Hypothetical discussion of the HT Watchmen line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

figurefan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I'm new here as one can probably tell from my post count, but I've been a longtime HOT TOYS and Watchmen fan. I'm glad to see the line isn't dead with the Comedian official announcement, and though I'd prefer Rorschach first, Ozymandias is my most wanted in the line. Aside from being one of the greatest comic villains of all time, I just felt he was a very dynamic looking character in the film. His suit is designed in such a way to perfectly hide the articulation and his color scheme is simply brilliant.

Below is my characteristics of my perfect Ozy figure, but what are some of your guys hopes for the line? DX figures? Minute Men (which would be easy since their costumes are supposed to look cheap)? I think the line thus far is absolutely fantastic and hope it rides to the end of at least the main six.

FigureFan's perfect Ozymandias:

-Main figure body with rubber/plastic full armor, cloth cape.
-Masked and unmasked head sculpts.
-Various martial-arts styled hands, including a "caught bullet" hand.
-Crazy 80's styled tv remote controller.
-Wine Glass
-Egyptian throne (like the Godfather figure)
-Cardboard cutout background of his tv wall (again, like the Godfather backdrop)
-Ozymandias action-figure (so like, an inch tall)

The last one's kinda frivolous, but still...lol

Great stuff.

Rorschach
-Authentic headsculpt of Jackie Earl Haley as Walter Kovacs
-Alternate cut and bruised head.
-12 alternate hands(2 gloved fists,1 set of gloved hands for holding his Zippo and hairspray,1 gloved hand for holding grappling gun,1 set of bare hands for holding his lunch tray,2 bare fists,1 hand for holding the oil pan,1 closed partially gloved fist,1 partially gloved hand for holding his "The End is Nigh" sign
-Authentic film accurate costume
-alternate street walker costume
-Prison Jumpsuit with switchout bloody undershirt
-Grappling gun with pull out line(for display purposes)
-The End is Nigh sign
-bundle of matches
-Hairspray can
-lunchtray
-grease pan
-4 alternate masks with unique patterns

a guy can dream,right?:p

MSRP:US$225.00

Last edited:
One thing I was thinking about Rorschach that would be neat, is if they could make his masked head's hat removable a somehow have faceplates that could be switched out with various different ink-blot patterns.

Nite Owl is my favorite comic book character ever...main reason? He reminds me, almost exactly, of me (except for the impotence thing ;) ).

My Nite Owl:

Full rubber suit ala Batman
Unmasked headsculpt - with the rubber mask laying around his neck
Removable glasses
Laser weapon
Some of the "gadgets" we saw on his workbench
Leather cape
I don't see the cold weather outfit, though, I always thought it was a bit silly.

And, of course, a lifesize Archie but I doubt that would ever happen lol.

Nite Owl II
-Removable mask and goggles
-Authentic likeness to Patrick Wilson as Dan Dreiberg
-An array of the gadgets shown in the film
MSRP:US$175.00
Archie
-Full 1/6 scale replica of Nite Owl II's ship,Archimedes
-Real working LED's
-Full scaled Authentic interior
-Side compartment with 2 hoverpads for Rorshach and Nite-Owl
-Bonus:Nite Owl II's arctic costume and alternate bloody jacket for Rorschach

MSRP:US$450.00

Dr.Manhattan DX
-Authentic Likeness to Billy Crudup
-Real working LED's inside the Truetype body and head designed specifically for Dr.Manhattan
-Authentic suit and tie
-Alternate figure of Billy Crudup as John Osterman before the Transformation
-Photograph
-Decomposing photograph
-watch
MSRP:US$215.00

Ozymandias
-Authentic Likeness to Mathew Goode
-Alternate unmasked Head
-Purple suit as worn by Veidt in the film
-Television background
-Egyptian Throne
-Wine glass
-Ozymandias action figure
-1/6 scale Bubastis with real fur
MSRP:US$195.00

like re-usable fabric stickers?

I was thinking more just the masked head would be plastic, not fabric. Or maybe flocked, with removable faceplates. I don't think HT would make the mask an actual fabric thing to be put over a kovaks sculpt, cause either the masked head would be too big or the unmasked head would be too small, like the DCD figure.

Last edited:
I don't see the cold weather outfit, though, I always thought it was a bit silly.

Wasn't the Cold outfit in the movie just a new mask, gloves and coat? Cause he changed out of it pretty quickly. If its just these articles I think they could actually include them. You'd probably still not be a fan, but it'd be a pretty sweet pack-in...lol

Dr.Manhattan DX
-Authentic Likeness to Billy Crudup
-Real working LED's inside the Truetype body and head designed specifically for Dr.Manhattan
-Authentic suit and tie
-Alternate figure of Billy Crudup as John Osterman before the Transformation
-Photograph
-Decomposing photograph
-watch
MSRP:US$215.00
i'm sure this would be weird for some people, but should he have an anatomically correct body? for those who want to pose him screen accurately naked, they can, and for those who wish to cover him in underpants or a suit, they can too...

My Doc Manhattan

No Osterman head, I just want my giant blue god.
Speaking of which, yes BIG YES on the LEDs in his body, make him shine and shine bright like a christmas tree.
Don't care about the suit, I would prefer a little black thong over his you know what area.

Price, I don't know how much work LEDs inside an entire body do but I believe 160 sounds fair, again, no Osterman head, no suit, "only" a blue true type with a Doc head and a light up like christmas feature.
Oh and it wouldn't hurt to have him acutually look just like in the movie, by that I am refering to his perfect muscles and body structure.

What if he had a translucent "skin" if you will to cover his joints and I don't see why he couldn't be anatomically correct.However,if that was the case,I wonder if Sideshow'd still import him.

What if he had a translucent "skin" if you will to cover his joints and I don't see why he couldn't be anatomically correct.However,if that was the case,I wonder if Sideshow'd still import him.

Sideshow's female buck had nipples so I don't think anatatomical parts would discourage them from importing it. Although it would discourage some people from buying it. Not many, but some.

Great stuff.

Rorschach
-12 alternate hands(2 gloved fists,1 set of gloved hands for holding his Zippo and hairspray,1 gloved hand for holding grappling gun,1 set of bare hands for holding his lunch tray,2 bare fists,1 hand for holding the oil pan,1 closed partially gloved fist,1 partially gloved hand for holding his "The End is Nigh" sign
-The End is Nigh sign
-bundle of matches
-Hairspray can
-lunchtray
-grease pan

That's asking alot, even if it was a DX lol

i'm sure this would be weird for some people, but should he have an anatomically correct body? for those who want to pose him screen accurately naked, they can, and for those who wish to cover him in underpants or a suit, they can too...

I assume he would be wearing his undies for two reasons: One, they're like skin tight, and you wouldn't be able to have them slide on over a rubber body and not look ridiculous. And two, its kind of his costume, like the groupshot photograph. I'm sure hot toys isn't afraid of the subject, it just limits the product.

Great stuff.

Rorschach
-The End is Nigh sign
-bundle of matches
-Hairspray can
-lunchtray
-grease pan

Thats fine in terms of a dream figure but realisically thats just not gonna happen, even if you take out everything pertaining to 'prison Walter' its still a huge amount of stuff. I'll be happy with just the basic Rorschach, as long as the coat fits properly. I think the grapple gun is a pretty safe bet to be included. It might be nice to get the 'End is Nigh' sign as well, if only for the kitbashers...

Whatever the case, Rorschach in my opinion is a shoe-in for the DX treatment, he's one of the only characters from any line with the popularity to receive it at the moment. Unless they start going down the Dark Knight list again, or pull out an "ultimate" Iron Man. He may not have all three outfits, but I can definitely see PERS on his judgmental stare.

Back