HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I just wish Jack had a few heads you could interchange, I want to do pictures like in Curse of the Black Pearl when he first runs away from the Port Royal guards and he's swinging from the rope in cirlces while be fired at, but he has a very shocked, "oh ****" face on him, where this figure has a very determined look. Some of Jack's best poses only work with the right face to go with them, but it's still a nice figure and you can still get some nice posing with it.

Damn, Hot Toys knocked this one out of the park.

I have to say this looks to be one of the best 1:6 figures ever made.

Damn I want this figure.

You're right about the expressions Maulfan..... he could have a scared face.... a cheeky face..... a ****y determined face....... and more.

I want to see someone paint the eyes, they only need touching up from what I can see.... but it's the mustache, I want to see someone mess it up... paint it a little bit longer over the corner of his mouth and his upper lip.

sneakily painting some kind of a grin would be great... but I'd never know if that was possible until I buy one of the buggers, lol. And I doubt that will be any time soon.

Excellent looking figure though!!

Here are a few pics of my Jack, he's definetly got the coolest paint aps I've ever seen straight from the box, in fact just about everything is the coolest straight from the box. If he'd had soft boots it would've been 100% perfecto, but it's still not far off. Sao is pretty amazing too.

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Damn I want this figure.

You're right about the expressions Maulfan..... he could have a scared face.... a cheeky face..... a ****y determined face....... and more.

I want to see someone paint the eyes, they only need touching up from what I can see.... but it's the mustache, I want to see someone mess it up... paint it a little bit longer over the corner of his mouth and his upper lip.

sneakily painting some kind of a grin would be great... but I'd never know if that was possible until I buy one of the buggers, lol. And I doubt that will be any time soon.

Excellent looking figure though!!

Darren, the paint on the mustache and eyes is an easy fix, but as far as trying to paint a differen't expression on him, I don't think paint alone could really pull it off the way his lips are sculpted, and likewise, his eyes would look odd if you tried to make an expressive face with them and his lips stayed as they are. One of your resculpts could change his facial expression though, should you ever take on the challenge.

I actually wish sparrow had that knowing smirk he has. I mean... he's usually smiling somehow. Even when he's in the middle of the action.

Ya, in the case of most characters, a neutral or stern face works for the widest range of poses while maintaining a natural look, but Jack Sparrow is a character that makes wacky faces even in the heart of battle. As much as I love all of my Jack items, no matter how good the sculpts are, they fall short to capture the character in the face, between not getting the eyes just right and missing the emotion Jack featured 80% of all the films.

This figure is most definitely worth it, I had my reservations when the preview images showed up, and there are a few nitpick issues I have with it, but as an overall figure, it's growing on me more and more each day.

It's pretty nice, but I think it looks fine with the molded hair. Real Hair is hard to pull off. Kind of makes the face look too large on that one.

As good as the custom job is I am not a fan of how short his head looks now with the real added hair, and the dark skin tone doesn't contrast as nicely with the white neck. There isn't a nice fluidness from his neck to his head. Just looks off. Personally I liked the sculpted hair more.

Back