InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Universal Key has the robes looking the best I’ve seen yet.

As far as that stand goes I had a customer ask me today to make something for him that stabilizes the figure while using the stock stand. As soon as I get Gandalf I’ll be making something similar to my add on plates but with a post and grabber incorporated in the design.

he need no staff with the asmus sword

Attachments

• 6A166A3F-83E3-4DA8-B994-55C0AA00A8B0.jpeg
    6A166A3F-83E3-4DA8-B994-55C0AA00A8B0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Joker was in the 10k+ range, Gandalf more than 5k, likely exceeded 6k but we dont know for sure.

That would explain why it was so easy for me to obtain the Joker well after the batches were released.

I’m still on the lookout for the InArt Gandalf but no luck yet.

The original Asmus Gandalf is such an eyesore in comparison - I took a look at it In my collection the other day.

That would explain why it was so easy for me to obtain the Joker well after the batches were released.

I’m still on the lookout for the InArt Gandalf but no luck yet.

The original Asmus Gandalf is such an eyesore in comparison - I took a look at it In my collection the other day.
The old head was good for it’s time . And the new head is decent. If you can find it.

I hope more releases after the Chinese new year but I’d start saving for resale just in case. Joker on the secondary market flooded it to almost retail. Penny wise is still over $1100 and that’s finished. Gandalf will probably hover around that level too.

Attachments

• 172DF423-643A-4367-A160-3C915EF0F965.jpeg
    172DF423-643A-4367-A160-3C915EF0F965.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
For it's time? You mean, last year?
Lol. All Gandalfs before that head were rough too. I remember when people loved that old head, you can still find the posts in their thread.

Inart really brought some change and and shook things up, and made people start looking sideways at some sculpts.

Asmus with the new head is the second best Gandalf though

The main issue with Asmus Gandalf is the massive difference in the final production piece compared to the prototype. The prototype sculpt, while not as beautiful as the InArt one, was insane for its time ( I mean announcement time, that is to say 2-3 years ago). Quite the contrary, the final sculpt underwent an unjustified downgrade when it comes to painting app, eyes, details, mustache. It looks like a goofy Carnival mask or Halloween costume. However, they somehow managed to improve it by using the new Gandalf The White sculpt (which is stellar imho) and applying different color hair and beard. I still cannot unsee GTW when I looked at it, but it is way better than V1 GTG.

They mentioned summer of 2023 that Gandalf would be delayed which is why they included the fireworks accessories as sort of an apology for the delay if I remember correctly.

I guess I wasn't paying attention as I don't recall the fireworks accessories... It just seemed a little odd they seem to be dribbling in in small batches?

But I just got my invoice! Payment due by Feb 17th so hopefully that is when he is in stock and shipping to me...

I guess I wasn't paying attention as I don't recall the fireworks accessories... It just seemed a little odd they seem to be dribbling in in small batches?

But I just got my invoice! Payment due by Feb 17th so hopefully that is when he is in stock and shipping to me...
May I ask which order number you have?

I'm never going to understand teh hate on the Asmus Gandalf. At least with the revised Asmus head, I honestly just can't really perceive much difference between it and the InArt figure. I hope going forward InArt produces figures that Asmus didn't - Saruman, most specifically.

I'm never going to understand teh hate on the Asmus Gandalf. At least with the revised Asmus head, I honestly just can't really perceive much difference between it and the InArt figure. I hope going forward InArt produces figures that Asmus didn't - Saruman, most specifically.
I still really like aspects of Crown Asmus GTG but apart from the incredible head sculpt it's the subtle differences on the InArt version that make it so much better. The texture, pleats and embellishments of the robe. The details and paintwork on the staffs. Braiding of the belts and bag strap and the sword belt and it's metal parts. The sword too is so much better.

That said the boots on the Asmus version are the correct suede and colour whereas the InArt boots are completely the wrong colour and material although the shape is better.

All those things come together to trump Asmus but with a bit of effort and water treatment, the Asmus one can be made to look similar :)

I had the Crown Gandalf and it was the best looking one at that time. The base is imo steps ahead of what we got with inart. But I can tell you having both of them inart does take the win. Both figures aren’t perfect. I remember my asumus the sword leather belt came apart amongst a few other issues but great attempt for its time.

It feels like they were not ready with what they put out thus all of the QC and them doing their best to try to make it right which I take my hat off because I think they are a great company too.

I hope going forward InArt produces figures that Asmus didn't - Saruman, most specifically.
Asmus did actually release a Saruman - two of them, in fact, although the second was a “slim” release of their first.
They left a lot to be desired, though; the sculpted beard and the sparse scalp hair were not their finest hour. An Inart version would definitely be an upgrade.

Received mine... the eyes seem off... a bit crosseyed...i've adjusted them but when i bring them back to center they are not centered... has that come up or has anyone else seen it?
Overall pleased but the eyes are what make or break the sculpt often for me...With this and the TDK Joker on display they easily are the highlight of my 50+ figure collection. I think MCU HT figures look way more toyish because of the color schemes / costumes... Looking forward to Aragon.. and the Batman for which i have high hopes.. everyone is praising the HT one but the shoulder/neck/traps are off for me and no time to mod...
I have the same misalignment with my Gandalfs eyes. I was thinking it's supposed to be that but it's obvious it's something wrong thought it isn't as bad as my Joker.

Here before John was interrupted, he mentioned at 6:05 that more LOTR figures are on the way.

Video is from yesterday.

Just a bit further between 7:40-8:20 Legolas is mentioned as one of those LOTR figures coming in 2024 (being announced in 2024 so its 2025 release or so).

Here before John was interrupted, he mentioned at 6:05 that more LOTR figures are on the way.

Video is from yesterday.

Just a bit further between 7:40-8:20 Legolas is mentioned as one of those LOTR figures coming in 2024 (being announced in 2024 so its 2025 release or so).

I tried to super chat to ask about when we might expect Legolas to go up for preorder but youtube wouldn't let me.

Back