I lost a pet today a week after I lose a dad...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli26

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seriously? I feel for everyone who is lost a pet or loved one lately. I just went through this ****ing **** in back-to-back weeks. ****... this year sucks so far.

Lost George my next door neighbour which I had drinks with (btw we would sit and have beers and talk sports), his poor wife is alone now.. That was in 2013... my dad.. a pet. My one friend was tested for Cancer.. still haven't heard the news on that... if it was positive or negative. ****ing really hating this ****ING year.

I am way ahead of you. I don't like getting drunk or drink much, but I am making up for lost time. **** this ****.

I haven't succumbed to alcohol or any other means of self destruction yet lol. But if situation continues to be this ****ty... I might as well start. Maybe we can drunk webcam and cry our frustration out :monkey2

I am locked up right now in the bathroom since I dont want to go out. My girl is paying some bills and my kid is sitting in the back porch, nothing much to do since I had to take away cable due to tons of medical bills.
When I get out of her, I have to deal with all the sad realities, and as head of the family... I might just..... go:cuckoo:

Actually you can delete this thread. I was just venting. I didn't know where else to vent. Didn't want to do it on FB or around my family. I am just so sick and tired of this year.

I haven't succumbed to alcohol or any other means of self destruction yet lol. But if situation continues to be this ****ty... I might as well start. Maybe we can drunk webcam and cry our frustration out :monkey2

I am locked up right now in the bathroom since I dont want to go out. My girl is paying some bills and my kid is sitting in the back porch, nothing much to do since I had to take away cable due to tons of medical bills.
When I get out of her, I have to deal with all the sad realities, and as head of the family... I might just..... go:cuckoo:

*hugs* I still have to read more into your thread and I will. I am so sorry what has happened. I wished I could give you a hug.

Seriously? I feel for everyone who is lost a pet or loved one lately. I just went through this ****ing **** in back-to-back weeks. ****... this year sucks so far.

Eli.......I feel for ya! I lost my dog one week before my brother. I'm so glad it's April now because it HAS to be better than March! :(

:1-1:

Man, I really feel for you guys. A pet is one friend who can actually help in the consoling process over losing a loved one and then to lose that pet too? wow, really sorry for you losses bro.

Ween and Eli! It's hard to approximate the pain you're going through. May friends, family, and time help you through this gauntlet.

It's tuff. Had to put one of our cats down last Thursday. Eclipse. She was about 21 years old and got real bad the last year.

It's tuff. Had to put one of our cats down last Thursday. Eclipse. She was about 21 years old and got real bad the last year.

God, but 21 years... that's amazing! I feel for your pain as you had that cat for a long time, but not to sound insensitive, I wished my pet had those years. He passed away at just six. Your cat did live a long rich life. Wow, amazing bud. Did you do anything different?

My oldest pet was 18 or 19 when he passed on. I also have a 17-year-old cat right now. My poor Gizmo didn't even make it to double digits.

Im sorry to hear that man. I know how you feel, I lost my grandfather and my dog within months of eachother back when I was 7. I still feel the pain all these years later. Hang in there.

I remember back in 2007 when I lost my dog of 11 years. We basically grew up together, since I was 10. I remember when he first walked into the house, scared and looking like a little puff ball. We basically grew up together as I was pretty young when I got it. His name was Ponky. I know, pretty awkward name, my cousin picked the name up... I know.
He used to leave the house and walk around the neighborhood to do his thing and visit other "doggy friends" and then come back home.
One day we went out for a Hindu wedding, I remember, and when we came back home, someone left the garage door open and thus he went out. It was unusual that he would take that long out and usually when I would whistle at him or call his name, he would come rushing in. This time, he didn't but after awhile he responded.
I remember it was the most painful thing I have ever seen. His jaw was dislocated, like if someone hit him with a baseball bat or kick him in the face. He could not close it. It was so painful and tad disturbing to see. For a tiny French Poodle toy, it was pretty shocking to see as they are so compact.
We brought him in as I called all emergency services and they told me I needed to bring it to a pet hospital not 911. His usual doctor was called and he said he could attend him in the morning.
We took him to a emergency pet hospital that we found nearby and they ran some tests and stuff. they concluded it was either a car or someone really hated him and gave him a beating. I didn't hear any car or dog crying, and thus I concluded that it was something very strange what happened to him.
Long story short, they told us they needed to do a surgery that would cost, like anything health related in the US around 3k and that he would need a lot of therapy and drink/eat from a straw. Also that something could have been damaged in his brain due to a little blood in his eye and the fact that one or two times his eyes went to the back of his head. So he basically wouldn't be back to be the dog he was.
The next day we took him for a second opinion to his usual doctor.
And I can say it was the most painful and sad moment I can recall in my 27 years of life.
The doctor said that he needed a lot of stuff done and that it was better to put him to sleep.
I remember, I hugged my dog, and I spoke to him, it was my best friend of 11 years, my best companion since I was in middle school until I became a young man (21), he was there for the good and the bad times. I told the doctor to please put his mouth close together and they tied up with a red ribbon, I asked him if putting him to sleep would hurt, he said that they would put 3 injections. One to numb the area, one to make him sleep and then the lethal one.
I am tearing up as I write this as I am already sensitive for my other situation (current). I remember they put the first injection, I held his little head and looked at his eyes, kept talking to him, and all I could think was "what is he thinking, is he in pain, will he hate me for ending his life". Then they injected the heart stopping injection and slowly he passed away, I can recall the images vivid in my head, I cried so much in front of everyone there, my mother also.
I hugged him so hard and put my head on top of his lap, kissed him and said good bye. I remember the staff gave me this picture of a "heaven dog" in which it said that he is happy, playing with other dogs and waiting to be together with me once again" I just couldn't stop mourning and crying. It was so painful.
At home, I would lock myself in my room and cry. I would put music and talk out loud to him and cry again, but a cry that was so deep, so full of feeling, one that could not be stopped even if I tried.
Everyday from that moment until almost a year I would cry sporadically and remember my Ponky.
It is definitively one of the hardest feelings in the world to lose your loyal companion, it is amazing how humans can get so attached to these little creatures and viceversa, to the point that we mourn them and love them almost or more than other humans in our lives.

Back