit bigger ..but i don't see it ever happening.

Who ever thought the mk2 would be put out again? That is why people were dishing out $500 plus for it. With HT anything is possible.

I was able to buy the first Mark 2 for $200.00 and that was an awesome find for me ...on the other hand I sold my Warhammer since I wasn't crazy about it . Another Mark 2...hmmm I might do that ...but, I still am waiting on my Mark VI and have not had the $$ to buy the Mark IV and V. Lets not get started with the Batman

What the F is a Warhammer??

I don't know if it is a translation error but on the Hot Toys Facebook page it says, "More Iron Man 2 collectible is coming soon! Stay tuned!"

The word "more" seems to suggest several new releases while the word "collectible" is singular. I'm confused.

Hot toys always speak like that..

"figure comes with many accessory"
"stay tune of next update"
"Great likeness to Robert Downey Jnr as he appear in Ironman 2 movie"
"More collectible coming soon!"

I think the "more" they're referring to is this Mark II. I cannot ____ing wait to see the full reveal.

I guess a better proportioned MK II wouldn't bea bad thing, I'm actually happy with the Mark II I have. I guess NOW is the time to unload your MK II on ebay before the new one comes out. If you are unhappy with the one you have. Or want to cash out. :dunno

Yeah actually the Mark II doesn't look as off as the Mark III despite both being the same mold. It's the same effect as the Mark VI looking bulkier than the IV. Since the II is all one color it looks bulkier than the III.

I have a feeling this will come with a Rhodes head.

Hmmmm, makes me hopeful for a new Mk I :horror

Now that would ruffle some feathers :lol

I bought the first Mark II when it was originally released so I'm probably passing on this one. If it was a major improvement I might think about selling mine to buy the new one, but it would have to be really major for me to think about going through the effort of selling after a new one had been announced. I'd like to branch out to the Thor and Tron stuff rather than get another Iron Man. I have Marks 1,2,3,4,6, and 5 is preordered and paid for.

HAHA Doubtful we'll see a new Mark I...that guy was NEAR PERFECT (except for the Tony sculpt, but meh, I keep the face plate down all the time anyways! :rock) What we really need from IM 1 is IRON MONGER...come on HT...where is the MONGER you showed us unpainted in February????

As for this Mark II reboot, I like that they're doing this...will I get it, You betcha. Will I sell my original Mark II? Doubtful. While I'm sure the new engineering/paintjob will be WAAAAY cooler, I'll get him to display with my Mark IV in a Rhodey/Tony display either above or below WM and Mark VI.

I like the original Mark II displayed with my Mech-Test Tony...a Stark garage display if you will. Besides, I'm betting like most that this will come with a Rhodey head and won't come with Tony's mini Mark I heart.

I have a feeling this will come with a Rhodes head.

I agree, this will definetly be the suit Rhody took. I can see why this is being made, it was in the movie and hence the title Iron Man II.

I doubt if they will remake any of the other armors. Which is sad becuase I would love to get a Mk I without having to take out a 2nd mortgage!!

HAHA Doubtful we'll see a new Mark I...that guy was NEAR PERFECT (except for the Tony sculpt, but meh, I keep the face plate down all the time anyways! :rock)

:exactly::goodpost:

Hardly anything to improve on unlike the original MII , it's not going to happen.

..also the MII had a large part in IM2 ..the M1 did not.

Hot toys made TWO Batman Begins suits. One for Begins and one for the Dark Knight. Why not this?

Back