InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quality of the photo looks great to me.

But, there definitely appears to be something wrong with the left eye in the photo as it appears to be out of alignment with the other eye, as well as their being a larger gap.

They really should've adopted the single eye mechanism with him already given that both this and Pennywise are releasing at the same time and Pennywise already has the individual moveable eyes.

Quality of the photo looks great to me.

But, there definitely appears to be something wrong with the left eye in the photo as it appears to be out of alignment with the other eye, as well as their being a larger gap.

They really should've adopted the single eye mechanism with him already given that both this and Pennywise are releasing at the same time and Pennywise already has the individual moveable eyes.
Probably a timeline thing more than anything since they were trying a new magnetic system for Gandalf before coming to the conclusion that it doesn't work. They already had Jokers system laying around so they just used that. At least we know with Superman that they're switching to individual eye sticks moving forward.

Probably a timeline thing more than anything since they were trying a new magnetic system for Gandalf before coming to the conclusion that it doesn't work. They already had Jokers system laying around so they just used that. At least we know with Superman that they're switching to individual eye sticks moving forward.
Sorry, but I gotta disagree with you there. If they already had the mechanism made for Pennywise then I don't see there being a reason to revert back to the PERS one that they used for TDK Joker even with not being able to get the magnetic feature working. Taking two steps back instead of one step forward with the SERS mechanism they already made for Pennywise is more is bassackwards to me.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, and this is what we're getting.

The amount of forgiveness ppl on this board give to InArt vs any other company around is quite hilarious, though. I guess it could be attributed to how well the overall package turns out, but it's still sort of baffling to me.

And you know that's what I meant.

And that's part of the issue -- so sharp you can see the flaws.
I can infer that's what you meant, but you take way better pics than I do, so it could've gone either way. I don't take good photos like Jehda's or you, so I was just appreciating how sharp it is. If you posted a similar photo, I would've said the same thing even if someone else said "that's not a good photo, Wor" :dunno

Sorry, but I gotta disagree with you there. If they already had the mechanism made for Pennywise then I don't see there being a reason to revert back to the PERS one that they used for TDK Joker even with not being able to get the magnetic feature working. Taking two steps back instead of one step forward with the SERS mechanism they already made for Pennywise is more is bassackwards to me.

At the end of the day, it is what it is, and this is what we're getting.

The amount of forgiveness ppl on this board give to InArt vs any other company around is quite hilarious, though. I guess it could be attributed to how well the overall package turns out, but it's still sort of baffling to me.
Doesn't have to do with forgiveness at all. Weird tone overall to have towards others offering another perspective or thought on it. Not every alternative view on something is ass kissing.

It's literally what they said they had to do in accordance to the magnet system failing for Gandalf. Who knows when that happened and how their timeline was setup between the two figures. Hell, maybe they were just lazy, had a few Joker eye mechanics leftover and went with that to call it a day. Again, I said I think it's a timeline thing because of what they said in their previous post regarding it.

I'm all for the single eye stick direction. Gives you more control + helps beat the wonky eye problem that might come up (although you do then get people doing wonky eyes themselves :lol) and wish it was on this as well. But by their own wording, it sounds like they had to default back to Jokers mechanism, for a reason, is what I'm pointing out. They even call it "consistent", whatever that means, but then switches to individual control for Superman so who knows.:dunno

rbAwETc.png

Makes you wonder what they're gonna be putting on Batman and Aragorn since those two figures were in the pipeline before Superman. Do they also get Jokers mechanism since Batmans production is well underway or do they switch over?

Last edited:
InArt better not screw up Aragorn. :lecture

I don't care about their other figures but that's the one I'm expecting perfection. :aragorn
I would expect the same for Aragorn unless if they can change something to improve by the time he's in production. I imagine the biggest thing would be for them to improve the eyelid thickness. Might come down to what factory they're using because I noticed the same thick eyelids on the recent Green Goblin release from Hot Toys. Even though they produced some really great thin ones on the Luke release before him. :dunno

qRPsUu9.png

Doesn't have to do with forgiveness at all. Weird tone overall to have towards others offering another perspective or thought on it. Not every alternative view on something is ass kissing.

It's literally what they said they had to do in accordance to the magnet system failing for Gandalf. Who knows when that happened and how their timeline was setup between the two figures. Hell, maybe they were just lazy, had a few Joker eye mechanics leftover and went with that to call it a day. Again, I said I think it's a timeline thing because of what they said in their previous post regarding it.

I'm all for the single eye stick direction. Gives you more control + helps beat the wonky eye problem that might come up (although you do then get people doing wonky eyes themselves :lol) and wish it was on this as well. But by their own wording, it sounds like they had to default back to Jokers mechanism, for a reason, is what I'm pointing out. They even call it "consistent", whatever that means, but then switches to individual control for Superman so who knows.

rbAwETc.png
I understand that's what they said. Doesn't mean I have to agree with the dumb decision :lol To me, that statement was just a way to try to detract from anyone saying "but why didn't you just go for individual moving eyes?" to "oh man, you guys were going to use magnets?! No way?! that's so cool!" :LOL:

As for the forgiveness comment - I'm all for different perspectives; however, I think it's pretty clear to see that most ppl are way more forgiving of any faults InArt make and way less aggressive in their criticisms for the most part. There's definitely a larger conversation to be had on the subject, but this thread is probably not the place to have it. Like I said in another thread, it could be that InArt currently are seemingly willing to listen to some feedback vs other companies who won't change anything no matter how much you shout from the roof tops. But the difference is funny to me

Last edited:
Based on that Gandalf pic, I'm more concerned about paint than eyes. I know there's a drop-off between proto and production with every figure -- that's just how it works -- but the skin tones and textures on Gandalf are looking pretty flat there when compared to the proto. Hoping it's just the lighting or that my old eyes won't be able to tell in hand. Normally I'd be thrilled, but they've kind of got my expectations sky-high on this one.

Based on that Gandalf pic, I'm more concerned about paint than eyes. I know there's a drop-off between proto and production with every figure -- that's just how it works -- but the skin tones and textures on Gandalf are looking pretty flat there when compared to the proto. Hoping it's just the lighting or that my old eyes won't be able to tell in hand. Normally I'd be thrilled, but they've kind of got my expectations sky-high on this one.

Its... Jedha-sharp!

When a knife can cut air... it's... Jedha-sharp.

When a fart stinks beyond compare... it's Jedha-sharp!!!

Back