HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just managed to get one these brand new for a reasonable price, should have it in a few days. Sounds like the sculpt really lets the figure down. Is there an alternative or custom sculpt out there anyone would recommend trying to get hold of?

Just managed to get one these brand new for a reasonable price, should have it in a few days. Sounds like the sculpt really lets the figure down. Is there an alternative or custom sculpt out there anyone would recommend trying to get hold of?
Treasure Hunter sculpt might be your most affordable option but even I've seen that going for almost as much as custom heads go for. Otherwise If you can nab one of the many custom head sculpts out there like Inigo Gil Version 2 or Smiling, Jnix or MJ Choi.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Treasure Hunter sculpt might be your most affordable option but even I've seen that going for almost as much as custom heads go for. Otherwise If you can nab one of the many custom head sculpts out there like Inigo Gil Version 2 or Smiling, Jnix or MJ Choi.

Thank you, appreciate the suggestions. Where is the best place to buy those heads you mentioned?

Thank you, appreciate the suggestions. Where is the best place to buy those heads you mentioned?
Your best bet would be keeping an eye on the marketplace here, eBay or even contacting those custom sculptors to see if they have any left or available. But you'd have to get them painted most likely.

I know Jeff Vargas on Facebook was selling some Inigo Smiling sculpts he just painted himself, I don't know what your budget is, but you could check into that.

Otherwise I almost forgot about the Sideshow TOD Indy Sculpt, that one is fairly good too. Imo better likeness than the HT. A repaint on that makes it even better.

Here are some pics of mine...

Inigo Gil Smiling Sculpt.
Sideshow TOD repainted
And Treasure Hunter IMG_20180109_004416_967.jpgIMG_20180109_222605_636.jpgScreenshot_20180110-235708.jpg

Your best bet would be keeping an eye on the marketplace here, eBay or even contacting those custom sculptors to see if they have any left or available. But you'd have to get them painted most likely.

I know Jeff Vargas on Facebook was selling some Inigo Smiling sculpts he just painted himself, I don't know what your budget is, but you could check into that.

Otherwise I almost forgot about the Sideshow TOD Indy Sculpt, that one is fairly good too. Imo better likeness than the HT. A repaint on that makes it even better.

Here are some pics of mine...

Inigo Gil Smiling Sculpt.
Sideshow TOD repainted
And Treasure Hunter View attachment 386644View attachment 386645View attachment 386646

Thanks again, all advice much appreciated. That TOD sculpt does look good and the treasure hunter one very impressive. I'll keep an eye out for them on eBay.

Just got this, only had a few minutes to check it out so far. Really struggling to get the hair to align properly, looks terrible from the sides. Not sure if its this difficult on all or mine has a defect. :dunno

Just got this, only had a few minutes to check it out so far. Really struggling to get the hair to align properly, looks terrible from the sides. Not sure if its this difficult on all or mine has a defect. :dunno

Maybe heat the hair piece up with a hairdryer until soft and place it on the sculpt. Once it cools it should be a better fit. Also, like what TonTon said check magnets and make sure they are in correctly.

I'll check it out later when I can take a proper look at it. Long term I don't think I'll be keeping this sculpt on the figure. It's not bad with the hat on but definitely something missing. Rest of the figure, accessories etc are pretty awesome though!

Is $350 too much for this guy or decent?

Some of these look a little high, sometimes I see some overpriced items that have been offered and sold for much less from other sellers or on eBay... and also especially when everyone on the Facebook groups pretty much consider retail sometimes as too high or not a "decent" price :lol

‎Richard Horwitz Jr.‎ to One Sixth Republic BST
1 hr ·
For Sale – HOT TOYS Figures For Sale 1/6th and 1/4th
$1
Owensboro, KY
All are in excellent condition, all come with brown shippers unless otherwise noted (brown shipper have shipping wear, art boxes may have dinged corners but contents are excellent). Some MIB and some have been opened inspected only, some have been displayed in glass cabinet in smoke free environment. Buyer pays Paypal fees and shipping. Will ship in brown shippers (if included) or double boxed if requested. Here are the items with prices:

Hot Toys Assassin's Creed II Ezio Displayed Briefly no brown shipper $500.00 USD

Hot Toys Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Displayed Briefly no brown shipper $350.00 USD

Hot Toys Clash of the Titans Perseus Open and inspected Brown Shipper $190.00 USD

Hot Toys Back to the Future Marty McFly EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $325.00 USD

Hot Toys Thor The Dark World (Light Asgardian Armor Version) Open and inspected Brown Shipper $255.00 USD

Hot Toys Thor the Dark World Loki EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $245.00 USD

Hot Toys X-Men The Last Stand Wolverine Open and inspected Brown Shipper $235.00 USD

Hot Toys The Wolverine Open and inspected Brown Shipper $285.00 USD

Hot Toys Guardian of the Galaxy Little Groot 1/4 MIB $50.00 USD

Hot Toys Guardian of the Galaxy Star-Lord EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $285.00 USD

Hot Toys Guardian of the Galaxy Rocket & Groot EX MISB $385.00 USD

Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman Open and inspected Brown Shipper $250.00 USD

Hot Toys Man of Steel Jor-El Open and inspected Brown Shipper $160.00 USD

Hot Toys Man of Steel General Zod Open and inspected Brown Shipper $210.00 USD

Hot Toys 300 King Leonidas Displayed Briefly no brown shipper $600.00 USD

Hot Toys Spider-Man 3 Spider-Man (Red) Art box shows some wear Displayed Briefly brown shipper $225.00 USD

Hot Toys Spider-Man 3 Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $335.00 USD

Hot Toys Spider-Man 3 The New Goblin Open and inspected No Brown Shipper $180.00 USD

Hot Toys The Amazing Spider-Man Open and inspected Brown Shipper $230.00 USD

Hot Toys Avengers:Age of Ultron Mark XLII EX MISB $550.00 USD

Hot Toys Ironman 3 The Mandarin Open and inspected Brown Shipper $150.00 USD

Hot Toys Iron Man XXI MIDAS w/Tshirt (m) Art box never opened Brown Shipper $450.00 USD

Hot Toys Prince Dastan Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Open and inspected No Brown Shipper $225.00 USD

Hot Toys Scar Predator AVP Displayed Briefly brown shipper $345.00 USD

Hot Toys Predator 2 Shadow Predator EX Displayed Briefly no brown shipper $220.00 USD

Hot Toys Luke Skywalker (Bespin Outfit) DX07 EX open and inspected noticed button to secure holster has the magnet but is disconnected to leather (easily fixed) Brown Shipper $700.00 USD

Hot Toys Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper Disguise version)EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $380.00 USD

Hot Toys Luke Skywalker EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $325.00 USD

Hot Toys Hans Solo & Chewbacca Open and inspected Brown Shipper $650.00 USD

Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi Open and inspected Brown Shipper $320.00 USD

Hot Toys Darth Vader Open and inspected Brown Shipper $340.00 USD

Hot Toys Stormtroopers EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $600.00 USD

Hot Toys Shadow Trooper EX Open and inspected Brown Shipper $220.00 USD

Hot Toys 1/4 Boba Fett Special Edition MISB $475.00 USD

Hot Toys 1/4 The Dark Knight Rises Batman Open and inspected Brown Shipper $785.00 USD

I dug out my Hot Toys Indy for display and the shoulder bad strapped snapped in 3 places when I put the coat on him. I wasn't rough at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

I dug out my Hot Toys Indy for display and the shoulder bad strapped snapped in 3 places when I put the coat on him. I wasn't rough at all. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yep, one of the first things to deteriorate.

If you're looking for a DIY replacement something close can be found in a craft store like Michael's.

If you want accuracy & stellar craftsmanship PM MFisher about it.

Also may want to visit this thread.

I already PM'd Mike. His gun belt is amazing. Just annoyed that it fell apart when I wasn't man handling it at all.

I bought a HT bag on eBay that looked completely fine but the strapped arrived snapped. Just seemed dried out from age, crappy material.

MFisher hooked it up. Looks better than before now.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

I’ve tried to make improvements to mine, doesn’t always turn out the way that I’d like it:

b0f0e995b70236e42888b8cbd80ce077.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back