InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets revisit the production pics of the head since it's been a few pages
View attachment 645921
View attachment 645922
A truly incredible headsculpt! That's 100% Ian McKellen. He's going to have a lot of presence on the shelf, especially with Aragorn standing at his side eventually. I think this will be the figure that really cements Inart's reputation as a premium brand. Hopefully they've ironed out the issues the Joker figure had for this release.

Where were all you people when this started...?

I was telling myself that this will suffice.

AC993959-EA1B-4BBE-B6C7-2F46FBE361CA.jpeg

07FF3595-A1B5-4976-9F6C-4569101A7871.jpeg

And overall it’s pretty good. Like, okay, I completed the line. (Note: I now have GtW in the group display.) I have to draw the line somewhere. But those dang, those eyes for GtG.

And now this!…

AF67D8D8-DC97-41B1-B236-794A6FA3E2A0.jpeg

2940C5F5-3756-4BAE-A677-9D1FBEA6CD8E.jpeg

I’m pretty much helpless here as a collector.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, if Aragorn and Gandalf turn out like the above, and InArt goes deep into the line and keeps up that standard, then it could well be the greatest 1:6 line of all-time. I plan to buy everything LOTR they produce. I just can’t imagine how good a Saruman or Galadriel would look.

At the risk of sounding dramatic, if Aragorn and Gandalf turn out like the above, and InArt goes deep into the line and keeps up that standard, then it could well be the greatest 1:6 line of all-time. I plan to buy everything LOTR they produce. I just can’t imagine how good a Saruman or Galadriel would look.
I don't think it sounds dramatic, InArt is really changing the mass-produced 1:6 game. If production Aragorn turns out anywhere close to the prototype, IMO it will be the greatest non-custom 1:6 ever produced (up to that point of course).
I never really thought about anything being a "best figure ever", because everything is subjective, but with him, that thought immediately came to mind.

I'm very selective in what I buy and don't want Aragorn, but there's a small piece of me that wants to buy him just for having this piece of 1:6 history.

I'm very selective in what I buy and don't want Aragorn, but there's a small piece of me that wants to buy him just for having this piece of 1:6 history.

Every now and again, I buy a piece just for that purpose. A piece that pushes the hobby forward. A piece that is literally state-of-the-art at that moment.

InArt Aragorn certainly looks like that type of piece. The improved Gandalf might be also.

Every now and again, I buy a piece just for that purpose. A piece that pushes the hobby forward. A piece that is literally state-of-the-art at that moment.
I kind of feel like I did that with InArt TDK Joker. I've been fine all these years without one having sold off all my Nolan Bat figures since the DX12, and then InArt's version comes out and blows most of us away. Felt like something you just couldn't let pass by

Joker will always be special because it was InArt's first.

But InArt is already improving. That's the hobby. Better and better, sometimes by leaps. I look forward to seeing InArt continue to excel.

Joker will always be special because it was InArt's first.

But InArt is already improving. That's the hobby. Better and better, sometimes by leaps. I look forward to seeing InArt continue to excel.
That's the beauty of a company/group that wants to succeed. On their first release they [hopefully] learned what worked and what didn't work, and now they can improve the process. Then that experience carries onto the next and so forth.

Once you stagnate like some companies have done, they feel no drive to improve, so they don't look at ways to make the next release better. "It's just how we've always done it".

I kind of feel like I did that with InArt TDK Joker. I've been fine all these years without one having sold off all my Nolan Bat figures since the DX12, and then InArt's version comes out and blows most of us away. Felt like something you just couldn't let pass by
Same story with me. The HT Jokers came before I was in on 1:6 collecting- I had a Mafex and some 3P 1/12 figure that used soft goods though - and the 3P 1/6 Jokers like the one that came with the giant stack of money just didn’t quite convince me to jump aboard and inevitably start collecting all Nolan-verse characters despite really liking those movies.

Enter InArt and that Joker was a day one PO. Those promo shots made my jaw drop. Combine the longing for that degree of quality with the excitement in these boards alone and the sense that something special was happening- it was a no-brainer. The production piece didn’t quite match the proto but it’s brilliant enough to be considered a genuine step forward for the hobby.

So naturally, I’ll be grabbing IA’s TDK Batman and probably Catwoman too, no questions asked whenever they’re announced, and I’ve now got HT Bane 2.0 on PO, and just bought a Begins 2.0 Batman (custom cowl and cloak also) and found a good deal on eBay for a Batmobile 1.0.
My first 1/6 vehicle- and all of this is simply to compliment Joker!

One great figure has spawned a whole new collection for me. InArt will truly be the death of my already wavering financial stability.

Where LOTR is concerned; I will get everything IA make despite the fact I have all Asmus figures and loads of Weta and Sideshow statues. Essentially every character worth having on the shelf is there or soon will be- but now I must have the best possible version!

There are such high expectations for Aragorn, I don’t mind him arriving late, so long as IA do everything within their power to make him look as incredible as we all hope he will.

I really wish I didn't already have this on order with KGHobby - I would much prefer to have the order with @Kit Chen
Oh well, I'll get it.... eventually

I really wish I didn't already have this on order with KGHobby - I would much prefer to have the order with @Kit Chen
Oh well, I'll get it.... eventually

How much do you stand to lose if you cancel your preorder with KGHobby? Might be worth that extra cost.

20% of the items cost.

Speaking of KGH cancellation. Anyone around can share their experience on that matter. Thinking about cancelling long overdue item from them but they don't seem very responsive to my inquiries. Only mean of cancellation is going thru their sales email address, correct? Can't find any cancelling option on their site.

Back