HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20170225_221512.jpg

My two Hot Toys DX05 customs.

The only mod was shaving down the top of the head on the map room version to allow the turban to fit.

The set is fantastic. But a bad sculpt drops the grade significantly imo. For me this is a dog for HT in the sculpt dept.

I picked up a repainted ss sculpt on ebay for $35 that i like much better.

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Did the Indiana Jones DX05 figure sell well for Hot Toys? I'm asking because if it did wouldn't it make sense for them to do a Temple of Doom Indy with a brand new head sculpt?

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

Did the Indiana Jones DX05 figure sell well for Hot Toys? I'm asking because if it did wouldn't it make sense for them to do a Temple of Doom Indy with a brand new head sculpt?
It didn't sell out right away if that's what you are asking. Indy isnt a very popular franchise in the Asian market. I kinda think the only reason they did Indy was part of the deal for them to get and do Bespin Luke. That was back when they didn't own the Asian License of SW and had to piggyback off Sideshows license rights.

I'm not totally against them trying another Indy. But I'm more than satisfied with my custom Raiders and TOD versions. Maybe they could do a Last Crusade?

Either way it'll be interesting to see if they do one from the next movie with them being so deep in Disney's pocket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is the Asian market more important to Hot Toys then the US market?

I did not know that. I always wondered who was buying all of those Iron Man figures! LOL!

Definitely those Asians! Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A dearly departed friend mentioned how the HT founder, Howard Chan, was so accessible in their small Hong Kong store and developed a friendly relationship with him and it was this friend of mine who personally bought for me their Tom Cruise-like F-14 pilot figure, which cost me $100 then and which IMO surpassed the Dragon and BBI pilot figures that came out around that time. At the Hot Toys table at a GI Joe convention in Burlingame, California I vaguely remember if it was Howard Chan himself manning the table and at that early stage of HT development, this guy was so eager to sell their bits, even stripping a figure right in front of me before I even indicated a desire to buy any of it. To me that was an indicator of a healthy regard for customers esp. in contrast to retailers at these kinds of shows in both Asian and American markets and who are just plain d***heads.

I would have been shocked back then to find out how huge and wide their movie licenses would become today and when I got my first real movie Hot Toys figures years later, Batman Begins and Superman Returns, coincidentally also for $100 each, I was semi-skeptical if they were genuinely licensed to begin with.

I wish that Hot Toys would create a separate brand JUST for very limited figure runs (500 to 1000 max). One division could just cater to their huge money makers (like Star Wars, DC, Marvel) while the other division smaller movie properties. I know many collectors who would pay more for a licensed Temple of Doom Indiana Jones or Raiders Marion Ravenwood. Someone needs to talk to Howard Chan and tell him that he could make even more money with this business model! :)

Back