HT-MMS 105-Terminator Salvation-T-600 (concept version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried anything extreme with the articulation but it seems fine to me. The clothing may inhibit some movement (I had to remove the elbow protector to crook the arm and then replace it in the new position) but it is mainly quite loose fitting so I think it will be fine.

aight thanks bro.

Congrats to everyone who got one, it looks great. I think I side with those who are just going to get the regular clothed version, I just can't convince myself to spend so much on this one. I will say that I like the fleshy mask on the concept version more than the others.

Well I finally received my T-600 Concept but when I was posing it I noticed that one of the piston rod ends was not installed.

I searched the box and packaging and it definately was not there. I even had a good look inside the endo's bust just in case it was rattling around in there. Nada.

It's from the area behind the left shoulder. I've attached some pics to show where. I've sent an email to both the eBay merchant as well as Hot Toys Customer support asking for a replacement piston rod end.

Now I sit and wait :(

Cheers :) Mario

picture.php

picture.php

So, I'm sitting here looking at this piece in all these pics and suddenly it strikes me how this figure looks (to me) the most like an animated cartoon series version of a T-800 with human skin, instead of a highly detailed, very movie accurate, highend toy that costs $300+ The toys got more accurate, but the real movie designs got more toylike.

What was the REAL design's driving force behing the look of things in TS? Coolness, or toyability. Yes, that is a real, new official word for this aspect of movie licensed action figures that I just made up right now. When people wonder what the origin of the phrase toyability is in movie character design, they can find the answer right here.

That is of course unless that is an actual word, and I've just never heard it. I know the concept is as old as Star Wars.

So, I'm sitting here looking at this piece in all these pics and suddenly it strikes me how this figure looks (to me) the most like an animated cartoon series version of a T-800 with human skin, instead of a highly detailed, very movie accurate, highend toy that costs $300+ The toys got more accurate, but the real movie designs got more toylike.

What was the REAL design's driving force behing the look of things in TS? Coolness, or toyability. Yes, that is a real, new official word for this aspect of movie licensed action figures that I just made up right now. When people wonder what the origin of the phrase toyability is in movie character design, they can find the answer right here.

That is of course unless that is an actual word, and I've just never heard it. I know the concept is as old as Star Wars.

Toyability has been used alot on toy message boards and sites, though I don't think it's an actual word, it should be!

I hope this is the last T-600 they make.

mario-

i hope you are able to resolve the issue. i also sent an e-mail to HT this weekend for the missing tab screw cover that was not included with my IM MKIII silly thing figure. i have heard good things about the HT customer service, so i hope we both receive replacements. :)

Well I finally received my T-600 Concept but when I was posing it I noticed that one of the piston rod ends was not installed.

I searched the box and packaging and it definately was not there. I even had a good look inside the endo's bust just in case it was rattling around in there. Nada.

It's from the area behind the left shoulder. I've attached some pics to show where. I've sent an email to both the eBay merchant as well as Hot Toys Customer support asking for a replacement piston rod end.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

when toy companies can ifluence the rating of ^^^^ing movie ( ie TS) , then toyability being the driving force behind the character designs isnt far fetched at all...

when toy companies can ifluence the rating of ^^^^ing movie ( ie TS) , then toyability being the driving force behind the character designs isnt far fetched at all...

Yeah, I agree. I just saw GI Joe last night, and the lead character totally looks like an action figure. I've never seen him before, maybe it's just me, but I was thinking they cast him because his face would be easy to make a mold of! :lol
I also thought the same thing about the new Cptn Kirk Actor too....

Hey Mario - sorry to hear Skynet missed a piston on your T-600 - you should go over there and sort them out! :viking

:lol I've actually thought about using one my endos to create a signature piece of myself like the ones HT did for those two TV show hosts. Either that or go nuts and make one based off my avatar pic, but with full rotting Jason on it.

Hey Mario. The same piston had worked loose on mine too :confused: However, it was at the bottom of the box. Hope it works out for you. I'm sure Hot Toys will see you right.

doesn't the rubber mask from the weathered version mirror more to the concept art that was released than this limited version?

Back