InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Inart usually does good on the Protos, then on the official unveiling the tweak it after feedback.

The next characters like Reeves Superman, and joker should have an easier body to make since they’re thinner. The only thing I’m nervous about is the headsculpts, but they tend to nail it anyways.

We still have a one day post countdown they might even show another 1/6 character? That would be insane.

If Cavillman received that much scrutiny, imagine Reeveman and J.Joker?

I agree with you that portraits are a certain thing with IA. They’re gonna nail them.

But everything else though…

😓😓😓😓

This is why I wish we could’ve sent them info regarding Ledgers Joker before release. You don’t even want to visit the custom forum where I’ve laid every spec of his purple coat out detail for detail for the custom run.

Even as a 3 pack - its gonna be hard to justify this one considering I have the big Blitzway statue already....
But I am up to the challenge...
Keep in mind...it's limited. Depending on how limited it is and where you're located. You probably either gonna pay a giant mark up or this guy is impossible to buy.

I can't say for sure if the higher price tag is attractive to scalpers or not, but if it's like Artisan...it would not be an enjoyable shopping experience.

There's really only two 'looks' that I like for Phoenix -- the classic Joker and the outfit he wore when he shot those guys on the train. I'd be happy with just that. Three is really excess.

Plus, the size of the box will be typical Joker crazy.

Keep in mind...it's limited. Depending on how limited it is and where you're located. You probably either gonna pay a giant mark up or this guy is impossible to buy.

I can't say for sure if the higher price tag is attractive to scalpers or not, but if it's like Artisan...it would not be an enjoyable shopping experience.
Ew,
I dont like that - never been a fan of artificial scarcity to inflate prices, its why I no longer collect steelbooks or art prints regularly and its what I really dont like about the Hot Toys artisan and limited figure runs.
Just have pre-orders open so those who want one can order and to prevent scalpers... well, scalping.

You’re missing my point. He stuck to his vision which made toys marketed for kids impossible. Yes Warner made the decision financially, but they still wanted to market a new “comic book Batman film” to kids. This is why they weren’t happy with his vision and is why he received multiple emails about it. They didn’t make him change the film, but they definitely wanted him to.
They did not want him to change his vision. He specifically pitched it as a rated R dark character drama similar to taxi driver. They knew it was a gamble and that was reflected in the relatively small budget he was given but thought it got make a splash from the fact it was so different compared to the tone of other super hero movies. The entire concept and vibe was in stone from the moment of the pitch not something he fought to stick to later. He pitched the movie, WB knew it would not be an audience that you make you’d for- therefore WB didn’t license toys.

Ew,
I dont like that - never been a fan of artificial scarcity to inflate prices, its why I no longer collect steelbooks or art prints regularly and its what I really dont like about the Hot Toys artisan and limited figure runs.
Just have pre-orders open so those who want one can order and to prevent scalpers... well, scalping.
I'm sure they will...the thing with scalpers...they always find a way. Either bot or in person camping...
This is people camping in line to pre-order that artisan Wanda the night before...and by people I mean scalpers (or at least the people they paid to be in line)
The aftermarket/mark up price for all the Artisan figures in Asia have been really high so that must be what's attracting them.
1696103233592.png

1696103257923.png

I'm sure they will...the thing with scalpers...they always find a way. Either bot or in person camping...
This is people camping in line to pre-order that artisan Wanda the night before...and by people I mean scalpers (or at least the people they paid to be in line)
The aftermarket/mark up price for all the Artisan figures in Asia have been really high so that must be what's attracting them.
View attachment 666068
View attachment 666069
Looks like a shoe release.

They did not want him to change his vision. He specifically pitched it as a rated R dark character drama similar to taxi driver. They knew it was a gamble and that was reflected in the relatively small budget he was given but thought it got make a splash from the fact it was so different compared to the tone of other super hero movies. The entire concept and vibe was in stone from the moment of the pitch not something he fought to stick to later. He pitched the movie, WB knew it would not be an audience that you make you’d for- therefore WB didn’t license toys.
Nick is on the right here...but you're not necessarily fully wrong either. They didn't want him to change his vision because at that point he already got some backing in Warner for his pitch and they already sent the go-ahead. It did take him more than a year struggling to get his pitch green-lighted. They knew it was a gamble then, but it's not like they said yes to it right away.

He credited this person specifically in the same interview above "But luckily, the head of marketing, Blair Rich, really championed it, got that it was an anti-comic book movie, so to speak. And in fairness to Warners, it’s a bold swing for a studio to take."

We must not forget the state of the DCEU in 2017-2018. This ended up raking in a billion dollars with practically no marketing. Didn’t even release in China along with the rest of the world. It didn’t get the same push that BVS did but made more.

A comic book film without a single cape in sight.

Back