If money was no object would you try and get every Hot Toy figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shells075

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I often think if I won the lottery or something like that, I would try and get every single Hot Toy figure. MMS, DX, VGMS etc.
Well we all got dreams, mine is maybe a bit of a sad one but hey.

No, they've made a lot of shelf warmers: New Goblin, Tonto, Prince of Persia, Mandarin, Clash of the Titans, etc.

Of course.
I'd just sell the stuff I don't need/like for a higher price later.

j/k

No, if money were no object I would move on to the higher end sixth scale customs and have more of a museum look versus a collection look.

I wouldn't buy literally every Hot Toys figure but I would certainly buy with a lot more freedom.

-Marty McFly wouldn't currently be in my FS thread and I'd be buying the Delorean
-I would undoubtedly have a full set of Avengers and I'd have a Hulk VS Hulkbuster set-up
-I'd probably collect OT Star Wars
-I would go even more mad with Terminator and Robocop variants
-I'd jump on every Terminator/Robocop related custom project
-I'd buy everything on my ebay watchlist - if the item ended up being wrong or ill-suited it wouldn't matter
-I'd commission every diorama I've ever wanted

And money being no object presumes I have the space for all this so....

I had just about every figure but started selling off some in the past few years. Unloaded the VGM completely and some military. I still have the bootleg versions of Neo and Mission Impossible Cruise.

No.
Who needs fifty different versions of Captain America ...or any Marvel movie character?

No. I have a strict rule of one (one character, one figure). However, that rule does apply to different scales (I'm looking at you 1/4 Mk43).

I often think if I won the lottery or something like that, I would try and get every single Hot Toy figure. MMS, DX, VGMS etc.
Well we all got dreams, mine is maybe a bit of a sad one but hey.
i think you should begin to slowly stop collecting :lol

You don't need to be filthy rich to get every Hot Toy but as others have said there are some lackluster releases along the way up to the MMS350 standard releases plus the other DX, VGS, QS etc. lines.

I've had a system of acquiring figures since I started collecting and have been successful in obtaining every HT on my want list. The bigger issue is the space to display all of the figures in a way to really show and appreciate all of the quality these collectables have to offer.

I could shove 200 HT figures on six shelves but they would just look like a hot mess and not really give you the ability to visually enjoy each piece. In my opinion it really does not do these pieces justice smashed all together.

I have a large man cave and try to section off my three core sets. All DC figures, Star Wars then the Marvel collection and I do not like mixing them for my bit of OCD(like keeping the peas separate from the carrots) Then when you add on the vehicles and diorama pieces you are really challenged for ways to show off the collection. All of the batman vehicles, bat signal and armory along with the Dewback, Tauntauns, speeder bike and Cantina pieces take up a huge amount of space.

If money was not a problem, I'd give up figure collecting, buy a mansion and six different Lamborghinis.

Back