In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, Indy standing up as everything is swirling around and chunks of debris look like they are within inches of taking his head off but he never flinches may be one of the worst on screen effects of ANY Indy movie I have ever seen! And thats from a movie with giant ants, rubber snake rope and tarzan swing!

That is probably the worst-directed scenes in Spielberg's entire career. It's like he was heavily sedated that day or something. Just awful, awful stuff.

Is that confirmed, though. Or was it just fan speculation? Oxley is even in the Frank Darabont draft, so I wouldn't say exactly "11th hour".

The real problem with Oxley is that his existence removed any agency from Indiana Jones. He's the main character, he should be driving the action.

Instead, throughout most of the movie, he's just retracing Oxley's steps.

"ooh, I think Oxley did this. Oxley figured this out. We're hot on the trail of Oxley!"

Yawn.

The main issue I took with the character is he's ultimately pretty useless and amounts to nothing in the long run.

You could delete him from the film and it'd have pretty much no effect at all on the plot or anything.

With the recent news of a possible reboot, it'll be interesting to see the reactions from fans if it gets made and to see where it's ranked among the rest of the series.

With the recent news of a possible reboot, it'll be interesting to see the reactions from fans if it gets made and to see where it's ranked among the rest of the series.

What reboot news? ....is there anything real other than people guessing that Disney 'might' decide to do it in the future.

The bigger news is the rumours that Ford's Star War 7 negotiation may have had some Indy related stuff in there.

I didn't say it was definite, just that it was some of the latest news on the series.

Wasn't saying you were stating it was definite ....just hadn't heard anything at all.

I actually saw something today though about a possible reboot ...so who knows....

What reboot news? ....is there anything real other than people guessing that Disney 'might' decide to do it in the future.

The bigger news is the rumours that Ford's Star War 7 negotiation may have had some Indy related stuff in there.

There was a big news article on Wednesday, but it was quashed on Thursday by official sources as nothing but an unsubstantiated rumor.

Agree, I'm not against good reboots for series that can use it but Indy is definitely not one of those, IMO.

Agree, I'm not against good reboots for series that can use it but Indy is definitely not one of those, IMO.

So many high-profile (and utterly pointless) remakes and reboots lately have tanked, I hope Hollywood gets the message (Robocop, Total Recall, etc.)

It's more understandable, though, for the big franchises like "Trek." It was only a matter of time before someone took a stab at that. I fear that with Indy it's just a matter of when, not if.

I think the word reboot is being misused too often. Wouldn't they just recast Indy? A reboot means they throw out the old continuity and set the new stuff in a new ficitional universe set apart from what came before. Let's say they recast Indy and set these films before, between, and after the movies we already have. Are they going to pretend Shorty, Willie, Marion, and Elsa aren't characters? Did Indy never find the Ark, the Sankara Stones, the Grail, or the Crystal Skull? If not, then it's a reboot. But otherwise it's just a recast.

I'm opposed to both to be honest but I guess a recast would be better than a reboot.

None of the Bond actors ruined Sean Connery's run.
No subsequent Indiana Jones actor will ruin Harrison Ford's run.

I want more Indy ....set them before Raiders since Ford was already early 30s there....or set them after Last Crusade since there is a 20yr gap between that and Crystal Skill.

I saw a live one man comedy show last night where the dude did a run through of all 3 original movies by himself on stage, complete with switching characters and uncannily good accents :D

I want more Indy ....set them before Raiders since Ford was already early 30s there....or set them after Last Crusade since there is a 20yr gap between that and Crystal Skill.

Call me too attached to Ford in the role, but without him reprising the character I don't know if this would sit well with me.

Back