InArt Phoenix Joker 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah man, I love EVERYTHING about your post. Excellent points all the way through!

I have some more I wanna touch on…but uh…talk about “The Batman” movie in the “1/6 The Batman” thread was forbidden…

🤯🤯🤯
To hell with it. Say what you’re gonna say. Worst that can happen is our conversation gets relocated to the “movies & TV” section. :lol

Mmmm, I agree with some points you made. There is the feeling that it was trying hard to be…”above” the source material.

But, it did accomplish a few things:

1- it took a character that is ALWAYS associated with The Batman and made a dark, unsettling but SOLID solo film…successfully too. It could’ve EASILY been a schlocky throw away movie. And it’s because it took itself seriously that Joaquin was able to act his *** off and get a prestigious award, NOT posthumously as well. It makes me think back to Ledgers award. Would he have been nominated had he not met his untimely passing? Comic book movies were NEVER an option during awards season…which that alone is stupid enough…but it does make you wonder.

2- it did bring attention to the failures of the American healthcare system for the mentally ill. I will sadly admit…it was never something I gave any consideration for…but after the movie it made me more aware of the flaws and wish we were better equipped to help those in need.

3- related to my 1st point: it took chances. MCU dominated the BO…but their movies were essentially the same. “Joke joke explosion joke joke explosion bam, we win.” I know it was crude and very dismissive of the MCU’s accomplishments…but personally the only movies I truly liked I can count on one hand.

-Joker showed us we can have movies separated from a connected universe and tell a…well, IMO, a compelling and interesting character study based off of a character that can kill someone with an electric buzzer.

4- it made us think and feel…conflicted?? I choose not to get into THAT convo at the moment. It’s gonna be long and we should focus on the figure itself 😅

I think King of Comedy was also one of its influences too right?
Your post was as great as batfan! :rock

batfan is always a great read so congrats lol

Last edited:
What elevated the movie for me was the score. Most movie scores these days suck so much. Think about it. Most scenes in this film you don't need words the music does it for you. The bathroom scene and the ending scene atop the police car and then there was the amazing scene in the alley way with Bruce standing there with joker laughing in the background. All amazing scenes. Not a traditional joker at all but its a great film.
It was definatly different from the standard MCU and DC stuff that was coming out. Nobody expected it to be good. You had people on weird sides for this film. Some people hated that it was Joker and that it was "humanizing" him and found the film disturbing and some people found the film to be different from the happy mcu fluff and was a breath of fresh air. The back and forth back then was wild. Lots of people thought it would incite violence. I remember they warned people about seeing it. I don't know about the sequel but this film was a great film and shows me that DC can make greatness when they want to they just don't know how to harness it properly. They have the direct means to make great films.

Not sure if I'll get this or not. I loved the movie and Joaquin's performance, but it's just not a Joker I care enough about to pay $500+ for.
No single 1/6 figure that is not the Hulkbuster is worth even $500 forget $1,000.

That being said JP Joker design is amazing as good as HL Joker.

Ok fine depending on how many heads $500 is ok I guess lol

Last edited:
Romero... Nicholson... Ledger.... Phoenix.

Your shelf....

Phoenix - Ledger - Nicholson - Romero.jpg

Keep in mind...it's limited. Depending on how limited it is and where you're located. You probably either gonna pay a giant mark up or this guy is impossible to buy.

I can't say for sure if the higher price tag is attractive to scalpers or not, but if it's like Artisan...it would not be an enjoyable shopping experience.
Hopefully he is a manageable edition size like 5000. Prime1’s ES was about 5000 but it was a very hard sell apparently but statues are different than figures I’d imagine. I used to think 5k was a lot but HTs proved me otherwise. I think it’ll be under 5k, I just hope not the 1k threshold where I’ll have to step over toes to get him

I personally wish it had more Joker stuff in it with less Arthur, no need for a Batman.

This would help with subsequent viewings imo. The film takes off brilliantly as soon as he’s arrested at the Murray show. From there on out, it’s fantastic and left me wanting more. I’m worried this sequel will divert from that unfortunately.
i feel in a sense, there would not be any or as much weight at all if we didn't take the moment to spend it with arthur and to see his shift into his joker persona. while reveling in the chaos with him was thrilling, there was always a part of me that wished he got the proper help but we know in movies, complications always arise and seemingly bad things happen the characters.

i was originally thought like this when i first went into the movie, hoping to see as much joker and chaos as possible but after subsequent viewings, I've grown to really empathize and like arthur as a character but that's the fun and joy of manipulative filmmaking can be for audience to side with the outcast. one reason why i appreciate loner cinema so much but maybe im a weirdo for that. in some parts, its almost reliability to see the isolation he has to deal with but front and center, to me the movie while delves heavily into the lack of a healthcare service being provided, but the lack of compassion people offer to others, especially when they are different and should be friendlier to others

i could probably go through the movie without the waynes, they felt shoe horned in at the end to be an essential batman character. the less waynes its involved the better, but i guess we wont have to worry about that anymore. the wayne deaths just felt so last minute to me, they could've easily removed it and it wouldn't matter or effect the plot since after he gets his nose caved in by thomas wayne, he settles that returning to his second father isn't an option unless they bring up the murders in the sequel but we'll see.

it does suck for DC though, they seemingly royally ****** up their main universe by having such a divided fan base and a convoluted storyline where almost a 3rd of the base is snyder nuts and the rest just seemingly don't care. more people put way more attention attention to DC's elseworld projects. its both a good and bad thing

Your post was as great as batfan! :rock

batfan is always a great read so congrats lol

Thanks, jyecat. Luv u.

Not sure if I'll get this or not. I loved the movie and Joaquin's performance, but it's just not a Joker I care enough about to pay $500+ for.

I’m actually very torn on it because, for one thing, when this was supposed to be coming out, I never in a million years imagined an InArt Reeve Superman would be coming at the same time and, as much as I loved the movie, Reeve wins that battle in my wallet every time…

But also, I really want to see what all this release entails because, I’ll be honest, there are really only two things I would’ve wanted to see out of a Joker figure and that’s his chair from the Murray Franklin show and two different sculpts. One smiling with that ****-eating grin and the other with the post-shooting blood spatter on his face and that intensity. For me, that would be the true test and I wouldn’t even want movable eyes on that one. I’d just want them to put every bit of their technical know how into making the eyes look as real and life-like as possible. That entire scene, the performance was carried almost entirely by his eye contact and I’ve always wanted to see that on a shelf.

If they were going to do a two-pack, I’d have wanted Arthur on the subway after he lost his job and right before he killed those guys. The cheesy wig and that forlorn look on his face. I’m very curious to see just how in depth they go with this and, if they were willing to go this in depth and to such lengths to secure this license, it makes me wonder how far they’re willing to go in the future to compete. Everybody seems to think that Nicholson from Hot Toys was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I would die to see him get the super deluxe, *high* high-end treatment.

Everybody seems to think that Nicholson from Hot Toys was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I would die to see him get the super deluxe, *high* high-end treatment.

I would love to see that too... despite the fact that HT's Nicolson Joker (Parade) is still one of HT's top 3 figures ever made.

I agree with all of your points, actually. Like I said, the gambit paid off and Phoenix’s performance was stellar. I think my line of thinking is more directed at Phillips seemingly trying to reinvent himself as an auteur when, like I said, we’re not really covering new territory here. The lost American Everyman falling between the cracks has been a tried and true archetype in cinema for a long ass time. You had your Travis Bickles and Rupert Pupkins in the ‘80s, Michael Douglas’ D-Fenz in the ‘90s, and now Arthur today, and I’m sure tons of others that I’ve forgotten.

Phillips made a very good film, no doubt about it. It looks good, the performances are good, the writing’s pretty solid, but it’s also a very safe film. Yeah, Phoenix won. Of course he won. There was no universe where he didn’t win because that movie genuinely felt like, to characterize it differently, an acting reel someone would submit to get into drama school. It was almost calculated in how central to everything Arthur was. Everybody else was good, but existed within the confines of the periphery and, thematically, it works because you’re seeing the world through Arthur’s eyes. Nevertheless, it was two-hours of film stock Todd Phillips gave Joaquin and told him “chew it up and spit it out.”

I think it was very much a film that sort of enthralled audiences and was very much of the zeitgeist. You had the element of “how can a Joker movie work without Batman” and that capitalization on the popularity of comic book movies, you had the controversy of “is this going to inspire a contagion effect in incels and angry young white men to commit mass shootings (frankly, I don’t think that would’ve even been a thought had it not been for James Holmes shooting up an actual Batman movie in 2012),” and then, you had the social commentary that was very relevant with, like you said, mental health and inequality and class.

It’s really interesting to me, though, how filmmakers like Todd Phillips and Adam McKay made the leap from movies like Old School and Anchorman to Joker and The Big Short. On paper, you don’t really understand it, but then when you take a step back, it sort of makes perfect sense. Old School, The Hangover, Talladega Nights; they’re all very “bro-y” movies and the dynamics of, like, Joker and The Big Short are sort of the dark side of that “bro-y” dynamic. The whole Andrew Tate incel thing is very much of that culture of podcasts and entitlement and, in the case of The Big Short…actually, I retract that. There’s nothing “bro-y” about Wall Street, whatsoever.:lol

Anyway, I’ve effectively talked myself in a circle and contradicted myself along the way (I’m presently like, “huh, maybe it had more to say than I thought.” :lol ), but I’mma post it anyway cause it’s fun.

What I find bizarre was the ‘controversy’ surrounding this film and the potential danger that came with it. (first time I went thru a metal detector at the Alamo in NYC…thanks a lot you incel weirdos and that d-bag James ***holmes)

I think it’s safe to say Travis Bickle was one of the original or probably THE OG incel put on film. Because of social media providing a platform for these…extremists to extend their reach to others, I wonder what kind of reception “Taxi Driver” would have received had social media existed back then.

I find that “2 hour film stock of Todd letting JP go wild” very amusing. I don’t know if you’re familiar with red letter media. Their review on “Joker” was entertaining to watch, even though I disagree with many of their nit picky points…one of the reviewers ‘Mike’ said something along the lines of “theres not one second of film that Joaquin isn’t in” 😂😂

And that bizarre connection with these polar opposite films and the film makers behind them…🤯🤯🤯

Super interesting and VERY eye opening! I just looked at it like “theres an egomaniac behind every director, even the ones that don’t appear to be” 🤣

I’m actually very torn on it because, for one thing, when this was supposed to be coming out, I never in a million years imagined an InArt Reeve Superman would be coming at the same time and, as much as I loved the movie, Reeve wins that battle in my wallet every time…

But also, I really want to see what all this release entails because, I’ll be honest, there are really only two things I would’ve wanted to see out of a Joker figure and that’s his chair from the Murray Franklin show and two different sculpts. One smiling with that ****-eating grin and the other with the post-shooting blood spatter on his face and that intensity. For me, that would be the true test and I wouldn’t even want movable eyes on that one. I’d just want them to put every bit of their technical know how into making the eyes look as real and life-like as possible. That entire scene, the performance was carried almost entirely by his eye contact and I’ve always wanted to see that on a shelf.

If they were going to do a two-pack, I’d have wanted Arthur on the subway after he lost his job and right before he killed those guys. The cheesy wig and that forlorn look on his face. I’m very curious to see just how in depth they go with this and, if they were willing to go this in depth and to such lengths to secure this license, it makes me wonder how far they’re willing to go in the future to compete. Everybody seems to think that Nicholson from Hot Toys was a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but I would die to see him get the super deluxe, *high* high-end treatment.

giphy.gif

Back