[iminime] Trekking into theDark - Brash Captain|Vulcan First Officer NEW SCULPT PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, here's my photoshopped "fix":

Kirk.jpg

What I did:

- made the forehead wider on either side, or receded the hairline on the sides, however you want to call that
- "Painted" over the moles on the left cheek: Pine has them, Kirk doesn't
- changed the eyes
- edited the lips

Now, the first three are just paint really. An easy fix.

The third, all I did was take the left side of the lip (our left, not his), mirrored it over the right, then stretched it by all of about 2%. The stretching may not have even been needed. It's just a little off on the right, and needs a few paint touchups. No biggie!

The prototype likeness is off. lol. Look at them objectively. It's clear which one LOOKS more like Pine

Well, maybe it's the lack of paint on the prototype that makes it hard to tell. But the mouth looks better on the proto.

Kirk.jpg

What I did:

- made the forehead wider on either side, or receded the hairline on the sides, however you want to call that
- changed the eyes
- edited the lips

The third, all I did was take the left side of the lip (our left, not his), mirrored it over the right, then stretched it by all of about 2%. The stretching may not have even been needed. It's just a little off on the right, and needs a few paint touchups. No biggie!

Yes, the mouth fix is an improvement...as well as his eyes looking forward instead of up. Makes him look less angry.

I think this needs another round of tweaks as mentioned above. Not a jaw dropper like Spock. We also need to see a profile shot.

Kirk.jpg

What I did:

- changed the eyes
- edited the lips

We have a winner. :hi5:
It's amazing what a few small tweaks can do to improve the likeness.
Hopefully these small revisions will be taken into consideration.

Nicely done, Capn. I also think if the hair color was lighter, it might help with the likeness. Kirk's hair in these new movies is pretty light, almost blonde in some images. I tweaked the color a little...

Hey, Wake...are your figures numbered? If so, is the a chance of getting matching numbers for both Kirk & Spock?

Thanks for the info, Wake. I'll be pre-ordering Kirk either today or tomorrow.

How long is the pre-order window open for? I'd like to get them both but some real world stuff is gonig to make it be a while before I have the funds.

Should be ok for awhile......a lot of figures that they are coming out with. Then again who really knows

The original prototype was great but in my opinion this latest sculpt is a much closer likeness. I think it is great and I will be very satisfied with this new sculpt. If Denny and crew want to tweak it some more that's fine but it is great. I do agree the hair should be lighter though.

Hey Wake is there anyway Denny would offer a second shirt with the Brash Captain set? The shirt I'm talking about is the black long sleeve shirt he wears in movies 1 and 2.

Hey Wake is there anyway Denny would offer a second shirt with the Brash Captain set? The shirt I'm talking about is the black long sleeve shirt he wears in movies 1 and 2.

Check Spenser's Trek thread. :)

Back