Hypothetical discussion of the HT Watchmen line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats fine in terms of a dream figure but realisically thats just not gonna happen, even if you take out everything pertaining to 'prison Walter' its still a huge amount of stuff. I'll be happy with just the basic Rorschach, as long as the coat fits properly. I think the grapple gun is a pretty safe bet to be included. It might be nice to get the 'End is Nigh' sign as well, if only for the kitbashers...

You have cwushed my dweams.

elmer-fudd.gif

Nite Owl II
-Authentic film accurate costume
-Removable mask and goggles
-Authentic likeness to Patrick Wilson as Dan Dreiberg
-An array of the gadgets shown in the film
MSRP:US$175.00
Archie
-Full 1/6 scale replica of Nite Owl II's ship,Archimedes
-Real working LED's
-Full scaled Authentic interior
-Side compartment with 2 hoverpads for Rorshach and Nite-Owl
-Bonus:Nite Owl II's arctic costume and alternate bloody jacket for Rorschach

MSRP:US$450.00

Now we're talkin! :cool:

Not just Rorschach. Nite Owl and Rorschach.

I wouldn't say no to Manhattan and Ozymandias, but I wouldn't cry over the lack of them, either.

I think the best chance we have of them completing the team would be if Dr. Manhattan and Ozy were a 2 in 1 set. Like DX Joker. Manhattan could be on a blue skin body similar to Abe Sapian and be dressed in a black suit from the funeral scene. Then just include a Ozy head and costume, no extra accessories. Price at $150, just to finish the team.

I dunno, Ozy's a must imo, every line needs a villain.

I think I have to disagree. Watchmen is unique in that it's not really ABOUT the villain, until RIGHT at the end. In fact, especially in the movie (though also in the comic), Ozy is almost a second-tier character that you can easily forget about at times, until it all comes together. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy an Ozy, but I don't think he's 100% necessary, either.

(It doesn't help that, at least in the movie, he's probably the least interesting Watchmen character IMHO).

Ozymandias is the least interesting Watchmen character, period - at least for me. Didn't care about him in the comic, either.

I dunno, Ozy's a must imo, every line needs a villain.

Tell that to HT in regards to XMO: Wolverine line. Whether you liked the movie or not there is a single character WTF.

The Watchmen movie was released in March and eight mos. later the second figure is announced. I wouldn't be surprised if the line gets one more character - two tops.

Silk Spectre II used the new female body while The Comedian used the new muscular body. I predict a Rorschach on the new skinny body and the line is complete. HT can utilizing all their new "body types" in a series and call it a day.

Perhaps a Nite Owl II on the narrow shoulder version which I doubt because of the custome itself. I have even less hope for a Doctor Manhattan or Ozzy figure.

I think I have to disagree. Watchmen is unique in that it's not really ABOUT the villain, until RIGHT at the end. In fact, especially in the movie (though also in the comic), Ozy is almost a second-tier character that you can easily forget about at times, until it all comes together. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy an Ozy, but I don't think he's 100% necessary, either.

(It doesn't help that, at least in the movie, he's probably the least interesting Watchmen character IMHO).

Well if you want to get down to it, all Watchmen characters that weren't Rorschach were second tier. Just look at how many Rorschach scenes/lines were given to Nite Owl and others just to flesh them out more.

The smartest man on the cinder is a must for this line. Manhattan in a suit would totally blow, hell you could kitbash that one in no time why pay over $100 for it?

This line will consist of Nite Owl II, Rorschach, Silk Spectre II and The Comedian. That's it. I actually wouldn't be shocked if The Comedian and Silk Spectre II were MMS figures and Nite Owl II and Rorschach were actually VGMS figures using "The End is Nigh" as their catapult.

Great stuff.

Rorschach
-Authentic headsculpt of Jackie Earl Haley as Walter Kovacs
-Alternate cut and bruised head.
-12 alternate hands(2 gloved fists,1 set of gloved hands for holding his Zippo and hairspray,1 gloved hand for holding grappling gun,1 set of bare hands for holding his lunch tray,2 bare fists,1 hand for holding the oil pan,1 closed partially gloved fist,1 partially gloved hand for holding his "The End is Nigh" sign
-Authentic film accurate costume
-alternate street walker costume
-Prison Jumpsuit with switchout bloody undershirt
-Grappling gun with pull out line(for display purposes)
-The End is Nigh sign
-bundle of matches
-Hairspray can
-lunchtray
-grease pan
-4 alternate masks with unique patterns

a guy can dream,right?:p

MSRP:US$225.00

More like $499...

Wouldn't Dr. Manhattan be fairly easy to make?
Just cast the muscular body in Blue and the Headsculpt,
plus trousers and optional suit?
Sounds pretty basic to me!

I hope that's not the route they'll take. In my opinion the standard muscle body isn't nearly detailed enough to be used as a main focus for someone who's nude/practically nude 99% of the time. Manhattan's body is specific enough to need the use of a specialized body sculpt like Hellboy. At least I hope that's what they would do.

I agree which is A: Why he hasn't been announced yet or B: Why he won't be done.

Not to mention Rocky and the gang just had sleeves that went over the regular TT legs whereas Manhattan would need a more fluid sculpt.

Last edited:
Back