InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inart were trying to implement the magnetic rolling eyes but couldn’t get it to work, JND managed to make that happen and because of that it’s apparently trash, but if InArt found a way to implement that same technology you say it’s next level. Cope harder.

Why do people feel the need to pick sides with companies over their competitors? You don’t work for them, you can acknowledge something positive without feeling like you’re doing a disservice to your favorite brand. I promise InArt doesn’t see JND or HT in the same light you do. What do you get out of being a brand mascot? I’ll acknowledge when something JND does is poorly done, I’ll do the same with InArt and Hot Toys.

i think outside of people being priced out for most of their products, they really do need to improve a lot on their figure. bruce wayne has quite a big head to me and the likeness is awfully intense but they usually soften (same issue with their 1/3 when it was initially shown off), while joker's needs a ton of refinement in both the tailoring and sculpture department. what i dislike most about jnd's approach to selling and advertising their figures are all very hands-off. i take them for the type to not care about what customers think, only if it sells. i would like some semblance of transparency with them because they've been nothing but vague as of recently. they show no indication of acknowledging complaints (if there are any)

but maybe im being spoiled by inart's open-arms to feedback

i think outside of people being priced out for most of their products, they really do need to improve a lot on their figure. bruce wayne has quite a big head to me and the likeness is awfully intense but they usually soften (same issue with their 1/3 when it was initially shown off), while joker's needs a ton of refinement in both the tailoring and sculpture department. what i dislike most about jnd's approach to selling and advertising their figures are all very hands-off. i take them for the type to not care about what customers think, only if it sells. i would like some semblance of transparency with them because they've been nothing but vague as of recently. they show no indication of acknowledging complaints (if there are any)

but maybe im being spoiled by inart's open-arms to feedback
I agree, there hasn’t been a single figure that I can recall that couldn’t use a bit of extra R&D. We’re like that, these new companies are like that, clearly. Every product can always be better no matter who’s selling. We don’t know how JND will be for their 1:6 line in terms of collector feedback, because their 1:6 work has yet to be seen in hand by any of us.

If you’ll recall, InArt didn’t accept any feedback on their Ledger Joker before it released, to the point of altering it how we wanted it. There was plenty, I and others would have told them if that had been the case. They heard people didn’t want rooted hair locked behind their highest tier, so they adjusted later, but not for the initial release, no matter how many people told them to.

It takes time for a company to learn and adapt, will JND continue to be stubborn? We don’t know, but they’ve been quiet around this whole 1:6 line so we don’t know if they’ll adjust anything or simply put up their figure and that’s that. I understand people looking into how they were regarding their statues, but that might not translate over to their figures, 1:6 is a really small scale, with a lot of intricacies that other scales don’t have to worry about, so there’s going to be a bit of a learning curve and they’ll either survive or they won’t, but I’m not going to wish a company to burn to the ground just because, grow up. People seem to have a foggy memory of InArt, they told people they’d make adjustments for Cavill Superman but only adjustments they want to, is that not JND energy?

You’re a weird dude.
Who isn’t.

Last edited:
i just hate the uncertainty of it, knowing JND and how they don't really update customers till they actually unbox their statues when its ready and on the off chance they'll include and mention they updated the sculpture and say its better than the prototype (blah blah PR stuff even though the hairlines tend to be inconsistent across their production stuff), i sure they'll do the same for 1/6. i can only hope they decide to update and be more transparent. they usually are quiet with things till its officially out or finished

I don’t like the uncertainty of it either, from any brand. A lot of us here were under the assumption that this Phoenix Joker was set in stone ready to go, until InArt told us they’d work on it a bit.

I’m extremely proud that they are going to do that, to the extent they’ll go? Uncertain, they might even tell us to **** off, perhaps not. If they end up fixing those issues you, I & others have mentioned, you bet I’ll preorder one of these instead of waiting for it later, the uncertainty of what they’ll do has made me take pause, what if they fix the collar but not the pant flare? I say these companies should give us a window to get all of the issues ironed out for every release before preorders go live. I like that InArt wants to constantly tweak things, however people who po their Pattinson Batman, don’t even know what they’re gonna get anymore it’s been tweaked so much. It’s a fine line.

I’ve placed all my InArt orders with KG.
So far I’ve received Joker Deluxe, which came around 3 weeks after OSK sent out his first batch- no issues or customs at all- and then I received my Gandalf early December, which was practically inline with OSK’s first batch release. I believe some people are still waiting for their Gandalf from OSK.
Their price for InArt tends to be one of if not the best- maybe only GunDamit beat them with Superman- so there’ll be no issue with receiving your figure in a timely manner for a decent price.

I paid for both of those upfront though to get the 3% discounts and secured very cheap shipping for Joker before we got to se how ridiculous that box was.

It really all depends on how much you’re willing to spend in addition to KG’s price to secure Kit’s renowned after-sales customer service.

I’ve only ever had one QC related issue that I raised with KG regarding a missing accessory from a PopToys samurai figure. They said they’d reach out to the supplier- but that was never resolved. Of course, I’ve had a similar issue with a 3P figure bought from OSK and didn’t get anything out of that either so, perhaps positive outcomes are more dependant on the manufacturer than the middle man reseller.

KG do however always respond to me on Facebook Messenger- usually within 24 hours- and have resolved a number of minor shipping or payment related niggles immediately so I find their poor reputation for customer services to be a little exaggerated around here.

Keep up the good work!
I gotsta get them flare on my Joker!
Thanks for this post my friend, I pre-ordered the IA premium Pattinson and 3 more hot toys figures from KG. Really appreciate your detailed reply!

, however people who po their Pattinson Batman, don’t even know what they’re gonna get anymore it’s been tweaked so much. It’s a fine line.
the whole fiasco of the event showingsat wonderfest caused a lot of confusion amongst the community and that is very fair. its not like they can change anything now for the final production when its supposedly a month away from release for influencers but i hope what they say is true that the WF figures that were shown were the same. im just not sure how the cowl changed so much from photography

KG do however always respond to me on Facebook Messenger- usually within 24 hours- and have resolved a number of minor shipping or payment related niggles immediately so I find their poor reputation for customer services to be a little exaggerated around her.
Oooo....sorry, the word we were looking for was naggers.
7e5fd3de-d281-4e69-99ee-545f6e9a470f-SP1.jpg

It's a simple equation - as long as companies are going to keep jacking up the prices, collectors are going to keep demanding higher and higher levels of accuracy to justify the cost. Competition is a great thing in general - it tends to drive down costs and drive up quality because companies are competing to be the best option for a given market. The down side of competition is that sometimes it gets out of control before the competing companies fully realize that they are altering (or even damaging) the market in the race to the top. When I first got into this hobby around fifteen years ago, $200 would have been a crazy amount to spend on a 1/6 figure. How, the only way you can spend *under* $200 Is to buy a third-party figure and even some of those are pushing hard at the $200 mark. Companies are beginning to price themselves out of reach of many collectors - and the ones who are willing to spend $1200 on a Joker 2-pack are not going to settle for anything less than (whatever they perceive to be) utter perfection. It’s a great time to be a 1/6 collector if you have a fat bank account - you can buy levels of quality that were undreamed of ten years ago - but the market will shrink because the economy is not keeping pace with the skyrocketing prices and the majority of casual collectors will be left frustrated that they cannot afford the ‘best” figures and that will ultimately turn them off from the hobby entirely.

Saw someone on fb post on InArt page to make a single joker release and to think of the collectors who only want one and don't want to spend 1k. However the comments rolled in telling him that this is a stipulation that Warner gave to InArt that they have to price their Joker line at least at 1k.

What is so hard about getting the 4 pack and then selling Arthur Fleck, Bathroom Joker, and Hospital Joker for $395 each?

That’s what I would do if I only wanted one. Keep the regular red suit Joker, sell off the rest. There are going to be a ton of people out there that want that Arthur Fleck and Bathroom Joker as standalone figures. If you do it right and split them up, you could brag about having that Murray Show Joker and the background for $350, which is a complete bargain. The fact that there is a third base thrown in to help sell it makes it even easier.

Saw someone on fb post on InArt page to make a single joker release and to think of the collectors who only want one and don't want to spend 1k. However the comments rolled in telling him that this is a stipulation that Warner gave to InArt that they have to price their Joker line at least at 1k.

It’s because of Todd Phillips.

What is so hard about getting the 4 pack and then selling Arthur Fleck, Bathroom Joker, and Hospital Joker for $395 each?

That’s what I would do if I only wanted one. Keep the regular red suit Joker, sell off the rest. There are going to be a ton of people out there that want that Arthur Fleck and Bathroom Joker as standalone figures. If you do it right and split them up, you could brag about having that Murray Show Joker and the background for $350, which is a complete bargain. The fact that there is a third base thrown in to help sell it makes it even easier.

Did you buy the Premium set...? 😲

Really why is that?

There’s not much out there but there was like a round table directors conversation and Phillips admitted that it took a while to get the film off the ground and it was due to WB wanting to merchandise the hell out of it, expectedly so. Phillips admitted that they openly asked him, “you realize we sell Joker pajamas at Target?” or something like that, and I think Phillips threatened to not proceed with the film if they were going to general merchandise. Speculation: I’m assuming they probably worked out an internal contract/agreement that if there were to be merchandise, that’d it’d have to be really expensive to essentially preserve his film.

Hence, INART coming out a long time ago and saying that there was this WB mandate they had to abide by.

Last edited:
Really why is that?
Todd is kind of…
1707092474405.gif

No peasant prices for prrrroducts from my prrrorperties!

I’m still trying to talk myself into getting the 4 pack.
I could save a fair bit by paying in full upfront at KG and securing their 60 day, slow boat shipping- but both those options seem like taking overly big risks with what would be the most expensive single purchase I’ve ever made.

Back