Independence Day sequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But you're definitely correct about movies being picked apart by millennials. They never lived in a world where you go to a movie, enjoy it, and then talk about it with a like-minded friend or two. They only know the culture of watching a film that the world has already commented on and then going out and trying to gain relevance by having their criticisms be more entertaining than everyone else's. Clown Prince and Gaspar know what I'm talking about and will back me up on this.

So much this. Can't people just go in and simply enjoy a spectacle? Even if it's a big budget b-grade flick? Maybe even especially if it's a big budget b-grade flick. Grab some popcorn and a drink, go in, sit your arse down, and just switch the brain off?

So much this. Can't people just go in and simply enjoy a spectacle? Even if it's a big budget b-grade flick? Maybe even especially if it's a big budget b-grade flick. Grab some popcorn and a drink, go in, sit your arse down, and just switch the brain off?

Exactly! :clap

Clown Prince and Gaspar know what I'm talking about and will back me up on this.
I don't know if you're saying we do that, or that our generation does that :lol

But yeah, that's what bloggers do these days, and most of them happen to be millennial.

But it seems to be caching on with older people too, take this place for instance, most people here will pick a movie apart, for sake of giggles with other members (which is great) or otherwise, and most people here are not millennials.

Could be millennials, or could be the times. I just think it's just what social networks do, they give everybody a chance to talk so you're right, they want their 15 minutes of fame, I guess.

Good god, how in the hell did this abortion ever make it to the screen?

... Even if it's a big budget b-grade flick? Maybe even especially if it's a big budget b-grade flick. Grab some popcorn and a drink, go in, sit your arse down, and just switch the brain off?

Sure, but the problem with this one is that in this case none of this works. There just wasn't any fun in it. Though I didn't have any high expectations, but this just was too stupid for my taste.

ID4 loved it when it came out- was young, ok?
It is really bad after the first half which was made interesting because of the massive alien arrival. Second half gets really bad. Truly cheese.

ID4 is one of those movies, for me anyway, that when it's on TV and I come across it, I either watch it or watch it for a bit before moving on to something else.

I fiiiiinally saw this.

No, it's not better than the 1st one, whoever thinks that is a silly willy, the original is a 90's classic.

But yeah it was exactly what I thought.

I can see what some people may think of as plotholes, and half of them probably are legitimate plotholes, that and so much unnecessary **** made me give it a 6.5/10, but a solid 6.5.

All the "pass the torch" characters were soooooooo useless and unnecessary, you could've had 1 or 2 good characters our of those 5 and streamline the story a lot.

Remove that stupid ass lawyer guy, the most unnecessary character in recent history.

A lot of unnecessary drama that added nothing to the tension or the story, except Dr Okun stuff, he and his boyfriend were pretty adorable actually, wait a minute, Dr Okun was gay? :lol wtf? :lol I didn't mind it, I actually thought it was cute but it just came out of left field.

I liked David's father with the kids but they could've made that shorter too.

All of that and some rushed pacing and some pretty obvious greenscreen, all that is the bad.

But it was very entertaining, action was good, CGI was good, I understand how CGI can be numbing, but I think cities being pulled up would look exactly like that so I was able to empathize and be slightly amazed without problem, air fights were very good actually.

Kaiju moment with the queen was fantastic, the design of the queen's biosuit was phenomenal, this alien race is straight up Lovecraft, I love it, I want toys.

The introduction of a digital race to aid the humans was just great, one of some of the Sci-Fi concepts that this movie pulls off so well, I very much hope they make the third one.

Also, there's some stuff in here that could make good movies on its own, like the African war part, I want to see that movie directed by Blomkamp.

Back