I want YOU for the Steel Brigade!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mando, have you put your own together yet???

I have most of the parts for them here and there, plus 'FACE hooked me up with his extra sweater
icon14.gif
, but that's about it so far nothing really assembled. I've just got a couple other things on the agenda atm and I gotta knock out Orc's.

Silver or Gold...
:lsvader

I just got my head today Mando :rock It rocks. Very well done. Looks even better in person (don't they always?).

Mando, if you're going to do a second run I definitely want in!

I've been looking for that blue barbie sweater everyone has been using but to no luck.
I did find this:
https://www.vikingplayground.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2448&idcategory=62
The color is a bit off, I really would prefer the lighter blue everyone has been using.

The vest is an issue too, but I'm sure I have a Ultimate Soldier Vietnam flak vest somewhere. Like the sweater, it's not an ideal solution.
Buttmunch said:
Hey, I was able to get a STARS vest so if anyone is in need of a vest, my first vest is available.
Is that one better then the Toy Soldier Vietnam flak vest? I was thinking about getting one but there's writing all over the back.

I actually just bought that sweater from Viking. I'm not liking the baby blue of the Barbie sweater. Plus when I was trimming the fat down, I ended up with the sleeves too short. So I had to go with teh rolled up sleeves look.

I like the STARS vest better, but the other one wasn't bad. I just kept wanting to use a STARS vest belt that I cut off another STARS vest, so it just made sense to go with the STARS vest. I haven't been able to get the writing off yet, but even if I don't, Special Tactics and Rescue Services isn't a bad thing to have on the back.

I got my head today, its freaking awesome. Fantastic work Mando.
Like Buttmunch said, it looks even better in person. Which shows you how good this baby is, cause even in pictures it look outstanding.
:rock:rock:rock:rock

I actually just bought that sweater from Viking. I'm not liking the baby blue of the Barbie sweater. Plus when I was trimming the fat down, I ended up with the sleeves too short. So I had to go with teh rolled up sleeves look.

I like the STARS vest better, but the other one wasn't bad. I just kept wanting to use a STARS vest belt that I cut off another STARS vest, so it just made sense to go with the STARS vest. I haven't been able to get the writing off yet, but even if I don't, Special Tactics and Rescue Services isn't a bad thing to have on the back.

Ah, I see. You won't likely see the writing with him facing front on the shelf anyways.
I'm going to keep looking out for the Toy Soldier, HT Billy Sole, or the Wild Work vests, one is bound to turn up.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that sweater works out, please post some pics when you got him together!

The baby blue sweater doesnt look too bad, besides its the color of the original figure. Though to tell you the truth, Im contemplating changing the sweater to the navy blue one. I got one from VP just in case I decide to change it.

I just got my head today Mando :rock It rocks. Very well done. Looks even better in person (don't they always?).

Like Buttmunch said, it looks even better in person. Which shows you how good this baby is, cause even in pictures it look outstanding.
:rock:rock:rock:rock

:yess: I was hoping a few of them would arrived today as the helmets make their trek throughout the west/midwest and abroad.
Glad you guys dig them! :rock2 Now how's about some pics! :D

Mando, if you're going to do a second run I definitely want in!

No precise news about about the second run, not even taking names at the moment, but it is a go at some point in 2010.

:rock:rock:rock

:yess: I was hoping a few of them would arrived today as the helmets make their trek throughout the west/midwest and abroad.
Glad you guys dig them! :rock2 Now how's about some pics! :D

No precise news about about the second run, not even taking names at the moment, but it is a go at some point in 2010.

ZOMG :panic::panic::panic: BRIGADE is HURrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6VPd-fy00rI?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6VPd-fy00rI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ah, I see. You won't likely see the writing with him facing front on the shelf anyways.
I'm going to keep looking out for the Toy Soldier, HT Billy Sole, or the Wild Work vests, one is bound to turn up.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that sweater works out, please post some pics when you got him together!

The vest I used on mine originally (posted a few pages back) is up for grabs if you are interested.

I just wanted to add and thank MANDO for such a beautiful Brigade head, we are truly lucky to have this talent here on the boards and it's the main reason I love customizing. If it weren't for MANDO I probably wouldn't enjoy 1/6 the way I do and still be a hardcore statue collector.

The bar is raised severely with this custom piece and I hope to maintain the awesomeness (Sgt. Slaughter) that MANDO has brought me today, GOD this head is awesome :rock :monkey2

One of the best custom heads I've received :lecture

--Ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back