InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t buy for the purpose of reselling later but it’s nice to know something has gone up in value. Don’t think there’s anything wrong with enjoying the fact that one/some of your stuff is worth a good chunk of change. When I lost my previous job in 2019, the value of my collection, and what it sold for at the time, is what helped keep me afloat for quite awhile. So, it can definitely help when your excess stuff hasn't completely dropped to the bottom of the barrel :LOL:

Not everyone keeps everything they ever bought, either. Collecting interests change overtime for a lot of ppl. If you’ve never changed your mind about something you’ve ever purchased then that’s great! Definitely jealous of those that haven’t 😅

However, I’ve seen ppl on the board just say they’ll put something back in its box never to display it again rather than selling it. That’s their prerogative, but that doesn’t make much sense to me. I personally don’t like having stuff just sitting in boxes just because I can’t be bothered to sell it. If I don’t want something anymore, I get rid of it and that goes for all things I’ve purchased, not just collectibles. For InArt Joker, I’m waiting for the right time and the how (meaning as a whole or parted out).

Purging, or, at the very least, pruning the collection every now and then can also be a bit cathartic when it’s gotten a little out of hand. We’ve seen it a lot of times on this board that some folks are happier when they’ve refocused, prioritized, and/or removed the excess.

Nothing wrong with either approach though. We’re all different :duff

Last edited:
Yep. I need a bigger garage/storage unit. Still have my ancient Hasbro 12'' crap as well as the old Sideshow junk... even those terrible Terminator figures. 'memba those?
heh, Darran Carnall's resculpt and repaint made me pick up one of those Sideshow T2 Arnies, yet I never ended up getting his sculpt.

Part of me wants to sell the whole lot to monkey depot. The shipping though would probably be more than what I’d get.
Oh cool! I didn't know Monkey Depot bought items. I guess I should've known since TA does as well, though. I don't have really any military figures anymore so they probably wouldn't be interested.

Does anyone know the specific make of the batteries used for the gem stone? Wondering whether one could purchase more after the current ones die.

I always felt like Gandalf never actually did anything...at least not in the movies. lol So he was far from being my favourite LotR character.
But damn, that guy does look darn impressive. Thats some crazy detail for 1/6 scale. Happy for ya'll who love this series (and this boring old wizard lol).

I always felt like Gandalf never actually did anything...at least not in the movies. lol So he was far from being my favourite LotR character.
But damn, that guy does look darn impressive. Thats some crazy detail for 1/6 scale. Happy for ya'll who love this series (and this boring old wizard lol).
He killed the Balrog, released Theoden from Saruman's curse, led the scattered Rohirrim in the charge against the Uruk-hai at Helm's Deep, saved Faramir as he was retreating from Osgiliath, and effectively spearheaded the defense of Minas Tirith until Theoden and Aragorn arrived.

ian mckellen GIF

He killed the Balrog, released Theoden from Saruman's curse, led the scattered Rohirrim in the charge against the Uruk-hai at Helm's Deep, saved Faramir as he was retreating from Osgiliath, and effectively spearheaded the defense of Minas Tirith until Theoden and Aragorn arrived.

ian mckellen GIF
Someone obviously wasn't paying attention 😆

Not only that but it's pretty much because of Gandalf the Ring ended up in the shire in the first place. If he didn't suggest Bilbo for Thorins party Bilbo would never have found the ring.

It's been 8 days since KGH provided the tracking and they still haven't shipped it. So anxious!

ian mckellen GIF
Yeah he probably did do those things, I didn't pay much attention. I was (and still am) too annoyed with him that he left Eowyn to fight Nazgul by herself. I mean I really wanted to see him kick Nazgul's ass. Show us some of that mighty wizard magic! But alas, he was too busy aiming his flash light around while buggering off the battlefield to go get some more tobacco (probably). :lol
Also, don't take anything I say too seriously, I never read the books. And like most novel-to-film adaptations, 80% of the story is usually changed or left out of the films. Same treatment they gave my boy Harry Potter. I'm just poking fun. lol

Back