InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, like many others, am very curious how this will turn out when it reaches the production phase. I have to wonder if they'll be able to maintain the quality en mass. Customs, by and large, are done by hand, and in of themselves, take quite a bit of time, effort and skill at an individual level. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Seeing early photos of their Joker figure seem to indicate a quality final product. I hope it is a sign of continued good things to come.

I, like many others, am very curious how this will turn out when it reaches the production phase. I have to wonder if they'll be able to maintain the quality en mass. Customs, by and large, are done by hand, and in of themselves, take quite a bit of time, effort and skill at an individual level. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Seeing early photos of their Joker figure seem to indicate a quality final product. I hope it is a sign of continued good things to come.
Based on the feedback and excitement I don't think InArt gonna disappoint any of us with the mass produced figures. They deserve all the success and praise. I don't remember any other release with such a big hype and positive feedback.

Have you guys read the newest interview with Viper? He speaks about the passion for the characters that his team has, they're a team of 30 and a new company. So this combined I think, at least for the short-term, will grant probably very close productions of the prototype. If a small new start up team have passion for what they're doing, and doing them by hand, they'll come out great.

Passion for a character and what you do can go a long way.

Anime and MJ...ugh not my cup of tea in 1/6. But happy they doing sth different than HT
Master Series will be interesting, but how could you make an Aragorn even more exclusive? hmm

I'm all for different lines and characters, same time I fear if they get too many different ones it will take longer and longer to "finish" existing lines like the Fellowship (+Saruman). The more I read the interview (We let the team decide which chars they have the passion for) the more I believe we don't get things like hobbits etc. at all - just the chars the team loves to make and want - which is only fair I guess.

That video had the opposite effect on me where I just thought ''I don't want to ever have to fiddle with his hair''. I'll be quite happy with sculpted....if I order at all. Still not sure it's a good idea for me at this point to buy into a license I've never collected before.
The sculpted is amazing too. Come on, you know you want to....everyone is doing it....just. click. Purchase....🤣

True, last night i was "ehy tf did i order premium twice?" But then i looked at the countless 200 euro figures around my desk which dont bring me joy and the 900 euro feel well spend anyway. Maybe i will gift one to my brother for his next birthday.
Hey brother. Don't forgot my birthday is next week. That's awfully nice of you!

The only downside to this figure is how it's totally sapped my enthusiasm for any non InArt figures. :lol Even the chrome Mando I'm struggling to care about and been looking to that figure for ages.

They beat Hot Toys in every category. Paint, sculpt, materials, base, articulation.
Hard Agree.
Got me looking at my other preorders like "do I really need you now?"
Hell it got me cancelling my Asmus Boromir 2.0 order as to put it near this piece of art would be insulting!

**** me sideways with a canoe!!
Sweet Christmas that looks incredible!!!!!
Dear lord, this may honestly be one of, if not the, most impressive things I have seen in 1/6 ever - hell, most lifesize wax statues don't even come close!
Inart are killing it - this is the sort of stuff that changes the landscape of the hobby/industry.

Inart like: Uncanny valley? Hold my beer…

It’s truly outstanding. Here’s to hoping 2023 is Inart’s year. Every collector would benefit from all of this going as swell as it can.

This is actually a fantastic point - something this close to a human resemblance is usually off by just enough to trigger the Uncanny valley effect, the fact that this doesn't means that they have successfully captured a human likeness well enough to avoid the uncanny valley - its seriously impressive.

It just occured to me:

what if we not only get a Ringwraith but a Ringwraith on Steed?? I would be totally in then.
Seriously curious about that Nazgul - what could they pull from the bag to elevate a figure with no head?
Steed would be a good choice.
I was thinking swap out magnetic armor/helmet/weapon parts to display it as the Witch King at Pelennor Fields or as a normal Nazgul.

Sadly it can't be a Fell Beast as the wingspan on a 1/6 one would still be 6 foot!
Awesome but absolutely impossible.

That would be another possibility. MAybe Premium version with Steed or with Helmet/Weapon of the Witch King and normal version just a standard Nazgul.

That video had the opposite effect on me where I just thought ''I don't want to ever have to fiddle with his hair''. I'll be quite happy with sculpted....if I order at all. Still not sure it's a good idea for me at this point to buy into a license I've never collected before.
Do it! (I need the company lol)

I have some figures with real hair. Some I've haired myself. Honestly there's not much upkeep but I don't move around on my figures too much. I usually find a pose I like and it'll stay that way for a good while. But even when I do repose, the futzing is very minimal to get to where I'm happy with it.

But as you've mentioned if this isn't a line or franchise you normally collect I don't know if you'd really need to go all in or even start. I feel like the passion for this level of quality should reflect the passion you have for the subject matter.

But also. If you do buy and decide its not your thing you'll have absolutely no problem selling and making a profit off it once these have sold out.

It just occured to me:

what if we not only get a Ringwraith but a Ringwraith on Steed?? I would be totally in then.
That would be a thing of beauty and would set it apart from the Asmus. Even better what if they just go straight for the jugular and give us the Witch King of Angmar.

Asmus released a steed years ago but it costs like two Aragorns on the secondary market now...no way.

So a new release from Asmus or an Inart with Steed would be hot!

Sorry for being off topic, back to Aragorn. I would really like to know how many orders they got (and compared to joker)

Back