If you are one of the lucky 75 will you trade it for....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodie The Cursed said:
I have both Doom and Classic Spidey. :D
This is the only Marvel PF I'll ever need:

71611_press02-001.jpg

7161_press01-001.jpg

:rock :rock :rock

i cannot wait for this Captain America PF. I have no room right now but definitely make one for him :rock

Khev said:
I would like to clarify that I'm not knocking the Spidey when you look at it as part of a Marvel PF collection. Obviously you wouldn't want to trade it away in that case. I just think he's less like Captain America or Lurtz and closer to the Frodo PF. An integral PF as far as the character is concerned but not jaw-droppingly cool.

I agree. The character and the ES carry A LOT of weight though...

this classic spidey looks really great,and is the diffinitive ss 1/4 spideythat sideshow will ever release to there collectors so if you have one i'd keep it.it will be up there with gray hulk and cap.if your missing a piece just save up and buy it..of course if your not a spidey fan then do what you want

SolidLiquidFox said:
The most fair trade at the moment would be Gray Hulk PF for a Classic Spidey PF.

179 vs 75 ES balances out the $125 difference in price.

I myself would consider that trade.

I also think that would be a good trade. I think the 2 will be relatively equal on the aftermarket. The $125 price difference is counterbalanced by the more than double ES, as you said.

so anyone have any pics of Spidey in black and red in the comics? someone said Larsen did him that way in the 90s, but i wouldn't call that a "classic" era.

anyway congrats to those who got him. he looks pretty good in black and gotta love the ES!

SolidLiquidFox said:
I agree. The character and the ES carry A LOT of weight though...
Yep. Should allow you a second chance at the Grey Hulk. :)

As for Spidey, to me he's trade bait. I was wowed by the initial coolness of the red and black, but its too much of a stretch to have the same resonance as Golden Age Cap and Grey Hulk.

The Hulk really was grey in his first appearance. Cap really did have a diamond shield and half-cowl. In Spidey's case his suit wasn't red and black, his eyes were smaller and there was webbing under his arms. The PF really is an Erik Larsen early 90's Spider-Man. Too much explaining, too random, not iconic enough (or accurate enough if you really want it to be iconic or "classic" as SSC claims.)

I'm sure the ES will cause more than one person with Grey Hulk on pre-order to be duped into thinking the Spider-Man is more special and be willing to trade for it.

I also imagine that the secondary market value will be about the same for each, maybe even higher for the Spidey. Depends on how many people are willing to make the leap from "cool" to "iconic".

Mookeylama said:
so anyone have any pics of Spidey in black and red in the comics? someone said Larsen did him that way in the 90s, but i wouldn't call that a "classic" era.

anyway congrats to those who got him. he looks pretty good in black and gotta love the ES!
spiderman25web.jpg

speedracer said:
I don't know if it's my eyes but that still looks blue to me albeit a darker hue but blue nontheless..:)
yeah, its kinda in the eye of the beholder I guess you could say.
Many comic artists/colorists used to use dark blue in highlights of black. A good exaple is Spawn. Blue highlights in his art too and I know his suit is black, not blue.

i thing this should be in the for sale section.

everybody testing the water for what it might be worth..:lol

ebay it to find the true value..:confused:

Not much to add to what we all have mentioned already except for this:

If the item on Friday turns out to be a Symbiote variant of this same piece watch the price on this piece go up considerably and keep a close eye on Green Goblin PF (1200 ES). I think that piece will start moving pretty well since it's the perfect compliment to this one (regardless of which version you get).

SolidLiquidFox said:
Not much to add to what we all have mentioned already except for this:

If the item on Friday turns out to be a Symbiote variant of this same piece watch the price on this piece go up considerably and keep a close eye on Green Goblin PF (1200 ES). I think that piece will start moving pretty well since it's the perfect compliment to this one (regardless of which version you get).

sounds about right..=)

spiderman8-17-06008.jpg

Another one on ebay as a 1 day auction with 16 hours to go. Number on it shows #61 in the outside box. Not many low numbers reported yet.

Also notice the similar sticker on the product box just like with the Gray Hulk Vs Spidey diorama.

wow. a $200 profit. a true flipper that person is. Obviously he doesn't care how much profit he makes as long as there is profit to me made. Foolish for him but lucky for the winning person.

Back