I am done with ebay for life

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of a story......Long time ago I sold a Nintendo Advantage game on Ebay to a guy. I specifically put in the listing that I only accept paypal and do not accept checks / or Money Orders right in big red letters at the top of my listing. Well, I did not realize I still had my old address in ebay because I was not using it to purchase items. He did not tell me he was sending CASH money through the mail until after he got my address from ebay and sent it. A few days later he was asking me if I had gotten payment, I of course said No, as I did not see a payment in my paypal account.

Needless to say the money did not show up after about 10 days. He called me up basically threatening my life...over a game. How stupid are people? Send cash money through the mail without at least mentioning it to the seller? Anyways the money showed up from the Forwarding service from USPS and he was able to get the game and me keep my life ( I guess )...fuggin idiot

Honestly, this isn't the 20th Century. You don't send cash in the mail. You take your ass to the post office or the nearest gas station/grocery store and get a damn money order.

*sigh*

picard-facepalm.jpg

I sold a hot toys v1 Joker about a month ago. As I always do, I shipped it within one business day (as it says on all my listings). The product arrived two days later (priority mail) and the buyer messages me and says that he put the wrong address on his account. I reply and say that I shipped it to the address he provided on eBay and his paypal account and tell him that it arrived (he has the tracking number) so he needs to drive an hour to the other location and find it.

Now, it has been a month now and suddenly he has opened a case against me demanding a refund when I have his messages saved. What was I suppose to do? Go back in time and reship it to the address he wanted when he was the one who supplied the wrong information? Does anybody know how ebay is going to rule on this one? If they make me refund the money, I will never use ebay again.

Same exact thing happened to me, and as long as you provided shipping you'll be fine.

only time I ever won an eBay claim case as a seller was filing with the BBB, then magically I got contacted by their special vp office and got full credit.

PayPal is much better even though they fall under the same corp, eBay seller protection is a scam for anything >$150.

Wouldn't matter. I've had someone open a case against me long after I had pulled the money out of PayPal and it freezes that amount from my bank account instead.

I have a account just for this. I just don't have it go to the bank. I use the money for this and that. This is also why I don't sell anything more on ebay.

My only real claim was a buyer (after he had received the item and left me + feedback) telling paypal that somebody else had used his card for the purchase and he wanted it refunded. I sent a so so nice email to paypal saying he paid and left + and if he was to get his money back I wanted my item back at his expense... and what do you know... paypal actually said I wasn't at fault and I was cleared and never heard from him again. So the good guys do win these sometimes.

So long as he doesn't file a credit card chargeback saying this is an "unauthorized transaction," you should be fine. When they file that chargeback, though, evidence be damned you're gonna have to eat some shipping fees and likely some money Paypal will charge you for handling your case.

There are some really rotten apples out there.

So long as he doesn't file a credit card chargeback saying this is an "unauthorized transaction," you should be fine. When they file that chargeback, though, evidence be damned you're gonna have to eat some shipping fees and likely some money Paypal will charge you for handling your case.

There are some really rotten apples out there.

Not really. Worst case scenario, PayPal temporarily eats the cash for that and let's the seller off the hook for liability if he has proof showing the item was delivered to the address on file. And PP goes after those who file chargebacks like that for fraud. So that won't matter.

Yeah I'd agree with Nam here... I don't think the seller will be out anything on this. He followed the rules of eBay and Paypal. As long as you can prove the item was shipped like it was supposed to you'll be okay.

Good luck selling anything on Craigslist......in my area, people will offer $100 "Cash in hand" for a $900 statue. I do not even waste my time with it...might be different in bigger cities but in my area....christ its horrible.

Back in 1998/99 I had a hockey card that was booked for over $2000.00 best offer was $50.00. I used it as a Coster for my coke. I didn't plan it. I was drinking a can of coke and put it on top of the card with looking.

I have a bank account attached to my paypal. When I get a payment I transfer the funds to my bank. So if a buyer makes a claim would paypal be able to take from my bank account? I hope the answer is no, but unfortunately I don't think that's the case.

I have a bank account attached to my paypal. When I get a payment I transfer the funds to my bank. So if a buyer makes a claim would paypal be able to take from my bank account? I hope the answer is no, but unfortunately I don't think that's the case.

They're can take the money out. You gave them the Ok to. This is why I don't have a bank account attached to my paypal account. I only use it to buy. If there is any refund it goes back to the card. Keep in mind pp is not a. Bank. Being in am only a buyer the rules are not the same.

Thank you for the info. I haven't had any issues as of yet. I like the benefit of having it attached to a back account. Just have to be careful on my sales to cover my A**

Nix selling internationally and you'll knock down the risk of getting screwed exponentially. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Well, I would say that's partially true. But, international shipping need not be so risky, and you can open your sales out to a much larger buying audience and potentially better prices, but... There are some countries which carry a much higher risk threshold than others. I won't name them for sake of being called a racist, but have a look at the small print on any of the large scale ebay dealers and you can see where they won't ship to.

:dunno

So how are you informed if a case is opened against you? Do you get an e mail or a notification from your ebay messages/inbox. I'm looking at a potential problem from a sale a month ago, i shipped with tracking and the seller wasn't there when fed ex attempted 5 or 6 deliveries, they senr him a card to arrange pick up and he never replied. I've sent him numerous messages but he only replied to one message early on and then nothing. The package is being delivered back to me today but i'm waiting for a case to be opened at any time. How long does the buyer have to open a case, 45 days?

Yeah I'd agree with Nam here... I don't think the seller will be out anything on this. He followed the rules of eBay and Paypal. As long as you can prove the item was shipped like it was supposed to you'll be okay.

Back