I am done with ebay for life

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freestylex06x

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sold a hot toys v1 Joker about a month ago. As I always do, I shipped it within one business day (as it says on all my listings). The product arrived two days later (priority mail) and the buyer messages me and says that he put the wrong address on his account. I reply and say that I shipped it to the address he provided on eBay and his paypal account and tell him that it arrived (he has the tracking number) so he needs to drive an hour to the other location and find it.

Now, it has been a month now and suddenly he has opened a case against me demanding a refund when I have his messages saved. What was I suppose to do? Go back in time and reship it to the address he wanted when he was the one who supplied the wrong information? Does anybody know how ebay is going to rule on this one? If they make me refund the money, I will never use ebay again.

As long as the address you shipped to is "confirmed" by PayPal, you are fine.

Yeah, as long as it's a confirmed address you should be safe. I use a confirmed address. To that effect, I would never sell to anyone that hasn't done so.

EBay policy. It's sellers that don't ship to the buyer's eBay confirmed address that are sol, you should be fine. But what a pain in the butt. Seems this hobby especially is ripe for a-hole buyers.

Yea it sucks, all buyer get their buyer protection . I face lots of problem as well.
Good luck on yours bro.

Dude, pull your money out of PayPal every time you sell something, because I'm not letting any chance that some a**hole buyer put a claim on me. Good luck on this.

I sold a hot toys v1 Joker about a month ago. As I always do, I shipped it within one business day (as it says on all my listings). The product arrived two days later (priority mail) and the buyer messages me and says that he put the wrong address on his account. I reply and say that I shipped it to the address he provided on eBay and his paypal account and tell him that it arrived (he has the tracking number) so he needs to drive an hour to the other location and find it.

Now, it has been a month now and suddenly he has opened a case against me demanding a refund when I have his messages saved. What was I suppose to do? Go back in time and reship it to the address he wanted when he was the one who supplied the wrong information? Does anybody know how ebay is going to rule on this one? If they make me refund the money, I will never use ebay again.

The scum bag knows you shipped it out. It marks it as shipped on ebay and also sends an email from paypal when you buy postage or add tracking. Sounds to me like a huge scam on his part. Long as the address is confirmed, you should be fine. If you use USPS, I always put signature confirmation. That way you can find out who signed for the package. I wonder if someone else was living at that address if they could not get in some kind of trouble for accepting the package and not returning it. I would look into that.

Had a similar situation happen. Call Paypal, point out that it was delivered to the correct address and that you have the tracking to prove it, its NOT your problem that this guys a moron and had it delivered to the wrong address, Paypal will side with you, you did exactly what was neccessary. The buyer being an idiot is not a defense. He can open a case for any reason though, doesn't mean hes right. Another reason to call Paypal, I would ask if hes tried pulling crap like this before; in the case of the guy that tried to get a refund out of me, they saw a pattern of behavior.

What you need to do his put his ebay id on here so everyone can block it. What happened to that huge list that was compiled?

Dude, pull your money out of PayPal every time you sell something, because I'm not letting any chance that some a**hole buyer put a claim on me. Good luck on this.

Wouldn't matter. I've had someone open a case against me long after I had pulled the money out of PayPal and it freezes that amount from my bank account instead.

Ebay has the unfortunate mind set of siding with buyers. You should be okay though as you have the documentation. It still is a hassel dealing with them wasting your time. The guy can also leave neg feedback against you and ebay policy is everyone has an opinion.. until another site rises to offer competition ebay is a unfortunate evil for sellers outside the forum sales.

Wouldn't matter. I've had someone open a case against me long after I had pulled the money out of PayPal and it freezes that amount from my bank account instead.
Isn't that illegal though?

They had to force me to pay them after they "lost" a case of mine. Four or five years back, I sold some rare figures and some stupid ***** went and filed fraudulent chargebacks on me, as well a few other sellers, and ended up getting away scott-free, to my knowledge, with tons of loot.

I reported her through every known channel and authority, but I'll likely never see my money returned. Because of that, I refuse to ever, ever, ever sell anything on eBay again. If I do, I will sell through one of those stores that does it for you, or just use ****ing Craigslist.

Isn't that illegal though?

They had to force me to pay them after they "lost" a case of mine. Four or five years back, I sold some rare figures and some stupid ***** went and filed fraudulent chargebacks on me, as well a few other sellers, and ended up getting away scott-free, to my knowledge, with tons of loot.

I reported her through every known channel and authority, but I'll likely never see my money returned. Because of that, I refuse to ever, ever, ever sell anything on eBay again. If I do, I will sell through one of those stores that does it for you, or just use ****ing Craigslist.

Good luck selling anything on Craigslist......in my area, people will offer $100 "Cash in hand" for a $900 statue. I do not even waste my time with it...might be different in bigger cities but in my area....christ its horrible.

Good luck selling anything on Craigslist......in my area, people will offer $100 "Cash in hand" for a $900 statue. I do not even waste my time with it...might be different in bigger cities but in my area....christ its horrible.
Yeah, I've tried selling stuff on there before. People think it's a garage sale. However, if you keep something up long enough, eventually a "real" buyer approaches you.

Yeah, I've tried selling stuff on there before. People think it's a garage sale. However, if you keep something up long enough, eventually a "real" buyer approaches you.

I have sold plenty of things over the years on Craiglist. Collectibles of the nature on this site do not seem like a big commodity where I live. Half the people are unemployed or poor as dirt...or both I should say. In my area, its cheap Washer / Dryers and old furniture. The only collectibles these people buy / sell is coins, old 80's ball cards and nascar diecast crap.:thud::offtopic::thwak

I live in a well populated area. It may suck trying do go anywhere on, or around, a holiday, but at least people are into some of the same **** I am. :D

I wouldn't worry about it. It's his fault for not updating the address in PayPal. I've been through this a few times and have always won. Just make sure you include the tracking info that shows it was delivered to the confirmed address in the PayPal report and escalate his claim. They'll side with you. Just make sure you handle everything through PayPal. It's the same company but the outsourced tools they have running ebaY's customer service (PayPal's is different and in the US) are incompetent.

man people are scumbags.....

What is his actual argument in this case?
Since Paypal and ebay will clearly show the listed address its like 2 seconds work on their end......is he now trying to say it never arrived at that address either?

You know, I'm wondering what the guy who actually received this is thinking?

Funny story, back in '09 when the DX01 Joker was released, I had one sent to my address by mistake from a merchant who I had recently placed an order with. At first, I thought it was a gift, but then I had to make sure it wasn't someone else's, as I had asked family and friends if they sent it out, but all said nay.

Turns out he did send it to the wrong address, so I courteously sent it back. Unfortunately, I had already opened the Hot Toys box, though I did leave everything intact and untouched. That was my good deed for the year, as I could have easily kept it. However, the amazement at seeing the figure immediately prompted me to buy my own. :lol

Last edited:
Back