HT jack sparrow (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Real" Hair verses sculpted is really up to the person. I personally hate real hair... the look the feel and the fact, in my mind, it makes it a doll, not a figure. But I understand that some people want there figures to look as realistic as possible... But I like the Sculpted hair on this figure, looks awesome!

Its an awesome figure but there's just something about the headsculpt that doesn't seem appropriately Sparrow. I haven't figured out if its the face, the expression, a combination or what. Andy or Trevor should do their own sculpt that we can just stick on the HT body. Hear that guys? :)

I just got this figure, the details are amazing, down to the actual chainlink used on the baubles in his hair. I do believe my Medicom will be going up for sale, cause the HT blows it out of the water. As for the stoic likeness, I agree that a slight smirk would be more appropriate for most Sparrow scenes, but quite a bit of the movie he was just staring straight with no expression as well, while all hell was going on around him or sailing into Port Royal for the first time. Actually think the first DVD was used for reference and I can definately see Depp in this sculpt much easier than the Medicom version.

51fX40gGdXL._SS500_.jpg

Very nice! :rock

I just got this baby and DAMN what a nice figure... Probably the BEST looking "straight out of the box" figure I have ever purchased. A repaint is not really necessary, it's fantastic as is! But I will still repaint it... just because I can.:D

Pics tonight! :rock

I guess you're to the point where you can't keep your brush off anything, even if it is "perfect". :lol

Yep... The perfect ones are fun because you want to see if some more personality in the paint can bring something even MORE out of it. It's a challenge and fun... can't seem to resist. :lol

Here are some quick shots of HT Jack with my reworked (almost finished) Medicom Jack.

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3219.jpg

Medi Jack looks nice Josh, I need to get back to work on mine, but after seeing how nicely HT Jack came out, I've wanted to enjoy him for a bit, I still find flaws and wish to pursue my custom Medi Jack to finality, but the HT figure is not without great value worth slowly taking in and enjoying to the fullest. I think the face is beautifully painted, and as I pointed out before to you about repaint, I think all he needs is his eyes given that true Jack look to make the rest shine, the fading on the eye shadow and everything is just fabulous.

Man, that HT Jack looks awesome!! Glad I bought one. Already trying to think of a good Jackesque pose to go with.

Man, that HT Jack looks awesome!! Glad I bought one. Already trying to think of a good Jackesque pose to go with.

Well, between the bottle accessorie and the quality of joints it features, you can get a great Curse of the Black Pearl "Welcome to the Carribbean love" pose going. Too bad he's not smirking, with the Elizabeth figure coming, it'd be a funny display to have them together from the end of AWE.

"Jack, it would never have worked between us."

"Keep telling yourself that darling."

If they had a scared face head for Jack, I'd probably have him running from the cannibals in DMC.

The beauty of Jack's character is there is so much fun in it, and toys being inherently fun, to have them of a character who has another dimension of fun to him make a toy of that character all the better, which is why I will still proudly own both my Medi Jack's along with HT and NECA Jack, can't get enough.

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Take what you can! Give nothing back! :duff

I agree with you there MaulFan.... I love em both and will certainly keep them in my collection. I'll probably make Medicom the first film version... as it is more accurate for that one. And HT will be for the second and third chapters. And that also means I can pose one without the coat and one with. :rock

Yeah, there are a lot of good choices which is why I need 2 start looking now 2 get the one I want.

Back