In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford. Very much unlike the other examples, where the character has always transcended the actor(s) playing them.

I do agree, but Harrison Ford is only Harrison Ford. Not so much difference with him, but an Indy film is not an Indy film without Ford. Much because its just him.
Now the original makers have let us down. So don`t think the next one will make the same Indy feeling as the old ones.

As i mentioned in previous posts, we all love Ford in the role of indy. It would have to be him or nothing. Shia even holding his fedora was scary, tom selleck in the role would have been
A very different main character. Harrison Fords influence on the character of indiana jones is what is responsible for making it iconic. It's as simple as that.
They will have to pull their finger out though, the last one was already six years ago, and nobody's holding their breath for the next indy adventure.

I think the fourth is a good series finale anyway, the way it ends it feels like Indy had one last epic adventure. Maybe it's best to end things on a good note while you can.

Change Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones with Sean Connvery / James Bond and you have this same conversation in the late 60s.
Bond survived and thrived post Connery and Indy would do the same post Ford.
You'll always have the classics and whatever Craig does in 2015 in no way destroys what Connery did in 1965.

Not the same thing at all. Bond is a literary figure. Connery was simply an actor playing Bond - which many people would have imagined very differently based on the source material. Indiana Jones was written for the screen and a lot of what's in the character was created by Harrison Ford. You can't separate Jones from Ford in the same way. A reboot might work, but I'm with the people that say why bother? Just create a different franchise based on an explorer.

Not the same thing at all. Bond is a literary figure. Connery was simply an actor playing Bond - which many people would have imagined very differently based on the source material. Indiana Jones was written for the screen and a lot of what's in the character was created by Harrison Ford. You can't separate Jones from Ford in the same way. A reboot might work, but I'm with the people that say why bother? Just create a different franchise based on an explorer.

Connery was Bond to a generation of people. People learned to accept other actors playing the role....including Craig who is nothing like any of the others.

Connery was Bond to a generation of people.

I don't think that's an apt assessment.

For some perspective, let's look at it this way…

To start, and to say nothing of what any fan of the books may have thought about Connery, he played Bond in 5 movies in a 5 year time span and was immediately replaced with two other actors for the next 4 years before returning to the role in 1971. 5 years doesn't make a generation. ;)

In the past 33 years there has only been one actor to play Indiana Jones (as an adult) in that series of movies. The world has only known the one Indiana Jones. In the same period, there have been 5 actors who have played James Bond, something everyone was already quite used to in 1981 when the first Indy movie was released.

In the past 33 years there has only been one actor to play Indiana Jones (as an adult) in that series of movies. The world has only known the one Indiana Jones. In the same period, there have been 5 actors who have played James Bond, something everyone was already quite used to in 1981 when the first Indy movie was released.

Indeed. Ford is just too iconic in the role to be that easy recasted.

#5 is definitely the best. You guys without a time machine will have to wait it out.

Maybe buy the time the next one is made the mcguffin will be a time machine and the film set in 1985? So indy can go back in time, when he was in his prime and make
Another f'n film :lecture

Maybe buy the time the next one is made the mcguffin will be a time machine and the film set in 1985? So indy can go back in time, when he was in his prime and make
Another f'n film :lecture

Maybe he meets Doc and Marty in 1955 and travels with them to 1985 ?

Minus the TERRIBLE monkey scene, I thoroughly enjoyed Chrystal Skull. I left the cynic outside the theater.

My ranking would be...
Best: Last Crusade
all others are Great!

1. Last Crusade
2. Raiders
3. Temple

Just those three. Yep. Just those three.

Raiders is, objectively, the best movie. And Temple is the reason I became an Indy fan in the first place. But I went with Last Crusade, the one Indy movie I could watch over and over...and over again. ;)

I heard a rumor recently that George Lucas wanted to change the name of #3 to "The Second to Last Crusade"

Back