Indiana Jones V: with Harrison Ford!!!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh, this series has ended with TLC.
Couldn't care less about the story of 70 years old Jones, watchin' him in KotC was painful enough.

I don't know how I feel about this.

1: having Indiana Jones back is good.
2: KotCS shows that number 1 is not going to always be correct

Nu3CJBL.jpg

I consider KOTCS and On Stranger Tides to be my “gateway” movies. When I need a hit but I don’t want to get into a marathon of the trilogy.

I read this thread title as Indiana Jones VS Harrison Ford....

...which is about how I feel about it. I hope they let dead dogs lie. Reboot if you want, but let's not add another bad chapter to a 50/50 series.

I don't think this franchise was ever originally envisioned as an old man's series of adventures.

No interest. Should have stopped after the first three when the character and world were at it's peak.

Yeah, it kinda sounded like he was joking.

I wouldn't mind them starting a "young" Indy series like the TV show (but better of course), with a new actor. There is a lot of ground to cover between River Phoenix and Temple of Doom. But I would want it to have that same unrelenting intensity of the first one, with minimal humor (a little humor goes a long way). Maybe old Ford can bookend at least the first movie to set it up--also like that one episode in the TV show.

Spielberg was just shooting stuff off the top of his head on movies with Ford and Hanks- and it makes headlines. Sheeeesh. Not going to happen and if it does it'll have Ford in a cameo. Long way off. Spielberg has lined up his next two films that will be years in the making...

That a simple riddle! No reboot! Keep Indy as is for a last time. And if they want Pratt to be the new action hero, just make up a new character in another franchise for him. There's no need to draw a story on and on. Once Harrison has been Indy one last time, let sleeping dogs lie...

That's just the same with the whole debate over wether Elba should be the next Bond. No! There's no racism involved here but Bond is white. If they want to create a great black spy, then just do it. Elba is a great enough actor to carry a great new character, as is Chris Pratt

Back