If money was no object would you try and get every Hot Toy figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I wouldn't buy any Star Wars figures, I also wouldn't buy any of the Iron Man figures, no matter how cheap they were.

If you change the question and add " ...that you like?" to the end, then yes. The question phrased that way would make more sense.

I would buy a lot more but not EVERY one that strikes me. For example, I don't have any stormtroopers from Star Wars. But if money was no object, maybe i'd buy a 2 pack or any really neat looking variant. I only have one Iron Man. Money's no object, so maybe i'd have my 3-4 favorite suits he's worn? An expansion for sure, but everything, no, that's wasteful. And my wife would have a cow that I don't want to milk lol.

If you change the question and add " ...that you like?" to the end, then yes. The question phrased that way would make more sense.
Ditto, but you know there are some people who like everything that Hot Toys makes and in their eyes the company can do no wrong.

Believe it or not, even if the figure was free, there's just some figures that I simply have no interest in having in my collection.

So the answer to the initial question would be no. :lol

Ditto, but you know there are some people who like everything that Hot Toys makes and in their eyes the company can do no wrong.

Ah, well if they like a particular company the best, I'm sure they have their reasons for that.

Unless manufactured with no basis, I tend to believe that stereotypes and reputations exist for a reason.

If i had that kind of money, i would buy some of their TDK/TDKR figures and definitely get every Vehicle from the Line. Nothing else HT have made the past 2 years or so interest me.
I would just collect high end stuff and probably commissioned someone to create something i always wanted, but never had the chance to own.

Nah I'd probably just stick to the characters I really like. Saves space.

Nah. My disinterest in 47 slightly different Iron Man toys transcends cost. I buy most all I actually want as it is. Might spring for an overpriced custom or two, though. Saw a custom Anton Chigurh once I quite liked.

Guns, on the other hand ... all of 'em. There will come a time.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
No. There's this weird thing that happens with me and collectibles...the more I have the less I enjoy individual figures. I love obsessively editing my collection to keep it super lean and tight, referencing my fandom with only personal favourites.

I actually tested it recently with Hot Toys Star Wars. Nope. Just doesn't work for me.

I would certainly buy with more freedom. I have pretty good petty cash resources now if I really want to buy more, but choose rather to focus on more 'important' things like getting my mortgage down, and having backup slush funds should I need them in a financial or medical emergency. So I'm sure as it is now I could find a way to fund the things on my 'dream list', and still easily afford to pay my bills and eat... but winning lotto or acquiring a huge inheritance would make that dream list an easy reality.

Would I buy everything in existence? definitely not. But I would complete more MCU lineups, buy single figures I randomly like, go back through the historically released Arnies and get the ones I missed, the elusive Avengers Loki and Predator Dutch I wish I had... Purchasing all the 1/4 scale Hot Toys Iron Men would be mandatory.

No, for the simple fact that they are up to 350 MMS releases now and that's just too many figures for me to want to display. A bit over the top.

No, for the simple fact that they are up to 350 MMS releases now and that's just too many figures for me to want to display. A bit over the top.

It's even worse. Throw in the DX and 1/4 and VG and military and so on and it's well over 400. And it's pretty hard to display even half. I've got them all and like 70% are in storage and another fair bit are still in boxes. I rotate my displays and am always adding places to display them but there's just so many.

Back