Interview with Hot Toys Howard Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T-1000 with PERS would be truly amazing. That and this T1 business is really all that I'd be interested in.

I'm gonna guess though that it's something 'Inglourious Basterds' related, I got a hunch there.

My guess is Avatar, Gordon or Superman. Were overdue for seeing Avatar.

I wouldn't mind that either. They could definitely pull of a DX of a Na'vi Jake for instance.
But I'm thinking that if they'll make a DX from Avatar it will be down the line. They'll probably make some variants first to make full use of the newly developed Na'vi body...

Who doesn't love Jack Sparrow. He will be the next Dx

DX04 probably can't be Sparrow - they'll definitely wait until the next film comes out to do another Sparrow. And unless he changes costume in film 4, there's not enough different about him to make a DX. The Cannibal could have been done that way, but what else?

What if they want to make like the ultimate Sparrow from the first trilogy before moving on to the new film?
They could give him 3 headsculpts: Serious, Smiling and Cannibal and give him a whole number of accessories, perhaps even a Dead Man's Chest...

One thing that always comes across whenever i ve seen Howard Chan being interviewed is what an inherently decent Man he is with a wicked sense of fun.The perfect guy to be running a toy company.
Like the way he took those two TV presenters last year and made them their own Terminator figures.Imagine Mattel or Hasbro doing anything like that??
Sounds like they ve got exclusives planned for the Iron Man exhibition(premiere?) in Hong Kong next month.Wonder what those could be??

T-1000 could be a DX. His eyes were a very important part of the character and there are plenty of extras they could include with him to help justify the price. :dunno

I really hope it's the T-1000 with actual mimetic poly alloy body (yeah right), but Supes sounds like a good candidate.

Howard mentioned he is glad that they are still able 2 surprise us ..what if he is gonna surprise us with something totally unexpected with the dx04 release ...

Please people it has to be Chris Reeve Supes think of it!!!
1. Why Terminator?? there is out there hundreds of T1 T2 T3 T4 figures from NECA HT and whatever....
2. Pirates!?...if you want the definitive Jack go and buy the PF from SS.

3. About Chris Reeve what do we have?

2008+087.jpg
reevesuperman.jpg
supermanbust-420x420.jpg
IMG_3818.JPG

:monkey2

I think he deserves better its 32years we are talking about here! so HotToys give us what we want its been to long for us :maul

PS: I know CM looks good but they messed up big time it has a lot of issues for 2K.

Last edited:
T-1000 with PERS would be truly amazing. That and this T1 business is really all that I'd be interested in.

I'm gonna guess though that it's something 'Inglourious Basterds' related, I got a hunch there.

I have no inside info on HT - just speculating like the rest of us.

But a DX from Basterds is an excellent idea - I'd love to see Landa with all his outfits and an extra creepy smiling head.

I have no inside info on HT - just speculating like the rest of us.

But a DX from Basterds is an excellent idea - I'd love to see Landa with all his outfits and an extra creepy smiling head.

I wont like it to be landa ..a normal release 4 him will be fine ,coz if they did when he is displayed next to regular mms aldo ..it would look odd one being a dx and the other not besides regular mms aldo is not even released yet so i i doubt this will be happening ..why give one the dx treatment and not the other ? ..it would be very imbalanced imo ..

I was pretty excited after reading this interview. Completely glad to read about Gordon and they HAVE to make him with a Batsignal....that would just be the ultimate.

The other thing that excited me was the Marvel info and that they might be exploring the comics etc, in the future. That just put the Wolverine figure on indefinite hold for me.

I know they probably won't get to this until pretty far into the future but having Hot Toys quality super heroes in their original costumes from the comics would just be epic!

The movie figs are great, but for me I grew up on the comics and I like all the costumes they wear that sometimes just doesn't transition well to live action flicks.

My mind is reeling just thinking about how many I would end up buying.

Hmmmmmmmmmm do you maybe know something we don't know? :tap I was gonna say its probably Rocky but you've got me thinking. I would die for a loaded T1 Arnie in DX form.

Rocky.jpg

T1 T800 DX
Rocky DX
Rambo 2 DX
Rambo 4 DX
Snake Plissken DX

T-1000 could be a DX. His eyes were a very important part of the character and there are plenty of extras they could include with him to help justify the price. :dunno

I'm sure we would see a Arnold T800 DX well before T1000 DX.

Hey! It was good at the time. Of course an update is needed though.

Lol of course it was a good time! i currently have one of those and i know is not as detailed as HT this days but it still my favorite it just bring good memories!:joy

DX04 probably can't be Sparrow - they'll definitely wait until the next film comes out to do another Sparrow. And unless he changes costume in film 4, there's not enough different about him to make a DX. The Cannibal could have been done that way, but what else?

PERS first and foremost, if ever a character would benefit from it, it's Jack Sparrow. They also have room for better sculpts and parts of his costume. DX could provide the definitive Sparrow figure finally if done right.

Did anyone ask HT about Hans Lands from Inglorious Basterds?

I think they forgot to ask about Watchmen too.

Back