InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are those extra little “ropes” in one of the baggies extra for the staff? I broke the rope on mine in about 10 seconds, it was brittle as can be

Figure looks great but I am lacking any sort of enthusiasm towards it. I think I’m turned off by the robes and that if I want to futz one thing I have to futz EVERYTHING. Also this being my first real rooted figure, I don’t think it’s for me, not a fan of messing with the hair much. taking that back plate off was terrifying, and of course the eye plate came misaligned, one of the eyes was disconnected completely so I had to unscrew everything and put it back together lol.
IMG_4476.jpeg

Figure looks great but I am lacking any sort of enthusiasm towards it. I think I’m turned off by the robes and that if I want to futz one thing I have to futz EVERYTHING. Also this being my first real rooted figure, I don’t think it’s for me, not a fan of messing with the hair much. taking that back plate off was terrifying, and of course the eye plate came misaligned, one of the eyes was disconnected completely so I had to unscrew everything and put it back together lol.
View attachment 698756

Still a great job though :love:

View attachment 698756
Well it was worth all the futz, he looks amazing here!

You clearly did a good job (y)

View attachment 698756
You've got it looking pretty awesome. :clap

My long and winding road to Gandalf finally came to fruition today! :blissy
I originally neglected to pre-order this for god knows what reason and eventually came to terms with making the investment in the secondary market after seeing the images in this thread every day. I purchased through "Cinematic Legends" on eBay which I later came to find out was a front for Toys Wonderland. Long story short, they posted bogus shipping info and didn't return messages for a month. Just as I began to pursue a refund via eBay, they updated the shipping with UPS tracking and there was actual movement. Today, he arrived. :thud:
I'm shocked, relieved and absolutely thrilled to have him. Unboxed with minimal fuss:
Gandalf.jpg

Swapping the hands is a bit a challenge and I still need to water treat him, etc, but pretty much in awe so far.

Last edited:
It was mentioned in the InArt Batman thread about QC issues with later batches of this, can someone clarify please?
I have not had time to futz with mine yet but if came with the left hand not attached. It does not seem like it wants to go on very well. Will study it more and see if something is hindering it somehow.

I have not had time to futz with mine yet but if came with the left hand not attached. It does not seem like it wants to go on very well. Will study it more and see if something is hindering it somehow.
Yeah mine fell off just as I took the figure out and I’m pretty cautious with this sort of thing. I find the whole magnet plus peg a bit bizarre, there needs to be a better way but I’m not sure what. I don’t really like HT pegs either, I’m breaking those all the time.

I’ve only just taken the figure out (which looks staggering and I will spend some time futzing when I have more time) but a whole bunch of tiny things. There’s a small mark on the box (no big deal), it was traumatic getting the head sculpt out of that damn Futurama container, the layer of foam supporting the figure was loose, the scabbard was loose and not in its foam cavity, I’m finding it impossible to get the battery into the gemstone, I do not trust that magnetic base and yeah that hair gel is really sticky! A whole bunch of nothing really but wanted to give my 2c.

It was mentioned in the InArt Batman thread about QC issues with later batches of this, can someone clarify please?
Haven't fully kept up with the thread but from what I've seen it's been 1-2 people with a lopsided base (early/middle batch). 1 person with a very bizarre looking cut beard (middle batch). Not sure if that person ever came back to update on what happened. I think some were accusing of them messing with the beard themselves but I didn't follow through with what happened in the end. The rest seems to be some folks having trouble with swapping the hands because it can be finicky with the peg hole and magnet. I think there was some loose hand magnets out of the box as well. Nothing to indicate that the later batches are lower quality unless if I missed something, feel free to correct me.

Seems to be the common thing people say whenever we see an occasional QC issue pop up here and there. Like the blutac thing we saw with the Joker head when in reality there was only 1-2 people who ever got that. QC issues suck **** but I don't think we're seeing anything that indicates later batches have more QC issues.

Last edited:
Haven't fully kept up with the thread but from what I've seen it's been 1-2 people with a lopsided base (early/middle batch). 1 person with a very bizarre looking cut beard (middle batch). Not sure if that person ever came back to update on what happened. I think some were accusing of them messing with the beard themselves but I didn't follow through with what happened in the end. The rest seems to be some folks having trouble with swapping the hands because it can be finicky with the peg hole and magnet. I think there was some loose hand magnets out of the box as well. Nothing to indicate that the later batches are lower quality unless if I missed something, feel free to correct me.

Seems to be the common thing people say whenever we see an occasional QC issue pop up here and there. Like the blutac thing we saw with the Joker head when in reality there was only 1-2 people who ever got that. QC issues suck **** but I don't think we're seeing anything that indicates later batches have more QC issues.

Thanks for this, appreciated.

I think the issue with the magnet connection on the hand is that, in some cases, there is too much glue in the hand socket, and that extra mm thickness makes it so the peg doesn't seat properly in the hand, so it makes it loose. On mine, it seemed like two of the hands didn't seat securely on the peg, but oddly enough it was only on the left peg.

I vote for dropping the magnet connection. It doesn't seem to help anything, and it certainly hinders in some instances.

I think the issue with the magnet connection on the hand is that, in some cases, there is too much glue in the hand socket, and that extra mm thickness makes it so the peg doesn't seat properly in the hand, so it makes it loose.
Yes mine has the same issue. I think the gemstone might have the same problem.

Back