Trek Brash Captain|Vulcan First Officer Dragon Bash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
I attended Famcon yesterday and picked up the Trekking into the Dark - Brash Captain | Vulcan First Officer Heads. Like a lot of freaks I have limited funds and decided to forgo the purchase of the custom uniform sets. Instead I decided to use the Dragon figure bodies and uniforms which are widely available. The Dragon bodies are not as articulated and I may I some point switch them out.

These are the steps I took to make the head swap.

I pulled off the dragon heads which have the neck adaptor molded with the head.

I used a Dremel cut off wheel to remove the bottom portion of the head/neck adaptor. As all you will need from this head is the inner neck plug I continued to Dremel to remove the plug.

I used a Hot Toys neck adaptor. First I removed the inner neck plug by separating the adaptor at the seam lines. I will use this neck plug on another custom head.

I continued to Dremel the Dragon plug to fit the Hot Toys adaptor. Once I got it to fit into the Hot Toys neck adaptor I used super glue to perm. affix it. I also glued the neck adaptor seam lines.

I flat grinded the new heads to sit lower into the neck socket.

I glued the new neck adaptor to the new heads as they both have a large predrilled hole.

Once al the glue dried I reattached the new heads to the Dragon Bodies. You will need to adjust the inner turtleneck to cover the seam between the neck adaptor and head.

I think I will buy a couple of black turtlenecks to ride higher on the neck like the custom uniforms.

DSCN1931.JPG

DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN1932.JPG

DSCN1934.JPG

DSCN1936.JPG

DSCN1938.JPG

DSCN1939.JPG

Last edited:
Back