If you are one of the lucky 75 will you trade it for....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
Doom Exclusive
X-men vs Sentinel Exclusive
Iron man comiquette Exclusive
..or maybe even a Daddy Balrog

...will it be reasonable? what are your thoughts?

All those pieces are more established than Classic Spidey PF.......for now.

You can always get a big Spidey fan that doesn't care for Doom or the Sentinel Vs piece to trade you for it. It's worth a shot in the S/B/T forum.

Daddy Balrog??? :lol

Last edited:
so are you saying you'll trade one of those pieces to get a B/R Spidey? or vice versa?

at first i thought "For a DaddyRog?", but then again, there are 1000 DaddyRogs and only 75 B/R Spideys. :monkey1

occulum said:
so are you saying you'll trade one of those pieces to get a B/R Spidey? or vice versa?

at first i thought "For a DaddyRog?", but then again, there are 1000 DaddyRogs and only 75 B/R Spideys. :monkey1

vice versa. Just wanting to know the trade value on this item.

...Solid...i know..but there are some Daddy Rog owners that probably would love to get this limited statue and then probably later on buy another Daddy Rog :)

If I needed those, I would trade for Doom PF Ex or X-men Ex. I would do Gray Hulk vs Spidey too plus a couple hundred cash on top. I'm sure some Gray Hulk owners want more cash than that though, but it'd be a starting offer.

The most fair trade at the moment would be Gray Hulk PF for a Classic Spidey PF.

179 vs 75 ES balances out the $125 difference in price.

I myself would consider that trade.

I was giving some thought over the Gray Hulk PF too. I'd keep the Spidey. There's still double the number of Hulks even though we are talking small ES to begin with.

I totally forgot about Sm. When SS does some thing like this, dosen't it make the regular edition obsolete? IMO, SS should just do chase figures. Then people WILL HAVE to take a chance, buy the regular edition, instead of it collecting dust in the warehouse.

IMO, the Grey Hulk dio is alot cooler. I don't care for statues in tights. heh

The thing about the Doom, Hulk, and Cap PF's is that they are, hands down, the definitive statue collectibles for those characters, and may be for years on end.

With the Spidey PF that isn't the case, even the red/black. Dr. Doom, Hulk, and Cap are jaw-dropping in their awesomeness. Classic Spidey is cool but it really does once again come down to the ES. Which means you have to explain to someone why its cool. They don't get that at first glance like they do with the former three.

Its neat that SS labels it as "classic", and it would certainly look neat next to Grey Hulk and Golden Age Cap, but it still doesn't really look like Spidey did in his first appearance. His outfit is clearly red and blue in Amazing Fantasy #15.

So basically, if you have one of the 75 and someone offers to trade you a Doom or Grey Hulk for it, by all means take them up on it.

If my wait list ever got converted and someone wanted to trade me Dr. Doom for Spidey, I would do it in one second.

If I had a Classic Spidey I wouldnt trade it for Doom. Im not even a small fan of Doom, but I'm a HUGE Spidey fan so there you go.

I might consider trading spidey for the Xmen Vs Sentinel though since the light up feature is just awesome and Cyclops is badass.

Khev said:
So basically, if you have one of the 75 and someone offers to trade you a Doom or Grey Hulk for it, by all means take them up on it.
I would like to clarify that I'm not knocking the Spidey when you look at it as part of a Marvel PF collection. Obviously you wouldn't want to trade it away in that case. I just think he's less like Captain America or Lurtz and closer to the Frodo PF. An integral PF as far as the character is concerned but not jaw-droppingly cool.

Back