Interview with Hot Toys Howard Chan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be awesome but then you have the issue of how do you open his head to access that area.

Joker and MJ have long hair to cover it, Batman has the removable face plates.

I think its still possible, the light source does not need to be enclosed in the head. The light could be at the base of the neck and use a tube to re-direct it behind the eye. The PERS system would work the same as DX Batman ( Underneath the head )

As long as the robot eye is translucent, light would still shine out, even if its not connected

But then the other PERS eye would also let out a red glow around the edges. You can't seal it up or it won't move. Its just too much to squeeze into a tiny head imo.

It'd have to be an LED wired into a seperate sculpted left robot eye on a toggle connect to a regular PERS on the right side. And a battery contained in there with room to open doesn't seem possible. Not without the head being only a milimeter thick which would be squishy and not somthing I'd want.

Hot Toys would make both eyes move and still light up- Thats how Hardcore they are :cool:

I don't think would even have to make both eyes move, if I recall correctly, only the "human" eye moves when battle damaged in the film.

Please God make the DX04 a Superman Christopher Reeve. Pleeeeease
1sm134plead.gif

I don't think would even have to make both eyes move, if I recall correctly, only the "human" eye moves when battle damaged in the film.

Yeah thats true. I'm sure if it were possible at the time they'd have CGIed it to move but as it is we have to pretend the motors driving that eye got crushed.

Can't see Gordon being a DX figure, and he certainly won't be 04.

T-800 can't be the next DX as it won't be announced until the regular T-800 Arnie has already been on the shef for at least a lil while

DX04 probably can't be Sparrow - they'll definitely wait until the next film comes out to do another Sparrow. And unless he changes costume in film 4, there's not enough different about him to make a DX. The Cannibal could have been done that way, but what else?

I think a T1 T-800 is very likely though. Two distinct outfits, at least 3 different head sculpt looks - it's a perfect candidate for a DX. I doubt they'd feel like they'd need to wait for the T2 to come out to announce it. Although they might wait until T2 ships.

DX04 probably can't be Sparrow - they'll definitely wait until the next film comes out to do another Sparrow. And unless he changes costume in film 4, there's not enough different about him to make a DX. The Cannibal could have been done that way, but what else?

I think a T1 T-800 is very likely though. Two distinct outfits, at least 3 different head sculpt looks - it's a perfect candidate for a DX. I doubt they'd feel like they'd need to wait for the T2 to come out to announce it. Although they might wait until T2 ships.

Hmmmmmmmmmm do you maybe know something we don't know? :tap I was gonna say its probably Rocky but you've got me thinking. I would die for a loaded T1 Arnie in DX form.

T-1000 could be a DX. His eyes were a very important part of the character and there are plenty of extras they could include with him to help justify the price. :dunno

I wish they had asked about Watchmen. Mainly for the sake of Rorschach.

We'll see DX T-800 the same month that SSC ships the 1/6 Gimli. :p

Back