InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from a certain point of view.
1673324344745.gif

**** me sideways.

The only feeling that I can use to describe seeing such a figure that hopefully we'll get above the 90% drop off range from this video is... Magical.

Inart definitely the next step in 1/6, this is PS1 to PS2 levels of step-up.

JND surely going to be doing the Xbox to Xbox 360.

Damn, sorry folks, but sculpted can hold the rooted's beer.
That video had the opposite effect on me where I just thought ''I don't want to ever have to fiddle with his hair''. I'll be quite happy with sculpted....if I order at all. Still not sure it's a good idea for me at this point to buy into a license I've never collected before.

His eyes are so meaningful and alive,captures his personality and soul so well. Idk how they did that,definitely some new technology and paint applications.

I think a lot of it has to do with how much details they're getting around the eyes, bags and wrinkles and idiosyncratic crimple marks really indicate a specific persona and their emotion - not to mention details on eyes are leaps and bounds a lot better than they used to be. The Iris is now being painted a lot softer instead of being so hard and defined.

EDIT: Have you ever seen a modern glass eye before? I know you're getting JND Superman, but can't remember if that's your first JND. The eyes are incredible, the Iris has depth like it's sitting in the cone of the eye ball with the Pupil further in. If you watch old video game BTSs' the technology that they have gone through for realism and believability is currently what's happening in toy making now. So eyes and teeth tend to be hallmarks of added realism, with studios like Remedy really highlighting digital dentures and eyeballs for making convincing game models.

I think a lot of it has to do with how much details they're getting around the eyes, bags and wrinkles and idiosyncratic crimple marks really indicate a specific persona and their emotion - not to mention details on eyes are leaps and bounds a lot better than they used to be. The Iris is now being painted a lot softer instead of being so hard and defined.

EDIT: Have you ever seen a modern glass eye before? I know you're getting JND Superman, but can't remember if that's your first JND. The eyes are incredible, the Iris has depth like it's sitting in the cone of the eye ball with the Pupil further in. If you watch old video game BTSs' the technology that they have gone through for realism and believability is currently what's happening in toy making now. So eyes and teeth tend to be hallmarks of added realism, with studios like Remedy really highlighting digital dentures and eyeballs for making convincing game models.
Superman is my first JND so haven't seen these new eye technology in person yet,but have seen some collectable dolls with similar eyes,iris having depth and extra detail definitely make them look alive! We are so lucky to have an opportunity to go through this evolution together. Truly feels magical!

P.S. I noticed in The Witcher 3 Next Gen they use such eyeballs now. Super detailed with glass effect. Love it so much. Loved original too but now everyone feels more alive,even background characters.

I do wonder how this will affect the custom market now. I agree these releases are incredibly infringing on the quality that customs bring at quite an astonishingly reduced cost for what you receive, although there are some customs out there that go that extra length for example in making hair look like it's spaced out and individually inserted, adding that extra depth.

But customs had precisely three things going for them: Individual bodies that anatomically depict body weight and stance, details to painting, and glued realistic hair. Especially with this release Inart seem to be ticking all those boxes and delivery for an incredibly generous price.

A bit strange considering Viper is a custom artist, I own one of his Joker heads painted and rooted by him that was, together with the sculpt, the cost of two Aragorns - and now he is leading a department which is probably under-costing in comparison. It'll be interesting to see how that market reponds, if they hold the price for what they are charging or reduce it.

Because not only this, but Inart having access, and potentially JND also, to a varied license of characters, I just can't see that market surviving in its current state.

And just like that any buyer's remorse preordering 2 rooted sculpts is gone. This is an absolute masterpiece and I can't wait to add him to my Weathertop and Amon Hen displays.
True, last night i was "ehy tf did i order premium twice?" But then i looked at the countless 200 euro figures around my desk which dont bring me joy and the 900 euro feel well spend anyway. Maybe i will gift one to my brother for his next birthday.

Back