HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

On a side note, does anyone else think this puts the other two exclusives to shame?

Iron Man and Predator? If so, then for me, yeah but then again that's a biased choice considering I'm not a fan of either of those (well, I like the 1st Predator).

It's always been Batman > Everything else.

But if you mean Demon Batman and Scarecrow, then that's a hard one. If this one isn't as much of a headache to obtain like Scarecrow and Demon, then yeah, I definitely think it's better.

This looks f'n sweet!!!

But how do I get one without going to the show?

I'm kind of surprised by the sheer number of people that don't have the OC TDK from 2008 judging by facebook, other sites and on here. You'd think that a good chunk of people would have bought it between when it was first released in July 2008 until now and that demand would be meant for the most part.

That just goes to show how many fans there are. Hot Toys would be wise to make high production numbers for this thing. You have the average Batman fan looking for this, those that missed out on the OC, the fans of film Batman, fans of Begins, 1/6 collectors, fans that found this looking for TDKR info, Hot Toys enthusiasts, people that want the Bruce Wayne sculpt for a regular Bruce Wayne figure, those that want the "first night out" look, people that want more Batman parts, and most certainly those that are completists looking to "finish" the Hot Toys Batman line up.

Well said, Sir! :lecture:goodpost::exactly:

I still remember that time frame though where there were plenty available for months for less than $200. It was in the classifieds, sellers had them, they were on ebay, online stores etc. Then it sort of went under the radar when TDK Batman and Bank Robber Joker came around but shot up after wards.

Granted, I'm sure there are more 1/6 collectors than there were 3 years ago, but still. Seems like "everyone" missed out. Hot Toys could certainly change that with this one.

the TDK OC batman was kind of a turning point for HT, that was the figure that turned a lot of heads - also, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the TDK OC batman unavailable in the US? i think because of that a lot of people weren't able to get it right away. i remember i only paid 125$ shipped for OC batman and V1 joker, with the prices hadn't gone up like stupid on HT figures

Yeah the OC Batman was only available in Asia and was not released in the kind of numbers HT releases are done nowadays, hence only the early HT adopters or those with deep pockets to get it later on really have one.

On a side note, does anyone else think this puts the other two exclusives to shame?

the shadow predator still looks pretty nice and i'd like to get it if it's not 300+

as for ironman, it's getting tiresome, it's the same figure, with a few more scratches, with a few more bullet marks - but i really hate ironman so my opinion here is very bias

Yeah the OC Batman was only available in Asia and was not released in the kind of numbers HT releases are done nowadays, hence only the early HT adopters or those with deep pockets to get it later on really have one.

k, that's what i thought
i got it through a boardie who a year later ripped off a lot of people and disappeared - by then i had gotten out of the collecting because i was going to school fulltime, no job, and barely enough gas money to get to class, so i missed out on a few HT releases and catching up now would be impossible unless i was suddenly rich

This looks amazing! Gonna try order two, so I can display each costume!

Other then paying absurd prices on Ebay , is there anywhere else you could get it?

I might get a friend to pop over to the Toyfair and pick them up for me!

Except the extra head sculpts the normal one is identical to the original release right?

does anyone know what price this may be thanks :hi5:

Was the Scarecrow/Demon set that difficult to obtain? I remember it being available at various import sites. I got mine from AmiAmi and it was available from Toys2, right?

I was able to pre-order both the v1 joker and TDK OC batman from ebay at a pretty young age. Now that I'm alittle older and the income is pretty steady I'm honestly concern about how I'm going to get this figure because I'm not going to attend SDCC.

cot daaaaaaayuuuuum......this is cleaaaaaaaan azzzz, somebody please tell me how to get my hands on this!!!! i def wont be making it to any of the fairs n cons but i gotta get one since i missed all the older releases!!

Specs..

~ MMS Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure from the classic Batman Begins movie as the 2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive item in view of its popularity.
The Batman/ Bruce Wayne collectible is highly detailed and fully deployed, specially crafted based on the image of Christian Bale as the iconic character Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the movie, highlighting the detailed head sculpt, costume, weapons and accessories.

The 1/6th scale Batman/ Bruce Wayne (Batsuit Begins Version) Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Batman/ Bruce Wayne in the Batman Begins movie

- Two (2) interchangeable heads with one (1) Batman head and one (1) newly developed head sculpt of Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the movie with accurate facial expression, detailed wrinkles and skin texture

- Specially sculpted neck with detailed skin texture to match with the head sculpt

- Batman head with three (3) interchangeable lower part of faces

- Batman body with 30 points of articulation

- Approximately 30 cm tall

- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable gloved palms including

■ One (1) pair of relaxed palms

■ One (1) pair of fists

■ One (1) right palm for holding gun

■ One (1) right palm for holding batarang

■ One (1) left palm for holding bomb

Costume :

- One (1) Batsuit with cape

- One (1) detailed utility belt with cell phone and accessories

- One (1) pair of forearm gauntlets

- One (1) pair of black-color boots

Weapons:

- One (1) Grapnel gun

- One (1) bomb

- Two (2) batarangs on belt clip (removable)

Accessories:

- One (1) set of full gear climbing harness and belt

- One (1) Ninja mask for wearing on the head sculpt

- Figure stand with Batman/ Bruce Wayne nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:

- Bruce Wayne’s Head Sculpted by KOJUN

- Batman’s Head Sculpted by KIM JUNG MI & EOM JEA SUNG

- Head Painted by JC.HONG

- Head Art Directed by KOJUN

Release date: Q3 2011

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

TM & © DC COMICS.
WB Shield: TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
(s11)

KOJUN killed that Bruce Wayne sculpt!

Hey Wookster, you're an inside man. Any idea if this will be available online with Sideshow for SDCC? Has anything been discussed?

Iron Man is a done deal with Sideshow/SDCC, the new Predator appears to be too. It may be wishful thinking but I just can't see something as popular as Batman not being offered up everywhere. Everywhere as in online, cons, international, toy fairs, whatever.

No official word yet, but the fact that it says TBD on the spec means it certainly isn't a given that this will be sold in the US. I'm guessing they couldn't get clearance for the Demon Bats and Scarecrow. Time will tell, hope it is!

I still see many of the same things that were off on the other version, shape of the cowl and length of the cowls neck, etc. In fact the cowl looks to be the same one just re-tooled to accommodate the mouths that can be switched out. The suit also seems to be the same, but it's really cool that people that missed out on him the fist time have a chance to get one (or two). The addition of the new accessories is nice too, and the new bale head looks 100 times better. All in all a solid figure for sure, but not different enough to warrant me buying it since I have the last one. Congarts to everyone who'll be able to finally own this guy though, great figure to have.

Except the extra head sculpts the normal one is identical to the original release right?

Yep, normal mouth piece looks identical to the OC Batman, but maybe with better paint? Can't tell by pics.

The new Bale head is MENTAL GOOD - however, having owned every Batman figure HT produced, not once did I use a Bale sculpt on any of them - if I have a Batman figure then I want him to look like Batman, not BatBale. The figure dosent seem to have any improvements at all - eg where the cape clips are, poor cape, easily damaged rubber suit - and the mouth pieces (the two new ones) are pretty ugly looking but maybe they look better in hand. The third mouth piece looks exactly the same as the orginal!!!!! However the cape clips I suppose might be easily removed if he is meant to be able to turn into first night out bats. All that said, I'd rather wait and see what the new suit looks like from the new film before rushing into to try and get one of these (if thats even possible for someone in the UK)

Best Hot Toys Batman figure ever!!Looks so so amazing:horror.I dont any previous HT Batman figures and I really need this!Screw Captain A this is more interesting.Bale headsculpt is fantastic looks just like him.

I still see many of the same things that were off on the other version, shape of the cowl and length of the cowls neck, etc. In fact the cowl looks to be the same one just re-tooled to accommodate the mouths that can be switched out. The suit also seems to be the same, but it's really cool that people that missed out on him the fist time have a chance to get one (or two). The addition of the new accessories is nice too, and the new bale head looks 100 times better. All in all a solid figure for sure, but not different enough to warrant me buying it since I have the last one. Congarts to everyone who'll be able to finally own this guy though, great figure to have.

Yeah - they should have taken the opportunity to improve the cowl too.

But yeah great for those that did not have one before and as I said i'll be getting at least one of these to broaden by Begins display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back