InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just imagine what their Legolas is going to look like… wow
Me (and my purse) are trying not too!! :lol

So looking forward to this figure, went for the standard version as I’m not too fussed about rooted hair and the extra accessories would just stay in box.
Can’t wait for it to release…gonna be a long long wait! :impatient:

Figure aside, it's amazing seeing all the LOTR love still going strong. :gandalf:gandalf_w:gimli:legolas:ring:ogat:bow
LotR is timeless to me and seems to hit stronger every passing year that I sit down to watch through it. It’s the greatest trilogy of all time imo.

I’ve always wanted that definitive Aragorn figure and now he’s here. I wish I could show my younger self this and what figures of my favorite characters would be like.

Yeah I don't think anyone is saying that these other companies should go away. Competition is very much needed in this hobby. Asmus having the sole license for LOTR isn't ideal, nor would it be if Inart was the only one with the license. Comparisons to one another is natural and bound to happen in discussions like this. It happens in all forms of media and product. Phones, TVs, game consoles, etc etc. Having more options is always better for us as a customer and consumer. It's great that we even HAVE the option to compare two different figures to one another.
Well said! 👍

I don't think any of us wants asmus to shut down.
Many options are always better for us collectors! Monopoly is always bad.
I'm happy InArt got the LOTR license, as a huge fan of LOTR, I always hope to get a proper and accurate figures of the cast, with great likeness.
It can be a win win solution, where InArt can make the main cast (with superb likeness to the actors face) and other companies like asmus can make the supporting roles characters and the monsters, and many other third tier roles that doesn't really need good likeness.

I hope asmus can up their game after seeing what InArt does. They did great by making characters that no other company has done, but they need to pay more attention to details. Their latest ringwraith, supposed to be safe as they don't need to do any likeness, still suffer from inaccurate costume/robe. :(

I hope InArt release many LOTR main characters. What they have offered so far are amazing. Even hardcore asmus fans n defenders preordered this Aragorn.. again, it's a great time to be a LOTR fan! 🤘

I ordered Aragorn, but not sure if I want to order Gandalf the Grey. Gandalf the White is my favourite Gandalf.

I’m cracking open Fellowship tonight.

I’m avoiding them from now on, they entice you with great prices but are too slow getting figures in. I’m still waiting for Echo.

Sooo there is no price involved just number of figures? Wow, just get all Inart rooted hair premiums!!
Well, there is some fine print involved. After a certain amount that are around the $500 range I have to drop a figure off my total if I go over that allotment. Aragorn was my #1 order this year, so I'm looking at about 5 or 6 more on InArt's list they put out for phase 1. I may go in that direction though.

I went ahead and got the rooted hair version. This looks too good to pass up on.
Can't go wrong with either one but rooted ftw!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

That's the one! I actually replaced the Nazgul with an in scale version from the Armiess of Middle Earth models but I don't remember what company produced those, man such a shame that I no longer have most of my LOTR stuff, simpler times back then.
Play Along was the company. No longer in business sadly. I've got hundreds of them - love them. Would have been great if they had survived to do figures from the Hobbit films! Sorry for thread derail. :oops:

I feel the fire and glory when I see this post, but I'm not sure later when I have to pay for the balance.. :LOL:
If you ordered with Kit you can message him whenever and tell him how much you want to pay towards your balance. He will send you an invoice for that amount and then update you purchase order reflecting the amount you paid and balance left.

Play Along was the company. No longer in business sadly. I've got hundreds of them - love them. Would have been great if they had survived to do figures from the Hobbit films! Sorry for thread derail. :oops:
I wish I still had mine, If only I could go back in time ugh...

Anyway Aragorn looks pretty nice huh? (Don't give us a warning Asta and Snoopy) :hammerhead:

So I'm gonna need you guys to stop talking about this figure because I have to make myself forget about it for like 9 months and I keep coming back here as if it's going to magically be in my hands soon.

So I'm gonna need you guys to stop talking about this figure because I have to make myself forget about it for like 9 months and I keep coming back here as if it's going to magically be in my hands soon.
It’s only 9 months... 273 days.....6570 hours........393,120 minutes..............23,587,200 seconds..................oh crap, this is depressing

I actually do understand that and the point they were trying to make. However, the original “main point” of the argument, if you look back, was me stating that everyone all of sudden is acting like HT is making garbage figures (which, in my opinion, they aren't) when just a few short weeks ago, they were getting praise for their advancement. So really, I don't think the other member was understanding my point (given that they quoted me first), but instead replied with it not mattering how good AOTC Anakin is b/c it doesn't make their old ANH Luke look any better. No, it doesn't. But where did I say that it did? That wasn't the point I was making. The fact that they or I or anyone else for that matter want updated version of past releases that feel like THE figure to have much like this Aragorn has made many of us feel, makes no difference to the point I was making that HT is making some pretty good looking stuff these days with the examples of Padme and AOTC Anakin.

Yes, they aren't making all new versions of older figures as often as we'd like, but that wasn't MY point before the other member chimed in. Yes, they aren’t at the level of this Aragorn yet, but they're still making better quality stuff than before, regardless if it's boring/uninteresting, etc. I completely understand the want for an updated version of many others, especially ones that feel in need more than others. I even agreed that I too want better versions of some figures. But, again, that wasn't the point I was making with my original post. The other member quoted me and turned it into what you explained in your first part, while I was still trying to argue my original point that HT has made strides in quality with their figures.

And, what you quoted was in response to the OP saying "the highest quality ANH Luke doesn't hold up even to their own present day work, much less this new competition," (that I put in bold when originally responding) which is why I was saying that you can't expect an older figure to hold up to the current standards like what HT or InArt are producing now. Even in my post that you quoted, I'm still talking about quality. Not about wants and desires or whether or not HT will go back to certain past figures as that wasn't the reason for my original post.

My original post that was quoted was never about what ppl want HT to make. It was simply that they're still, for the most part, making quality, great looking items with the two examples I gave.
Oddly enough, I agree with both your point and the guy you’re disagreeing with as you’re both viewing the issue… from a certain point of view.

As happy as I was to see Padme at long long last and that super cool looking Clone Wars Obi Wan, InArt just hits different.
It’s started to almost feel like box-checking with HT Star Wars and Marvel. Just PO the newest character and move onto the next. I guess the fact I’m unlikely to see my Mace Windu till 2025 will also add to not feeling like it’s worth getting particularly excited over at the moment as well.

Whatever it is, InArt hype and the community’s enthusiasm have reinvigorated the hobby for me and you can’t put a price on that quality.

Back