InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, looks good. And, yep, PERS on this one most likely. I don’t hate PERS. I just hate PERS done poorly like on the Asmus Gandalf. This is a figure that I don’t really think benefits from it even if done well.

Don't mind the moveable eyes if they are done well and don't harm the likeness... the eyes on the Asmus one were just one thing I could never get over.

Oh man so it begins! Your wallet is probably saying “and I will die as one of them” right about now. Must have figure already. If the hat fits…

510874BB-18BB-4711-B487-58F248613FA6.jpeg

Last edited:
I just threw all my Asmus and Hot Toys in the dumpster I only want InArt now. They haven't released a product yet but I already know there's no point owning anything else anymore because I saw this nice picture of Gandalf prototype that I am sure will only be better once it's mass produced.

I just threw all my Asmus and Hot Toys in the dumpster I only want InArt now. They haven't released a product yet but I already know there's no point owning anything else anymore because I saw this nice picture of Gandalf prototype that I am sure will only be better once it's mass produced.
Only choice was to throw it away really, nobody would take any of that garbage if you paid them.

From what I can see that looks great! I wonder if all that hair will make the price significantly more than their Joker.

I don't think you have to wonder, that head will cost a lot to produce en masse. One rooted Joker was $500, I can see this hitting the $600+ territory people were originally thinking with the company. For the Joker they could get people to buy into a two pack with diorama to get the nice heads. No idea what they're going to do with this; I wonder if they'll even offer a sculpted option.

I don't think you have to wonder, that head will cost a lot to produce en masse. One rooted Joker was $500, I can see this hitting the $600+ territory people were originally thinking with the company. For the Joker they could get people to buy into a two pack with diorama to get the nice heads. No idea what they're going to do with this; I wonder if they'll even offer a sculpted option.
What were the Joker price points? I remember the sculpted hair was $350 then there was the two pack for what price?

You're probably right! I wonder if the relatively simple wardrobe of Gandalf compared to Joker's layers of clothing will help even the price out, but I have no clue about that lol. I can't wait to see the preorder for this!

What were the Joker price points? I remember the sculpted hair was $350 then there was the two pack for what price?

The sculpted two-pack was about $6-700 I think and the rooted two pack like $1050 maybe?

You're probably right! I wonder if the relatively simple wardrobe of Gandalf compared to Joker's layers of clothing will help even the price out, but I have no clue about that lol. I can't wait to see the preorder for this!
I've got the Asmus Gandalf and he's got tons of cloth on him, I suppose they don't have to worry about the exact fit and print since it's so loose/simple, but he's got a lot going on too.

They said they won't be doing a 2 pack for future pieces. Question is will this be out priced? When consider what asmus delivered on theirs for the price it was pretty impressive.

However their jokers came with bare minimum so if this is $700+ they need to add something to make it worth buying.

They said they won't be doing a 2 pack for future pieces. Question is will this be out priced? When consider what asmus delivered on theirs for the price it was pretty impressive.

However their jokers came with bare minimum so if this is $700+ they need to add something to make it worth buying.
No clue on the pricing but something to keep in mind is the number of figures made. I have a feeling the market for the Joker is bigger than the market for Gandalf so part of me thinks the price will be higher in part because of that. On the other hand of the bill of the cost is the hair edition size might not matter as much.

I have to correct myself, I'm still a little bit skeptical about the rooted hair with the figure in hands, but that pic indeed looks very good.

I don't think you have to wonder, that head will cost a lot to produce en masse. One rooted Joker was $500, I can see this hitting the $600+ territory people were originally thinking with the company.

I can't help but think maybe the simpler robes on Gandalf might help with the overall price rather than the many-piece and tailored outfit for Joker.

I'm thinking $450 to $500 for the single rooted Gandalf. That said, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I can't help but think maybe the simpler robes on Gandalf might help with the overall price rather than the many-piece and tailored outfit for Joker.

I'm thinking $450 to $500 for the single rooted Gandalf. That said, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
The person Inart? Who posted the pic on FB said it would cost around Joker price. So if that means single sculpted hair Joker or two pack is the question.

$1,000 for a single rooted Gandalf... and I'm out.

$1,000 for two-pack Gandalf... and I'm out. Don't need or want two.
No way I can afford to throw down $1k for a single release. No matter how much I wish I could. $500 for a single Gandalf would be pushing me to my limits. I could do $500 because I can sell off another 1/6 figure to help justify spending that much on a figure. I would have to turn around and sell off 3 or 4 figures to justify spending $1k. Even then I don’t think I could do it. That much money would be better spent on the wife and kids or the house. Now if they had a trade in program where I could just trade $1k worth of figures in for Gandalf and never actually spend any money that might be a different story.

I didn't get Crown Gandalf so I can throw that money into the pot. But there's no way I can go into $1,000 figures for LOTR when I know I want Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas.

Even at $500 a pop, that's $1500 sitting on the shelf collecting dust over time.

Back